“Great room but does not include breakfast”

Red Lion Hotel Eureka
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed with my boyfriend for three nights and fully enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and the front desk staff was on top of it. Even the small restaurant had a great happy hour. The only down side was that we expected a hot breakfast in the mornings. If you wanted breakfast it was an additional $7.95 per person. While this is reasonable for the area, we were under the assumption that breakfast was included in the price. I would stay there again though.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Bradford L, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Eureka, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hi Kristina T,

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. I am sorry for any confusion regarding breakfast. We are working on improving this offering and making the availability more consistent, so stay tuned! Again, thank you for your business. We look forward to serving you again.

There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Eureka

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here several nights for a meeting, it is an a older hotel but very decent for the area. Check in was easy but some rooms weren't ready because of housekeeping staff shortages. Our room was on the 3rd floor, mid way down hall away from elevator, overlooking the parking lot. I thought we would have noise issues from traffic and the parking lot, but we really didn't. Rooms were larger, bed was actually very comfortable, towels were good quality, housekeeping was good and plenty of coffee in the room. There is a gas station next door, which was very convenient, plus a Sizzler and Omelette House across the street. The hotel is not in a fancy area of Eureka and is about a one mile walk to historic downtown district (go see the Victorian Ingomar House, it's awesome). Hotel morning breakfast is not bad for $8 apiece, standard buffet fare but nicely supplied. The bar which also doubles as the dining room, opens at 5pm, otherwise you have to grab sodas at the front desk market (microwave and refrigerators on the rooms which is nice). Overall good stay here and would return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TaylorRose
Bradford L, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Eureka, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Hi TaylorRose,

Thank you for writing your informative review. We are working hard to make sure the housekeeping shortages have no effect on check-ins. Outside of that issue, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and were able to visit some of the beautiful attractions in our city. Thank you for staying with us, have a great summer!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Carpets were nasty, furniture was stained, restaurant had sticky chairs and tables. We were considering exploring the area but decided to move on since we couldn't think about staying one more night. Parking was free, staff were friendly, food was okay. Nothing great, but for one night, it didn't make my skin crawl.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Vh20142014
Bradford L, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Eureka, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Vh20142014,

Thank you for writing a review. I wish we could have created a better experience for you so that staying a second night would've been more appealing. I apologize for the issues. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trips and hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

After not finding a check in time online we arrived at 1330 only to be told check in time is at 1500 come back then. Very classy. Coming back at 1500 there was a line of people waiting for there rooms. Once I was up they went on to tell me this was an unusual situation as 4 housekeepers have called off. My opinion was lier! There are dozens of reviews describing the same. The girl at the desk told me our room was just cleaned and is ready. We got to our room only to find sand and hair all over both beds with sheets not even tightened! Cereal and crumbs over the floor and poop stains in the toilet! Really?! I called the front desk and let them know. Annoyed they told me someone will be coming and changing the sheets. Came back at night only to find the stains still in the toilet. I do not recommend this place since they don't give one bit about their customers and give lame apologies here on Tripadvisor. If the manager ever wants me to return to anyone of their hotels he better come up with something to convince me!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin R
Bradford L, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Eureka, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Hello Kevin R,

We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. There is no reason, nor is it acceptable, to be checked into a room that was not properly cleaned. While the issue with the housekeeping department being short of staff was unfortunate, we should not have allowed that to interfere with you and your family having the comfortable stay that you deserved. This is definitely the type of experience we want our guest to have and I apologize that I was not on hand to speak to you during your stay. I take all of our reviews seriously and have been working diligently to improve our hotel. I would like to further discuss this situation with you and do hope that you will contact me directly.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Family friendly, clean and great beds. Given a 3 because breakfast was not included for the price. I would recommend this hotel the staff was nice and it was quiet. There was a swimming pool and it was close to downtown and the waterfront. We had a good stay.

Stayed: August 2014

Hello Wendy L,

I am happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your business and the review. I hope we can serve you again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've stay here several times on business the past few years. Rooms are always clean, the staff is always friendly, the breakfast buffet is always good. It's typically an inconvenient walk from the front desk, and if you're far away, you also typically have to haul your luggage up a half flight of stairs. And it looks tired. I've tried a couple of other hotels, and have regretted it, so unless something new opens up (unlikely), I'll probably keep coming back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Bradford L, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Eureka, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Greetings Scott95401,

Thank you for your review. We would love to improve upon your experience and win your loyalty! Please let our front desk staff know you would like to be closer to the front desk and we will gladly accommodate you as best we can. We are very grateful for your business and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel restaurant does not have pool tables or the dining area betrayed online. Restaurant appears to be 1/3 of the size betrayed online. Restaurant staff was short in temper, and cook could not properly prepare a medium rare ribeye. Very dissatisfied, will not ever return for this bad experience.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Hello Alice S,

Thank you for taking time to write a review. I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced when you stayed with us. I will perform an online audit to be sure that the pictures and descriptions are accurate. If at all possible we would like to serve you again and improve upon your last experience. Have a great day!