“Fine, No More No Less”

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
San Francisco, California
“Fine, No More No Less”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

If you're not in the mood to stay in a motel, this is probably your best bet. But be forewarned, there is no elevator, so if you have trouble handling stairs, make sure to ask for a room on the first floor. The rooms were clean and quiet, but to be honest, we stayed here because there was really nothing better in Eureka.

Stayed April 2014
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear TheBigMuffin,

We are so happy you chose to stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Eureka! We hope to have filled all your needs for the night! We hope that you chose to stay with us again in your future trips through the area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Really good place with clean rooms, good facilities and friendly staff. The breakfast was superb, especially considering the room rate. Will certainly recommend this to others. Staff very helpful with directions

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wiggle59
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Wiggle59,

I am so pleased to hear your stay with us was so enjoyable! I hope in any future trips to the states you choose to stay with us again!
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Comfortable bed and pillows with different levels of firmness. Clean room. Nice hot breakfast and 1/2 the price of other hotels in the town. Front desk staff (Donavin) was courteous and took care of us. Room was spacious and quiet

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gail V
Dear Gail V,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Eureka. We hope to see you again in your future trips through the area!
Fairfield
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I have traveled to Eureka a few times and love staying at this hotel. I have tried another hotel but wanted to check out and check back in to comfort inn. They staff is very friendly and helpful and the breakfast is awesome. And for the price you get a clean room, friendly staff and it doesn't hurt your wallet. It's right down their street from the mall and some nice restaurants and other fast food eateries. I work for them hotel industry so I'm on high alert when it comes to my stay and I can't say one bad thing about this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Sagittariusgurl,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay. We are so happy to hear your stays are as enjoyable each time as the last and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This was a very nice place to stay. It was clean, spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and polite. There were the usual choices for breakfast and it was nicely done. The price was reasonable. We would recommend it to others.

1 Thank Arlene T
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Arlene T,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay. We are so happy to hear your stay was enjoyable and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with this Comfort Inn. We are Choice privilege members so have stayed in lots of them. This one was very nice and very reasonably priced. The bed was great with lots of pillows of varying degrees of firmness. The room was spacious with a good TV and chair. The breakfast consisted of sausage and eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles and the usual carbs. The only drawback was a very bad smell in the parking lot one morning. I asked at the desk about it and was told it was coming from the pulp mill. So it was not the fault of the hotel and can apparently be smelled all over town. We did not smell it the day before and could not smell it in the room. I am glad I asked or I would have thought it was coming from their property. I checked reviews and rates on many different places before selecting this Comfort Inn and was not really satisifed with any of them for one reason or another. We were very pleased with this Comfort Inn and it will be where we stay from now on when we come through Eureka.

1 Thank bogeysue
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear bogeysue,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again in future visits to the area!
superior twp., mi
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have to acknowledge that it was my fault I left my purse behind when we checked out of this hotel last week, but it would have been nice if everything had still been in it when I returned to pick it up. Instead I was missing over $100. I keep track of how much money I take on vacation and what I spend while gone, so I knew to within a few dollars how much I had. And things had been moved around in my bag, so I know someone was in it when there was no need to be since it was in a room I'd stayed in for two days. This may not matter to those of you who aren't as forgettful as I am, but we had other bad experiences there as well. When we arrived to check in the front door was locked and we had to wait 15 minutes for someone to show up at the desk. Then our keys would not open our room door and their solution was for us to wait for a repairman. We went to dinner and came back an hour later and the problem was still not resolved. Again, their solution was for us to continue waiting. Our suggestion that they put us in another room was not looked upon favorably, but they eventually did. And the treadmill was out of order our entire stay. Needless to say, I can't recommend this hotel. They did have a sign on their desk asking guests to write a review on tripadvisor, so I'm honoring that.
And as far as their current promotion where if you stay 2 nights and get a third free, that doesn't work either, as I tried to use it twice while gone!

3 Thank susan t
Brandy G, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Humboldt Bay, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear susan t,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent trip to the area. I have been out of town since the 1st so I am unaware of the problems you encountered while staying with us. If you could please email me at gm.caa23@choicehotels.com I would like to figure out exactly what happened. As for the promotion, stay two nights get a third free, you must be a member of Choice Privileges and you MUST register for the promotion at Choicehotels.com prior to your first stay unless you signed up for the rewards program during the promotion. Each and every promotion must be registered for before the first stay you would like to count towards the promotion. As well, each reservation has to be made via choicehotels.com or through the 800 reservation line on your rewards card. If you did this and still had a problem, I would recommend contacting Choice Privileges at the 800 number on the back of your rewards card. We unfortunately can't give free nights at the hotels, it all must be done with them. As long as you are a member, registered for the promotion, made your reservation with Choice Privileges and had your CP number on each reservation I don't see why they couldn't have granted you your stay. Usually, they will give you enough points for a stay and then you would have to go online of again call their 800 number to redeem them for a stay. Unfortunately, at desk level we really don't have the ability to do anything except put your number on your reservation. Also, points generally take 24-72 hours to post, if you tried doing the free night on your 3rd night traveling that may have been the problem. I would definitely contact Choice Privileges.

Travellers are raving about these Eureka hotels