“Clean and safe (it's worth the extra cost)”

Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Merced, CA
“Clean and safe (it's worth the extra cost)”
Reviewed 5 May 2011

This is the first hotel that has ever charged me an additional fee for having a 14 year old in the room (the internet reservation would only allow us two adults and two kids but I always tell them how many are really in our family). After driving by the hotels in the downtown area, I was fine with the extra fee just to stay somewhere that looked safe and was not dilapidated (or by the county jail!). The rooms were clean, the clerk brought us extra bedding and towels without me even asking. They give you a ticket for breakfast that gives the number in your party and you have to turn it in as the desk before entering the breakfast room. The breakfast room was large but the breakfast was no different than all the other hotels we stayed in. Indoor/outdoor pool was a nice touch.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Oak Park, California
Reviewed 26 April 2011

This place was great, large, comfortable room, clean in and out, and friendly staff. Breakfast available early (6 AM), even the coffee was good.

Stayed April 2011
Seattle
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Great place to stay - expensive but you don't have many options. Don't stay downtown unless you have nothing valuable to loose. We stayed downtown first night. Meth heaven! This town is not good for kids - drugs everywhere. Yes we were robbed and advised by our first hotel staff of the homeless and theft problem. This place is a few minutes south of town. If I went back I would stay here again just not by the pool.

Sedro Woolley, Washington
Reviewed 10 April 2011

So ... I must say at first - that when I arrived I was quite cranky. And I did not like Eureka at ALL!!! I got this very odd feeling about the place. It isn't until now when I am safe at home that I discover it is the drug capital of the US'... But anyway, I shouldn't let that affect my impression of this hotel. I must say I was a little worried when I saw that I had a room of partiers next to me on one side, and a guy with a dog on the other.... I have to say... I didn't hear a thing. The room was HUGE! And the bed was sooooooo sooooo comfortable. I very much liked the accomadations.... The parking lot was a little small.... but other than that. I had a nice time. The hotel made it worth it. I will not be staying in Eureka again.... just because of the vibes I got from the town...... but I would definitely stay in one of these hotels again.... and may just brave Eureka again to sleep in that comfy bed!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Great Room!!!. Stayed in the suite, separate bedroom with queen and then 2 add'l queens.. . I found it on my smart phone $132.00/night when i got there they said it was $165/night when i had mentioned the internet price they honored it without question..
The room was clean and the staff extremely sweet.. Our teenage boys thought they were sleeping "On clouds" and continued to talk about "the Clouds" the rest of the trip..
The mall is right next door...

Room Tip: check the internet before check in..
Reviewed 6 April 2011

After being on vacation for two weeks, this place was a nice surprise. Very nice rooms, updated, pillow top beds, great continental breakfast and clean. I cant say enough about it. Real comforters on the beds instead of a sheet type item most hotels put on there. Breakfast was a full spread, hot and clean. Will definately be back.

• Stayed April 2011
Oakley, California
Reviewed 5 April 2011

We stayed in a jacuzzi suite and it was awesome! I didn't want to leave. Gorgeous rooms. Gorgeous gardens and koi pond. Wonderful breakfast. The fastest easiest check in ever. Great staff! I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple