“Very nice, reasonably priced”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The Rodeway Inn in Eureka, CA is a very nice, reasonably priced hotel in downtown Eureka. The room was large and comfortable, and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank weatherman19

Reviewed 1 June 2011

We stayed here one night on our way along the coastline. We arrived very late and the gentleman working that evening was friendly and inviting. We paid $179 for the night for a 2 room space with a roll away bed.

Our room was actually a double room of sorts....a main room with 2 beds and a separate room behind the main room with 1 bed. Both rooms had televisions and bathrooms. The beds were comfortable, the rooms fairly quiet, although we could hear the street noise and people talking outside from the back bedroom, the showers were clean and working well. Our 3 boys don't like to share a bed so we asked for a roll away. It cost $20 per night, which seems a bit on the over-priced side but when you're tired, you don't care. We just wanted everyone to sleep well, which they did.

Continental breakfast was simple and straightforward, enough to get you going for the day.

Overall, it was clean and comfortable. Maybe not the best value around, but it worked for our needs and was available at the last minute.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I stayed at this hotel during a trip to help my brother in law move. I liked that the price was reasonable (that's what coughed my eye) and the complementary breakfast. The rooms are a nice size and I liked that it had a fridge and mini freezer in the room. When we asked the gentleman at the front desk where a good store to pick up moving moving supplies would be he offered some old newspapers he had.This helped a great deal because after that I did not need to pick up supplies to wrap the dishes in.I would definitely stay at this hotel again because of how clean the rooms are and the great staff! Thank you for such a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2011

In booking for the 2011 Humboldt State University Graduation, I found that I started looking too late and most of the hotels were booked. I was reluctant to book at the Rodeway Inn as it is a motel (in my opinion), but it was the only place available that was close to the school. To my surprise, the inn was actually very nice. The customer service was EXCELLENT & VERY HELPFUL! The rooms were nice & clean. I was worried that being so close to the highway was going to be a problem, but it wasn't. Once in your room, you couldn't hear the traffic at all.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2011

My wife and i stayed 1 night while touring. pleasantly suprised. Bargain place run by the owner who was very pleasant and helpful. Paid a lot more for similar quality. Highly recommend

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2011

If you want to feel like a sardine, this is it! Something toxic here making me dizzy. Beds were like rocks. Owner was flippant and rude. I also got a door ding because their parking is as small as their rooms. Was supposedly well rated, makes me wonder who they paid off

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2011

This is my third week in Eureka (here for a job transfer), and this is the second hotel I have stayed in while here. By far, this is THE BEST place for the price! CLEAN, COMFORTABLE rooms, and the fee local newspaper and continental breakfast helps to save me money as well. Quiet, clean rooms and a safe area have made this stay here in Eureka a pleasure this week, not like the past two at that other hotel.... The hotel person when I arrived (he is from from Lincoln, CA) went above and beyond to accommodate my requests, and overall big and clean rooms, have made this week of my stay in Eureka special. I wish I had stayed here when I first came rather than that other motel, but now I know, and I hope this will save other travelers the trouble and bad experience of staying in an uncomfortable location/hotel while in Eureka. If you ever have to stay in Eureka, and you are on a budget, STAY HERE!! YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY YOU DID!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business