“Decent Budget Stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Eureka

Super 8 Eureka
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Eureka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

It was a great pleasure to be courteously received at this Super 8 - especially since we'd just left a well-reviewed motel where the desk clerk was inept and curt. The Super 8 manager or desk clerk was gracious and helpful and for no apparent reason except kindness, bumped us up to a better room than we expected. And the room was great! It was spacious and comfortable, clean and attractive. The bathroom was in two parts, with the sink and counter outside the shower/toilet room. The counter was vast, with plenty of room for shower bags and other things. The downside of this Super 8 was in the pool area. I don't expect a pool, or even look for one when booking a room, but since they had an indoor pool here, I tried it out. The pool was small, OK, but it was overused and misused by young children with inattentive parents. The kids were bombing the water when they jumped in, again and again throwing water high out of the pool. The walls and windows were dripping and the floor was in no good shape. The pool water was a bit too murky for my taste. There was a hot tub, but it, too, had kids playing around, and the water looked murky. So my advice is - skip the pool; it's not fun. This Super 8 is on a main thoroughfare, so you're not going to get any kind of a view - busy street on both sides and a dumpster alley in the middle. But the windows were tight, and street sounds were minimal. The night's sleep was excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kelso
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

My experience with this Super 8 was horrible. Called for a reservation a month before my intended visit in November. Thought all was well until I received a charge on my card for a date the weekend after my phone call. When I arrived they had no reservation for me and informed me that the charge was for a no-show for the month previous. There was a major language barrier and was told to talk to the manager, but the manager had always left just 15 minutes before the several times I asked for him. After I returned home, I tried to call but was hung up on twice after I identified myself. Never received a refund and will never stay at this place again. Wondering how many others have been overcharged or rob by this facility?

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Eureka hotels

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

After spending the day in the redwoods, we stopped at the Super 8. The manager offered us a very reasonable rate and we took it. The sauna was great and the hotel is close to many dining options. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple