“One of the best meals I've had”
Review of Dining Divas La Boheme - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Saccramento, CA
“One of the best meals I've had”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We eat out a lot--most of the time the food is average to below average. We hadn't been to this restaurant in years--don't remember why because the food was always good. Last evening I had one of the best meals I've had in years. I ordered the beef in cabernet sauce and received two filets in a delicious wine, mushroom sauce. Just the right accompaniment of roasted potato and green beans and baby carrots. My dining partner had the pork tenderloin which he also described as delicious. The service was outstanding with our tuxedoed waiter paying close attention but not "hovering". The menu is diversified and includes elk, venison, & rabbit, one of the few restaurants in the Sacramento area to do so. This is an older restaurant which has been at the same location for a long time--thirty years? It has an elegant feel without being "stuffy".

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank itchyfeet95630

Northern California
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 3 November 2008

Firstly this was many years ago - but as you can guess we never went back:

My wife and I took my elderly parents there for dinner. We had a reservation and arrived on time but we had to wait at the front desk for about 15 minutes "to be seated" even though it was nowhere near full. Then a couple came in and were immediately greeted with warmth and shown directly to their table before we were. I looked to see if he was the Governor (no) or she was the mayor (no) - not that that would have made me any happier.

I admit we were very casually dressed compared to the other diners - perhaps that made us invisible. We were seated at a table where my parents were a bit cold so I asked the waiter if he could find my parents' coats. We ordered our meals and waited .. and waited ... eventually I went to get the coats myself ... and we waited ... while everyone else seemed to be served except us. I tried to catch the waiter's eye as he passed within 1 foot of me every few minutes but he stared right through me. In the end I grabbed him by his arm and asked if we could get served.

The food was good (but too rich for me) and not much choice for my wife (a vegetarain). Then the loooooong wait for the bill Overpriced too in my opinion).

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“NICE VERY EXCLUSIVE!!!”
Reviewed 17 September 2008

NICE VERY EXCLUSIVE!!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Volcano, California
“I'll be back!”
Reviewed 20 August 2008

I have no idea why an earlier reviewer wrote “homey, nice wait staff” or what that means. My companions and I found it to be an outstanding restaurant, with a decor best described as understated elegance. The waiters are in tuxes and are very attentive and helpful. Best of all, the food is very good. My elk was perfectly prepared, as was one companion's buffalo and another's salmon. The wine list is adequate, the desserts are terrific (and I don't normally eat dessert) and they have a full bar.

It is the best place in town - I'll be back!

1 Thank rwwaugh