“Roadhouse Updated”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Porteous Avenue
Transit: Golden Gate Transit's Fairfax Station is 1/2 mile from Deer Park Villa.
Fairfax, California
“Roadhouse Updated”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Many people pass this place on their way up Bolinas just outside of the downtown. It is set in a grove of redwoods the family planted years ago. Yes you will see deer in the parking lot. There is a terrific outdoor area for weddings and such. Inside, you can sit in or at the bar, especially during the happy hours (very good prices for quality). For holiday seating, best to reserve for an early seating, can get crowded. Usually, buffet style for such events. Service can be a little uneven depending. Very enjoyable date with spouse during happy hours. Food is primarily beef with all the trimmings, and in season fish. Cannot believe the quality.

• Visited May 2014

California
“Family Friendly Happiest Hour and Music”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I met up with a bunch of old friends who I haven’t seen much in the past 25-30 years to enjoy our classmate’s music. It had been many years since I was at the Villa and I was impressed how they’ve kept the classic nostalgic feel under the redwoods, but recreated the menu. We enjoyed the juicy burger, linguini vongole and a classic martini. The atmosphere was highlighted with wonderful local talents, Bonnie Hayes, Eric Jorgenson, Matt Kyne and a few others who serenaded us with music. Not only was it good to see old friends, but it was comforting to be in our familiar Deer Park Villa. I highly recommend it for family and friends gathering, but also for a romantic meal.

• Visited June 2013
Napa, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful restaurant with outdoor patio.under the majestic redwoods.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Amazing! I have been to both brunches, Easter and Mothers day. They graciously accommodated me and greeted me with a mimosa. The setting of this 92 year old legacy is breathtaking. Service was warm and very hospitable. Food was delicious!

• Visited May 2014
RPV, California
“Been Waiting To Try and Worth It”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We finally made it with relatives. Although we arrived just about end-of-service time, we were nicely accommodated. When asked, the waiter "approved" the wine I asked about and was very right! I had the veal cutlet parmesan and was oh-so-pleasantly surprised! Most I've had were very heavy on the sauce. Not this one! A nice touch with the prosciutto too. Everyone had a great meal. We can't wait to make it back earlier in the evening to sit outside and enjoy the woods, music, and atmosphere. We're just lucky that the relatives live within walking distance! :)

• Visited April 2014
Kuau
“NEVER AGAIN.”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

This place has a killer setting outside deck dining very nice but that's all.
Service here is terrible ordered drinks and appetizer Drink's came 20 minutes after the food. Drinks then food that's a standard dining. Canceled our dinner order as we noticed that every table around us had been waiting a very long time and were already pissed. Don't need that cook making my food. I've eaten here before and the service was bad then and has gotten worse.
If the owner has good managers and service staff then this place will do very well. I won't be back til things are turned around. GOOD LUCK DEER PARK VILLA

2 Thank CharlieSUP