“OK it's a MOTEL not a HOTEL u gets what u pay for”
Review of Laguna Inn

Laguna Inn
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My room was clean, clean sheets, clean bathroom, clean surfaces, clean fridge and microwave.

Bed was good, booked a double queen to get 2 pillows each and a bit more stretching space.

This hotel cost me $75 and in Motel lanuage that was expensive, but it was memorial weekend and that meant it was time to rip off everything and everyone that was moving on our planet, so I guess is was horses for courses.

Yes, I would stay again, but it would be on a need basis, Breakfast is billy basic and served at the motel check in office, that has to be the pitts to start with, come on, who wants to eat a beakfast next to the check in desk!

What's it worth, well in june 2012 $50+tax

If visiting eureka then be prepared for a bit of nostalgia, it's old and rundown with some signs of down and outs on the streets.

Enjoy - UK world traveler

Room Tip: Bring an iron and hairdryer unless you wish to trust your luck at reception. Place to stop over if...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Resham D, General Manager at Laguna Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

> We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was
> unsatisfactory. I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your
> dissatisfaction. There is never an excuse for providing a valued
> guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience. We
> are sorry that you received service that promoted you to contact us
> with a complaint, and we regret any inconvenience or frustration that
> your experience has caused you. To ensure that our staff conducts
> itself in a manner that reflects the high regard that we have for our
> coustmers.
> We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good
> service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. We appreciate
> your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement is
> needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards.
> We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and have taken
> corrective action to ensure that this incident will not occur in the
> future. We sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity in the near
> future to extend our hospitality.
> Sincerely,
> management

Reviewed 21 March 2012

The room smelled strongly of cat urine even after opening the door and windows and turning on the fan. It was uninhabitable. The manager was rude and said too bad, you can't cancel, there is a 24 hour cancellation policy. I wound up just leaving and rented a room at the Motel 6 down the street for $10 dollars cheaper and the room was clean, warm and smelled like nothing other than fresh air. I wasted $62 dollars and never slept at the hotel.

Room Tip: Never stop here
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank MarySueU
Resham D, General Manager at Laguna Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

R. Dass
GM
Econo lodge

Reviewed 15 December 2011

So I arrived late on a Monday night after a long trip from home. I was exhausted! The man greeted me coldly and checked me in. Before I could walk away however he told me "No parties" I told him I just wanted a good nights sleep. I went to my room and noticed right away how absolutely frigid it was. I cranked up the heater and got out my sleeping bag seeing as how the bedding looked questionable at best. I looked around at the dingy room and wasn't impressed. The light in the bathroom barely worked and by that I mean you were lucky if it came on at all. So after crawling into my sleeping bag I quickly fell asleep. The next morning I awoke and called the front desk to ask for a late checkout which the same man allowed me another half an hour. I was surprised at that and yet he still was very rude to me over the phone. I took a shower and was disgusted by the towels which were stained with what looked like grease. I quickly got my gear together and got the hell out of there. I turned in my key and wanted to just say hey I am checking out. The same man didn't even acknowledge me or say thanks for staying. So in summary I would not recommend this place and if you're going to stay bring a sleeping bag or extra blanket, lysol and a tough skin.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Jonathan C
Reviewed 30 September 2011

this hotel is not a relaxing experience! clean and tidy as it is the comings and goings of dubious characters in rooms above and beside us was disconcerting to say the least... Pool was clean and as a keen early morning swimmer I was glad of that. The management needs to get their act together and clean up their guest list!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vickimckenna51
Reviewed 15 September 2011

when we arrived after drivin 13 long hours we noticed there was a lot of traffic and prostitutes so when we checked in went to our room opened the door the smell was horrible the air conditioner did not work at all the bathroom floor was nasty it looked like it had not been moped in months the bathtub was nasty nd dried up paint inside of it the toilet was broken you had to lift the top lid up to flush just not sanitary at all ,the carpet was just plain nasty then we went to talk with the manager he didnt want to say to much we went out and brought or own cleaning supplies bleach/lysol the manager act like he did not no what to do then he tells us the house keepers are off later onwe went to see this beautiful indoor pool that is a diiferent picture from the web site so 2 of us slept inthe vann terrible then the next morning we see the house keepers who are young teenage girls who were no more than 13/14 years of age walking around with pillow cases and on there phones this is a terrible place to stay i would never ever recommend are stay there again .

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TB38
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Neighborhood is sketchy and so were the other "guests." We wanted to be close to the Blues Festival but should have stayed further south. Maybe because it's close to downtown and the courthouse, but a variety of drunks and crackheads made it less than appealing.

Interior is your basic painted cinder block. However, the place is falling apart. Molding is peeling from the wall, latch plate for the door falling off, towels with holes and rust spots should be retired.

The "neighbors" barfing outside (when there's a toilet inside) woke me up and there was no sleeping after that. I'm pretty road hardened but I would not go there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Beemerfem
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Well, I chose to ignore the reviews and we paid the price. We picked this hotel because it was cheap and our excuse was "we just need a place to sleep for the night." Perhaps if it were just my husband and I travelling, but we had our 3 kids with us. I'll never do that again.

The man at the counter was quiet and unfriendly. He said no more than 10 words to me. The first thing that hit us, was the smell of the room. Even opening doors and windows couldn't relieve us of the dirty, musty, old smoke (it was a non-smoking room, too) smell.

The carpet was piled with dirt and grime. The walls were gross, and then bathroom was hideous (see picture of floor.) There was hair in the tub, the shower curtain smelled like laundry that has been left in the washing machine for days.

Our kids - who are avid swimmers - refused to go into the pool after seeing how dirty it was. I required them to wear socks or shoes at all times in our room.

I checked for bed bugs, but didn't find any, so I guess that's a plus.

We skipped the continental breakfast after seeing how stale and gross the muffins appeared (that, and some oj in a pitcher, was all that was offered.)

Two nights before, we had stayed at a 3 star hotel for $10.00 LESS because of a bid on Priceline. I highly recommend you do something similar before you settle on this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family