“Good Hotel!”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
Minnesota
“Good Hotel!”
Reviewed 10 July 2007

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful with a convenient location. Great choice for Escondido!

• Liked — Location and Cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Mariposa1020

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 September 2006

Did not find the same satisfaction as the other people who stayed here.

We were given a room 121 on the ground floor close to the pool and next the side entrance. We could hear anytime someone used the door and therefore did not sleep well. We could also hear the kid in the next room in the morning. I am not a light sleeper - I would say the sound proofing is inadequate.

The other major complaint was the shower - there was not enough water pressure to wash the soap out of your hair. My husbands comment "I would be better off putting my head in the toliet". He also had to bend over to use the shower head and he is only 5'8" tall.

We had a king bed and there was only about 2 1/2 feet between it and the entertainment center/closet to walk around. The bed was not that comfortable.

Thank goodness we arrived late and left early - I would have not stayed here another night.

I am not sure when the hotel was built, but it is a older building and it is seems to be well maintained. The decor was nicely update.

The hotel is right next to the freeway. We did not have a problem with the noise as we were on the 1st floor, but had been told that the freeway noise is really loud on the 3rd floor.

Food - Looked liked a nice selection of pastries and cereal.

• Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank yojo

Travellers are raving about these Escondido hotels

Sacramento
Reviewed 23 August 2006

i wasn't as satisfied as i thought i would be. when we checked in, we waited about 20 minutes cos no one was there at the desk..the lobby was nice.. we got a really really close room to the lobby... which was good.. with a view of the pool.. there was no microwave or fridge.. there was an empty corner.. i imagine that it used to be there... we payed 117.80 for a night.. too much for what we got.. continental breakfast was a joke.. they cleaned it up before the time they said they were.. so wake up early for breakfast..

close stuff near by.. like target.. and other food places.... would i stay again?? yes, but not for this price..

Stayed August 2006
2 Thank kalygurl
Irvine, CA
Reviewed 2 May 2006

Like others who have reviewed this hotel, I was hesitant about staying here. Escondido isn't the greatest area and this is only a 2 star hotel. Boy was I surprised! The room looked brand new and was very nice. All the amenties were in good shape and the bed was *really* comfortable! My girlfriend was impressed, so that says it all! This should be at least a 3 star hotel and it would be on the high end of the spectrum. This is also the closest hotel to the Harrah's Rincon Casino and Hotel (which was sold out), and this is a great deal if you can't or don't want to stay there. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed April 2006
1 Thank Jamie B
Phoenix
Reviewed 4 February 2006

I was hesitant to stay at the Holiday Inn Express - but I shouln't have been. Great room (rented a suite so might be different with standard), almost like an apartment. Great bathroom - the showerhead was excellent, great water pressure, fluffy towels. The bed was firm, so depending on how you like it...Many many fluffy pillows were provided. Wonderful!

Staff was warm and helpful, and not overly freindly. A great combination.

And, I was able to use the line "I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!" at the business conference I was attending!

• Stayed February 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank Arizona2
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 November 2005

Room was tiny, but clean and comfortable. Very accommodating team. Great experience!!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
OMaha, NE
Reviewed 12 October 2005

This is my home town and the first time I have had to stay in a hotel there, but this Holiday Inn Express had my reservation in order and ready for me when I checked in, plus it included a priority club upgrade to a nice suite without my asking for it -

The Hotel hallways were being remodeled and they were not that great looking, but the room was nice and had basically everything I could need including two tv's, a frig, microwave, kitchen sink, dishes, king size bed - comvertible sleeper sofa and a nice bath - with amenities including shampoo, conditioner, hand cream, and mouth wash -

The bathroom had some water ants in the tub and floor area, but other then that the room was nice -

The breakfast bar was limited and could easily have had a few more items and the bakery was somewhat stale as if it was from the previous day - I thought the breakfast bar could have used more attention. But all of the staff that I met were very friendly and seemed to care about their job and the task they were doing. The pool and spa area looked nice and clean and had nice flowers and tropical plants - the exercise room had a nice variety of equipment - the one thing the hotel lacked was a business center.

I did come home late from a reunion I was attending one evening and there were a lot of Hispanics huddled in the parking lot - I grew up with Hispanics and know them and treat them well - but this group acted a bit roudy as if they had been drinking and I thought that security should have handled it - but when I got to my room, which faced that section of the parkinglot, it appeared that they had dispersed.

There was also a hotel cat that I saw in the lobby and other areas of the hotel and while I enjoy pets, I know that some are alergic to them, plus I thought it was not sanitary for this cat to be in the same area that the breakfast items were being served.

Having said all of that, I would stay there agin -

7 Thank TravelingMinister
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escondido
Comfort Inn Escondido San Diego North County
#2 of 5 in San Marcos
Escondido Lodge
Escondido Lodge
#8 of 16 in Escondido

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Diego - Escondido? Share your experiences!