“Nice KOA”

Eureka RV Park and Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eureka
Eureka RV Park and Campground
Smyrna, Tennessee
“Nice KOA”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Stayed one night in a one room cabin. Typical KOA cabin. Although, the mattress was thicker and therefore more comfortable than other KOA cabins that we have stayed in. The bathrooms were clean and close to the cabins. The staff was friendly. We did have a problem with the lock on our cabin when trying to get in at about 11 p.m. and the on-call management came right away and let us in and even gave us a 2nd key.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank branningme

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Well actually there wasn't but try and tell that to my smoke detector!
Stayed here for part of one night on my 7 week road trip across Canada & the U.S.
Rented one of the cottages and then with the help of the staff who I found to be very helpful & friendly ordered a pizza delivered from Paul's Live From New York in downtown Eureka.
Couldn't believe my eyes when the delivery guy shows up driving a Porsche! He had just gotten his dream car and was grinning from ear to ear with his new delivery vehicle! Tried to get a picture of him leaving but it was just a blur by then. Settled in later for a quiet nights sleep but my smoke detector had other ideas...kept going off every few minutes and they only way to silence it was to wave a towel under it until it stopped. The third time was the breaking point for me so I went to the pay phones and tried to get a hold of the site manager only to get a recording...so at about 2:00 a.m. had no choice but to pack up my car and head into Eureka and get the first room I came to at the Clarion Hotel...they must have felt sorry for me at the Clarion because they gave me a discount! All in all a frustrating night with hardly any sleep...maybe in future there should be some way to get a hold of site managers after hours so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Mike H

Travellers are raving about these Eureka hotels

Silkeborg, Denmark
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

In Oct. 2012 this site needs a little maintanance before it totaly wears totally down. The restroom building in the middle of the campground can be made more apaeling, with just a little effort.

But otherwise a finestop on our way down south. Sites are level.

• Stayed October 2012
Roseville, California, United States
Reviewed 5 October 2012

The campground was nice but had several flaws, the worst being the excessive dog poop that was not properly policed. It was everywhere, and the ownership was not doing enough to control it. The problem was made worse by the lack of disposal facilities. Not even any signs reminding campers to "Clean up after your pet." There were not enough trash cans in general. The internet was slow and dropped out a lot. On the plus side, the laundry and restrooms were clean, but overall we were very disappointed and probably won't return.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank RWBrant
Berkeley, CA
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed two nights with a tent at KOA Eureka, and I was very happy. It's clean, well-maintained, peaceful, and the adjacent shop is well stocked. Apart from the "usual" birdlife looking out for left food, there's sparrows flying all around the campground, which I've never encountered before and is a nice touch - in my experience, sparrows are very picky about the places they inhabit. The staff is very friendly.
The only thing that I wasn't happy with was the Wi-Fi: it worked okay, but only in the rec room. As soon as you moved away from that room for as little as twenty feet, the connection would become very weak and spotty. It was no problem for me (I did my Wi-Fi business in the rec room) but it would be nice to have Wi-Fi throughout the place, it's definitely doable. Giving 5 stars nevertheless, but management please take note.
They have a nice $1/hour late checkout policy which I found much less stressful - I 'd rather pay a couple of bucks extra, than having to awkwardly ask a favour, and never knowing when you've overstayed your welcome.
Overall: A+, would stay again!

Room Tip: Hikers note: this is a totally auto-centric KOA; there is no way to leave the area by foot to enter...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Pekka G
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Wonderful site great host. Even has a hay ride. Dog park is a plus. Location a must. Eureka city pretty nasty but koa removes you from the dredges.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Bwitt3
, Manager at Eureka RV Park and Campground, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you for your post! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hay ride and pet park. We work hard to offer many family friendly amenities at our facility. We hope you will visit again soon.
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in early spring, campground mostly empty. Staff was very hospitable, facilities were clean.Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank 607FamilyofFour
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. We value your feedback! We are glad that you had a great time at our facility. Yes, spring and fall are wonderful times to travel to our area to avoid the crowds. Plus, those are our best weather months too! We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eureka
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayshore Inn
Red Lion Hotel Eureka
Red Lion Hotel Eureka
#5 of 21 in Eureka
Hampton Inn and Suites Arcata, CA

Been to Eureka RV Park and Campground? Share your experiences!