“Quaint, Intimate, Friendly”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Noticed Gill's while strolling around Old Town, which sadly has seen better days. Gill's was an exception and made the visit much more enjoyable. They have limited seating, but the food was quite good. The place had a casual comfortable feel. We were there for lunch, but the breakfast menu looked very interesting. It felt a tad pricy, but not out of reason. The service was a bit disappointing. The server did everything required, but it felt like this was definitely just a job. The kitchen is small and the place was hopping! The other diners were an interesting mix of locals and visitors. I suspect there might be "better" places, but I'd go back again.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We found this tiny restaurant by complete coincident. We couldn't have had a better place to eat breakfast. Their Crab Omelette is amazing. The owners are always there taking care of the place. Their in-house smoked salmon is some of the best I have had. I would go there any time I visit Eureka.

1  Thank Azzouni
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We have eaten there two days in a row since we are staying within walking distance. The restaurant has tons of pictures and items with labels hanging on the walls. For sure has a fisher men's feel to it. Pretty flowers outside, nice outside sitting/eating area. Food was as describe on the menu. I had the crab Benedict, it was amazing. And French toast, amazing! I am going to leave a four rating because on day two we went the entire meal with no refills even after asking for some. And it was very slow, I think she just completely forgot about us.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Gill's is a family owned, local restaurant located out in King Salmon. It has the best grilled crab sandwiches in Humboldt. They make them to your specifications and serve them with yummy fries. These specialty sandwiches are filled with huge pieces of crab and are totally worth they price of $14.50 (last time I was there). They also offer an amazing seafood chowder and their oyster shooters are always a treat! Take the time to find this cute, hole in the wall restaurant! It's worth it!

2  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at Gill's. The service was great and the wait staff was friendly. I ordered a Shrimp Louie salad and it was really fresh with more shrimp than I've ever had in a restaurant salad. Fresh shrimp! I hear their breakfasts are great so I will have to come again soon! Maybe tomorrow morning. There were beautiful flowers all over the deck outside. We ate inside because it was one of those foggy days. I imagine eating on the deck would be wonderful with all the beautiful flowers, the sea breeze, and bay view!

2  Thank Humtravel