“Great for a traveling family...”

Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Cloquet, Minnesota
“Great for a traveling family...”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

When you travel with family, you look for space and affordability--we got both. Yes, the carpets are older, and the whole motel has a "traveled in--lived in feel", but it was worth the money to get a 2 bedroom suite with 3 beds for a couple of nights while we explored Northern California. There is a pool, half inside, half outside which was quiet one night(we were the only one's there) and maxed out the second. Our room needed the windows opened for a while...but what can you do. I did notice that there seems to be a 'secret" garden in the middle of the complex. I tried to get into the door leading to the courtyard with my key, and it wouldn't open. I wanted to take some photos of the kids by the Fish pond. A maid was cleaning a room next door and offered to let us in, but had to check with her manager to see if it was ok...it was, but only if we were very quiet. We were, and appreciated the entrance. I think they reserve that area for people to just relax, i.e-no kids. So all in all, I guess it;s half and half. Beds were comfortable, and the breakfast adequate. We used the laundry facilities--very new washer and dryer.

Room Tip: I liked having a room on the bottom floor--carrying our luggage was much more manageable the 50 feet...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn, responded to this review, 13 July 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Roswell, New Mexico
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The rooms were clean, the sheets white, the water hot and overall this was a nice hotel to stay in. It is directly across the street from a McDonalds and the local mall if you want good coffee in the morning. The room was quiet and we were comfortable.

The down side was the breakfast. Now, for most people the breakfast would be fine. Boiled eggs, boxed cereal, five coffee's, waffles, sausage, ham and cheese croissants, buiscuts and gravy, two juices and I am sure I am missing something. We would have liked to see some yogurt and maybe some seasonal fruit or even those little egg pattie things...

At the desk, Jonathan was very helpful. I made my reservation over the phone as I had a $50 certificate from BW. He was able to match the internet price and tell me how to use the certificate when I checked in. The girl who actually checked us in, she was yawning and just a little too ditzy for my taste. June 17, 2012.

Room Tip: This is a large hotel and there is an elevator to make getting from ground to upper floors easy. Th...
1 Thank TravellingAZTeacher
Victoria
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stayed here on our way to San Francisco as we wanted to drive Avenue of the Giants the next day. Check in staff were friendly and efficient. We had our son and his friend with us so had booked a family suite. Somehow they only had the booking for 2 adults. Not sure how that happened. I was told at check in that there should be an additional charge for the 2 extra people but we would not be charged. The hotel was clean and quiet.

Breakfast is included, but it was really limited and not very good at all. Dreadful chili rellenos, salty scrambled eggs, and ham that was so overdone it could barely be cut with a knife. White bread cinnamon toast. No fruit except a few orange slices.

We drove into town the next morning to see the old town in Eureka. It is a bit sad really. There is one street with old buildings that looked kind of interesting, but there are a lot of street people and the town looks very sad and tired.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your stay with us here at Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn. We appreciate you taking the time to rate us. I am sorry to hear that our breakfast did not hold up to your standard. It is our goal here to provide outstanding service and satisfaction to our guests. If there was something in particular that you would like to see changed in the breakfast or some thing that was not of high quality, would be specific so we can look into it and correct it.
We hope that you will stay with us again in the furture if you visit this area again.
Yorkshire, England
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Travelled here from Los Altos (about 4 hours) and we were not let down. We snaked through the edges of Redwood country and had booked a room here. We went to check in and the lobby smelt great, they had fresh cookies, which after a long drive were really welcome. The check in girls were lovely and very efficient, they gave us a small map to the room. We had booked a spa room and wondered what it would be like....
Opening the door we wondered, and wow. The bed was massive and surrounded by curtains, it had a pillow top mattress and was so comfy. Across from the bed was a spa/jacuzzi tub with robes, towels and an ice bucket. It was just fantastic. We moved the TV round to watch from the warmth of the tub!
There was a small kitchenette area, which was well equipped but we didn't use. The actual bathroom and shower were clean and warm too.
Breakfast was complimentary and lovely, waffles anyone? You could make them yourself with the batter and waffle maker which was novel for me and my hubby.
Check a breeze, a different set of girls but again great. Goung back to Los Altos we drove through Avenue of the Giants which was fantastic, thats another story though!!

Room Tip: Get a spa room!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NicR4
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I come to Eureka for work and have always stayed at the Red Lion. This time I branched out based on reviews written here and I have to say this hotel is MILES above the rest. It is spotless and quiet. The grounds are in excellent shape and there are both indoor and outdoor pools and fitness centers (plural). If you think The Red Lion is the only thing out there, think again! The downside is its location and it is somewhat pricey.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank levofed
Pacifica, California
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I'm well familiar with best western hotels and there are 2 in Eureka and by far this one the the better of the two. Indoor pool, pool table, BBQ. The stay are simply great! as is the customer service. I will stay here each time to go back to Eureka.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mdhutch52
Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

Booked room via BW international site and my federal discount was not applied properly, costing me an extra $20 per night. When I asked the general manager about it, she made it sound like I am the one that made the mistake by booking online. She then went on to explain that there was nothing that she could do because of how the room was reserved. Poor service, indeed. From the general manager, Emily Manfredonia, no less. Room was situated on the first floor and every morning between 0700 & 0900, all I could hear was the sound of people talking and dragging their luggage around outside. I was hoping for a relaxing spot just off the beach, but behind the hotel is a dirty, bum-infested shoreline. The rooms are very clean and the breakfast is adequate, but after this experience I will not stay at any BW again

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank bulldogdaddy
emilymbayshore, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Thank you for taking your time to let me know how your stay was at our Inn.
I do apologize that I was unable to reduce your rate that you booked online. The government rate is for a single corperate traveler and does not include additional family members. I apologize for any early morning noise from our housekeeping staff we start at eight am so we don't disturb our guests to early, but we do apologize for any noise you may have heard. If you have any other concerns please don't hesitate contacting me at 707.268.8005.

Emily Manfredonia GM