“Good place to overnight on way to Redwoods”

Eureka RV Park and Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eureka
Eureka RV Park and Campground
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in an RV on part of our National Park road trip.
Good place but very small sites with limited privacy. Lots of activities for small kids (we have two) such as play area, trike rentals, mini golf, horseshoe pits & a small pool & hot tub.
Staff in office / shop very helpful. Shop has a rec room attached with video games and pool tables.
Bbq on our site was so rusted it was unusable, guess most people must bring their own.
We got full hookup for 46 dollars which seems good value.

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Eureka RV Park and Campground

Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed in a cabin for three nights and felt like we got excellent value for the money. The cabin was clean and, while surrounded by other cabins and tent campsites, was very quiet. The clerk at the front desk tells you in no uncertain terms that the place quiets down at 10:00 p.m. and it seems to work that way. It's a very family oriented place which, as retired people, it was great to be among young families and their well behaved children.
When you first drive into the campground you have to negotiate the yard of some sort of wood processing place. Don't be put off by this; once you get into the campground, you don't notice the yard and it feels like most other KOA campgrounds.
They have a nice little pancake and sausage breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings for only $3.00.
The bathrooms were very clean. They're kind of small so when it's time to re-up the place, KOA should invest in somewhat bigger bathrooms. Otherwise, everything worked well.
The mattresses are pretty hard and covered with plastic. We used an air mattress which made everything very comfortable.
We travel to Arcata quite often and find the highway hotels to be in kind of seedy neighborhoods and are fairly expensive so these small cabins are a nice deal if you don't mind using a communal bathroom and bringing along your own sleeping gear. We've found KOAs to be a mixed bag but, if you generally are OK with KOAs, you should like this one.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Stayed one night in a one room cabin. Typical KOA cabin. Although, the mattress was thicker and therefore more comfortable than other KOA cabins that we have stayed in. The bathrooms were clean and close to the cabins. The staff was friendly. We did have a problem with the lock on our cabin when trying to get in at about 11 p.m. and the on-call management came right away and let us in and even gave us a 2nd key.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank branningme
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Well actually there wasn't but try and tell that to my smoke detector!
Stayed here for part of one night on my 7 week road trip across Canada & the U.S.
Rented one of the cottages and then with the help of the staff who I found to be very helpful & friendly ordered a pizza delivered from Paul's Live From New York in downtown Eureka.
Couldn't believe my eyes when the delivery guy shows up driving a Porsche! He had just gotten his dream car and was grinning from ear to ear with his new delivery vehicle! Tried to get a picture of him leaving but it was just a blur by then. Settled in later for a quiet nights sleep but my smoke detector had other ideas...kept going off every few minutes and they only way to silence it was to wave a towel under it until it stopped. The third time was the breaking point for me so I went to the pay phones and tried to get a hold of the site manager only to get a recording...so at about 2:00 a.m. had no choice but to pack up my car and head into Eureka and get the first room I came to at the Clarion Hotel...they must have felt sorry for me at the Clarion because they gave me a discount! All in all a frustrating night with hardly any sleep...maybe in future there should be some way to get a hold of site managers after hours so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

In Oct. 2012 this site needs a little maintanance before it totaly wears totally down. The restroom building in the middle of the campground can be made more apaeling, with just a little effort.

But otherwise a finestop on our way down south. Sites are level.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 5 October 2012

The campground was nice but had several flaws, the worst being the excessive dog poop that was not properly policed. It was everywhere, and the ownership was not doing enough to control it. The problem was made worse by the lack of disposal facilities. Not even any signs reminding campers to "Clean up after your pet." There were not enough trash cans in general. The internet was slow and dropped out a lot. On the plus side, the laundry and restrooms were clean, but overall we were very disappointed and probably won't return.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank RWBrant
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed two nights with a tent at KOA Eureka, and I was very happy. It's clean, well-maintained, peaceful, and the adjacent shop is well stocked. Apart from the "usual" birdlife looking out for left food, there's sparrows flying all around the campground, which I've never encountered before and is a nice touch - in my experience, sparrows are very picky about the places they inhabit. The staff is very friendly.
The only thing that I wasn't happy with was the Wi-Fi: it worked okay, but only in the rec room. As soon as you moved away from that room for as little as twenty feet, the connection would become very weak and spotty. It was no problem for me (I did my Wi-Fi business in the rec room) but it would be nice to have Wi-Fi throughout the place, it's definitely doable. Giving 5 stars nevertheless, but management please take note.
They have a nice $1/hour late checkout policy which I found much less stressful - I 'd rather pay a couple of bucks extra, than having to awkwardly ask a favour, and never knowing when you've overstayed your welcome.
Overall: A+, would stay again!

Room Tip: Hikers note: this is a totally auto-centric KOA; there is no way to leave the area by foot to enter...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo