“New Year's Eve dinner”

Paul's Live From New York Pizza
Ranked #23 of 192 Restaurants in Eureka
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Visiting the Humboldt area for our first time and asked our host at our hotel about a local pizza place. He suggested Paul's. The place was nice, nothing fancy - but clean and big tables to sit at. Ordered a large pizza and 2 salads that we split for the 4 of us. The salads were great and the pizza was good- not too thick of crust, hot and tasty. The tap water tasted awful- not sure what it was but it smelled like chlorine or some sort of chemical. I ended up going to the car to get a bottle of water. While we were eating I heard another customer complain about the water too. Weird! We asked for a side of jalapenos and the employee asked for 60 cents. No big deal, just a note about the little extras. Overall, the pizza was good, the salads were good and a nice meal for a decent price.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Excellent New York style pizza. Best I've had on the west coast but honestly does that really say much? I got better pizza at the airport in Newark :-) East coast pizza is so much better, I can't explain it. It just is. Maybe something in the water. The service here is pisspoor. I literally had to get my own pizza of the top of the oven once (after paying of course). Still- it's the best pie in town and I almost always run into someone I know. Which is great considering all the time I spend waiting for my phoned in order. Bottom line = serious grindage for east coast pizza lovers looking for a taste of home.

1  Thank scotthumb
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Really friendly staff, informal environment, huge huge good quality tasty pizzas you can watch being made. And a nice range of wines by the glass.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Suburb pizza! Only thing is...if you eat there, you can't taste your food because of the blaring 4 TVs all on different channels. There is also lots of machine noise from the open kitchen. One suggestion is to order take-out. That said, the staff are always friendly and the prices are reasonable. Portions are generous.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Asalam Aulaikum! This pizza was fantastic. There were many vegetarian options and it was affordable. I ordered two slices of two different offerings...they were HUGE and delicious. This is a family friendly place, and I saw lots of families, and it seemed they had a lot of "regulars" who come back often. I observed they knew people by name and greeted people as friends, not just customers. This is always a good sign. If people come often, it must be good. I know if I lived in Eureka, this is where I would get my pizza! Although they serve beer and wine, it is NOT a bar with pizza.
The crust on my pizza was just perfect, crispy, yet chewy on the edge. The spices and taste of the toppings were balanced and I enjoyed every bite.
I highly recommend this restaurant. I do not often recommend restaurants, because there are so many chains and food seems the same everywhere. When I find a great place, that is when I want to write about it. So, take my word for it and try Paul's Live From New York. You will not be disappointed!
Ma Salama! Happy travels!