“A good place to stock up for fresh produce and picnic lunches”
Review of North Coast Co-Op

North Coast Co-Op
Ranked #32 of 186 Restaurants in Eureka
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: Not technically a restaurant, but an alternative grocery store that sells locally produced, organic stuffs. They have a sandwich, soup, salad, desert bar and a Deli, or we cruise the store for items for our picnic. There are tables and chairs in(and out in good weather). It's sister store is the Northcoast C0-Op down the 101 in Arcata on J st. between 8th & 9th. Rather stop at either of the Co-Ops for lunch or dinner, although they run out of the homemade soup by 5/6PM.
San Mateo, California
“A good place to stock up for fresh produce and picnic lunches”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stopped by the Eureka branch and picked up something simple for dinner. When I showed up at 8 pm, the sushi bar and deli were closed. I was still able to pick up teriyaki chicken rice bowl, veggie pad thai and penne pastas in pre- packed containers. All I needed was a microwave. Everything turned out ok. Fresh and convenient. I would stop by again if I am in the area.

• Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh food.”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I can get fresh fruits, breads, and cheeses which are some of my favorite foods to eat. Also, great organic coffees and teas. A variety of nice juices too. I really don't look for dislikes. Therefore, I only liked.

Visited April 2014
Ridgewood, NJ
“The Co-op is the place for fresh food”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

In the downtown district, we passed the Co-op and thought to stop in for a little fruit, etc for lunch. The store rivals if not surpasses the Whole Foods and Trader Joe's model. The fruits and vegetables were fresh and ripe. We bought some tomatoes and an avacado for a sandwich and they were both perfectly ripe and very flavorful.

They have a wide range of grains and rices that can be dispensed from canisters.

We also bought some whole wheat bread with poppy seed top. The bread was outstandingly flavorful and was able to remain fresh for a few days as well.

A definite treasure to the local residents and visitors.

• Visited March 2014
San Francisco
“Eureka! Healthy wholesome food!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Absolutely amazed to find this co-op. Great selection of fruit, bread, it had separate deli, salad and sushi bar. Carried local producers products: Katy's Smokehouse, Loleta, Cypress Grove cheeses, Diestel turkey deli. I only wish I could shop here regularly, but alas I was on a road-trip, so we purchased what we needed. This is a the best option to get great food when driving through Eureka.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank travelling_teena
Spokane, Washington
“Natural Food Heaven!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

While traveling through Old Town Eureka, we happened upon the huge and wonderful North Coast Co-op. It was like a dream come true... amazing bulk foods, produce, natural groceries of every sort, fresh baked goods, salad bar, hot bar, soup, sandwiches, etc. We stocked up for the rest of the trip! I had salad bar with quinoa salad, grilled veggies (OMG), uber fresh greens and other salad makings. Delightful food, interesting people, good service.

• Visited November 2013