Sadly, there are no Marriott or Hilton brand hotels in Eureka. That leaves you with Choice Hotel brands which tend to be lower end. Now, I have stayed at Quality Inns and found them suitable. Not great, but suitable. So, when my wife and I flew to Eureka to help step mother pack and move to Kansas, I used my pile of Choice Hotel points to offset the cost. I picked the Clarion since it is at the top of the Choice Hotel stable of offerings. My thoughts:
1. Lobby was fine. In fact it was very nice. Employees were very nice and helpful
2. The place is right on the very noisy 101 and getting in and out of the smallish parking lot was a challenge
3. Many/most of the rooms have doors that open to the outside.
4. The building exterior was dirty. There appeared to have a pile of old cigarette butts dumped on the icky exterior carpet and they stayed there most of the week. The extort carpeting was disgusting.
5. The rooms are extremely worn and dated. Carpeting was dirty and smelly. Our room smelled like someone had relieved themselves on the carpet in the bathroom area.
6. The room was marginally OK if you didn't spend much time in it.
7. Tiny refrigator
8. Breakfast was OK and typical of Choice Hotel offerings
Basically, the place is really, really dated and in great need of update and deep cleaning. We were there at the start of the school year and was packed. I would commend staying somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a smaller Clarion Hotel on the North Coast of California. We have a warm friendly staff with a very homey atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Clarion Hotel By Humboldt Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Eureka Hotel Eureka
- Eureka Clarion