“Clean and Quiet”

Best Western Plus Humboldt Bay Inn
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Had a handicap room. The room was very clean and quiet, but the mattress has seen better days, It had a small microwave and refrigerator, plus a coffee maker in the room. The bathroom was set up very well for someone in a wheel chair or having to use a walker. The breakfast they offer is typical, cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, heat up premade sausage cheese bagel, but you could make your own waffle. The breakfast is served in a courtyard that is half outdoor/indoor. The outdoor is by the pool and billiard table and has heaters and a covering.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a noisy location with HI way 101 on both sides of the hotel. The breakfast is well below the bar for a Best Western Plus Hotel. Most of the times we've stayed here, there is mold growing in the rooms. The handyman or contractor who hung the mirror must have had two too many as the mirror was off center and hung on about a 20 degree DOWN angle! I don't know why someone would pay for this kind of job. I think either no one checks or doesn't care before paying the bill, or possible incompetent.

1  Thank Zapper007
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Newly remodeled rooms are beautifully decorated, quiet and comfortable. Rates are very reasonable. Staff are professional and friendly. Morning breakfast has lots of options. Pool area is clean, private and comfortable. Great visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cherese T
Reviewed 18 June 2014

First off I’d like to say that I’m a travel agent. I’ve been very spoiled in my travels, but I’m always budget conscious. This was NOT the cheapest hotel in the area… BUT it was not expensive and probably the nicest hotel in the area. You can tell they put a lot of effort into this property… It’s had a serious face lift from its yesteryears. I was impressed with the updates in the bathroom and the nice TV. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean.
The pool area was great! The water was warm and the hot tub was HOT. When the sun started to go down and the air went cooler they had heat lamps around the tables. Very appreciated!
We stayed here on June 2nd, 2014 and arrived an hour or so before check in. We were tired from driving through a windy mountain pass and needed to relax. The staff was AMAZING. While they rushed to get a room ready for us, they recommended some things for us on our hunt for Redwoods... And without them, we probably wouldn’t have had the amazing time that we did. A big THANK YOU to the staff!
I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at his location again. I would highly recommend it to any of my clients.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Muddytoes81
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel was fine - the room was a little small, but very clean and comfortable. The parking lot was very tight, as we were in a larger vehicle. The breakfast was adequate, but "hot" food meant microwaveable sandwiches. However, there was plenty of room to eat either indoors or out by the pool. The staff, especially on our departure, were helpful and pleasant.

1  Thank Catherine K
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The outside of the buildings is a bit weathered, which would be expected being in a colder, rainier part of the state. However, my room was one of the most comfortable of any hotels in which I have stayed. There was a warmth and charm that is often lacking in hotels belonging to large chains. The restaurant next door provided a similar experience. It didn't look particularly appealing from the outside, but having stayed 3 days, I ate all meals except breakfast at the restaurant, where I experience excellent food. I left quite well satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I spent one night here recently and initially thought that it was a good hotel with good amenities and appreciated the free limousine to restaurants in
town. However in the morning I went to my case and it was full of ants that had come from the floor of the room. I found this a lot disgusting as I had to empty my entire case to get rid of them. When I told the staff at reception, all I got was an apology. This is not the standard I expect from any hotel and not the response I would have received from staff in England. It was then followed by a very poor breakfast, with very little choice. The free wifi was probably the best thing as well as the easy location in to the town centre. Other than that, I was not impressed with standards or customer service.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank whiterosee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eureka
Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn
Red Lion Hotel Eureka
#5 of 21 in Eureka
Town House Motel - Historic Old Town
Hampton Inn and Suites Arcata, CA

Been to Best Western Plus Humboldt Bay Inn? Share your experiences!