“A Great Place to Stay”

Alderbrook Manor Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Etna
Alderbrook Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Etna B&B and Inns
San Rafael, California
“A Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My wife and I were on a week long camping trip and we decided to take a break from the tent and washing in the lakes for one night at the Alderbrook Manor, in Beautiful Downtown Etna, CA (also known as the State of Jefferson). What a great decision that was. Vicki and Dave, the owners, couldn't have been more gracious. Although they had to leave early the next morning for a shopping trip and couldn't fix us breakfast, they went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. The room was very nice, the shower was just awesome, but the best part was sitting on the porch talking story with Dave and Vicki while a couple of local friends came by to chat while we drank beer and wine. We really got to see what it's like to live in this part of our great state of California. And staying in Etna you are right in the middle of the beautiful Scott Valley and very close to the Trinity Alps Wilderness and Marble Mountain Wilderness areas, one of the most beautiful and least crowded parts of California.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Craig T

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Milwaukee
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and I love staying at Alderbrook. Vicki and Dave make sure each guest feels welcome and comfortable. Their natural friendliness seems to light a spark so that guests often mingle, decide to go together to dinner, or linger on the porch with a glass of wine. More reserved people feel at home too! We're going back this year.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bets54
Truckee
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Wonderful Bed & Breakfast. Dave & Vicki welcomed us to there lovely place. We were on a 2 day bicycle trip. This was our first leg ot the trip from the Forks of the Salmon River over the Callahan Pass about 60 miles of riding. This was our overnight stop before we returned back to Forks of the Salmon via Etna Pass the next day. What a wonderful surprise. Great hospitality and great food. Our accomodations were lovely. They also cater to hikers and even the Pacific Crest hikers. A beautiful spot in a beautiful valley nestled up against the magnificient Trinity and Marble mountain ranges. A special spot to see in Northern California. We want to come back soon!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank D T
Paris, France
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I would like to send special thanks to Vickie and Dave who run Alderbrook Manor in Etna, North California. And highly recommend the place: accommodation is excellent, the food is great but above all Vickie and Dave are providing a rare warm and friendly company. You really feel like you are welcome in their home. The area is gorgious if you want to discover "real" and almost untouched sceneries, including the Pacific Crest Trail passing by near to Etna. You cannot find a better place to stay and discover this remote and authentic Scott Valley.
Philippe ROUER (Paris France).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank prouer
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We had the good fortune to stay at Alderbrook Manor last week. The hosts, Vicki and Dave, made us feel at home before we even got out of the car. They are a very warm and welcoming couple, but not overwhelming. The house and grounds are beautiful and well maintained. We enjoyed walking around town and to dinner at the Etna Brewery. We also had a nice bicycle ride on country roads with virtually no traffic. We will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sebago1
San Francisco
Reviewed 26 October 2010

My sister, myself and my two sons were visiting Etna for a weekend. We had decided to stay in Etna as a base for hiking in the area. The lovely owners of this bed and breakfast took incredible care of us and we had a fantastic weekend. My sons enjoyed the family dog and wandering the large, beautiful grounds. Breakfast was far above what I expected, little apple pie treats, a great egg scramble and lots of fresh fruit and home grown tomatoes. The home itself is beautiful and relaxed at the same time. The other guests, staying for a local wedding, were also fun to chat with and enjoy breakfast with. We had a good dinner in town at the local brewery and brought a growler of fantastic pale ale back for my husband. My sons, OK, actually all of us, enjoyed the soda fountain in town at the drug store and I had a caramel root beer float... sooo good!!! The hiking was beautiful. We did some local trails at the top of Mt. Etna and also hiked in the Trinity Alps, Lake Gulch Trail, it was beyond beautiful and my son said at one point, that it looked like a storybook scene... sloping grassy meadows going up the sides of the mountain, granite spires, groves of tall pines leading to an alpine lake surrounded by granite cliffs. (my son just sat down and when I said that I was reviewing the place we had stayed at in Etna, he said "that place was awesome!") That pretty much sums up our weekend :-)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sfsun
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 April 2010

Alderbrook BB is a great place to stay! Vicki and Dave are great host's. The breakfast was hearty and her country potatoes are amazing!! Once you arrive in Etna everything slows down. I felt so relaxed by the natural beauty that surrounded me. Snow capped Mountains, trees and deer everywhere. I enjoyed walking about the spacious grounds with a nice brook. I loved the little woodpecker outside my window letting me know it was time to get ready for a new day. I thnk what I enjoyed most was the fact that this was not another stuffy B & B, I really felt at home. Must Do's in Etna: Go to the Etna Brewery. Bob's serves a pretty decent dinner as well. I missed the drug store with the soda fountain. You gotta save something for next time ;) p.s. Free Wireless and it works great!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business

Been to Alderbrook Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!