“A Nice Economical Place to Stay”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This lodging facility more than met my basic needs. Not only did they offer a military discount, but the staff was polite and professional. We stayed in room 107, which is right next a very nice clean swimming pool. The room itself was clean, neat, and had the basic desk, small table and a couple chairs. Additionally, the lighting within our room was just right. They also had a small refrigerator (which I really didn't use) but it was available nonetheless. This room had a queen size bed (but I believe that was they only size bed they offer. It's my understanding that they offer rooms with one or two Queen sized beds and nothing more than that. So if you're looking for a King size bed, this place is not for you. Speaking of the bed, it was very comfortable with no complaints. The AC worked well and was relatively quiet. The bathroom was very clean and everything worked well. No problems with shower or toilet drainage.

All in all, it was a good experience for $63.00 bucks per night (with military discount). Oh, one last comment, this is a pet friendly motel. Our little doggie did just fine here.

A great value all in all. I will lodge here again some day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Henry S

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

Had a fairly disappointing stay. The hotel is on the cheaper side, but for $70 a day id expect a lot more.

Staff are pretty unfriendly and unhelpful. The continental breakfast is a joke - some undrinkable coffee, some cheap orange juice and pre wrapped pastries. Had to go to the supermarket to buy some food for breakfast. The rooms are quite noisy and very bright.

Positives: pretty decent location off I-80. TV, refrigerator and microwaves in the room.

Will probably not stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013
ABVI-Fairfield, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable as you would have liked it to be. I do apologize if you felt that the front desk was rude. I assure you that the front desk will be coached on their behavior. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

...but not a great one, either. However, for the price I couldn't beat it and you might not beat the price, either. Situated just in Fairfield, but closer to Vacaville. Was greeted on check-in by a young lady who made me feel like I was interrupting something. The room was clean when I got into it; the magnetic key had to be re-run as I made the mistake of putting it in my empty pocket. Everything seemed in order save the sink-it was running so slow it might as well not been draining at all. (I mentioned that on checkout; they said they'd fix it.) The most important thing in a room is the bed; the mattress was firm-and the sheets were clean, if a little rough. (I developed a sheet burn on my elbow as a result.) For a night or a weekend, though, it's not a bad place for a single person or couple using it as a place to sleep while checking out the area. I was happy enough with my stay, and would come back to it again.

Room Tip: Top floor facing pool is less likely to have noise from restaurant next door.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Drmgc
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed at this motel on Sept 15, 2012. Clearly, this is a budget hotel and was just what we were looking for. Our room was very clean. Our queen size be was comfortable. The AC and the shower worked well. What more can you ask for? When staying in non chain or budget hotels we always ask to see the room before we commit. The first room Mr. Patel showed us reaked of cigarette smoke despite the fact that it was designated "Non Smoking". (This is not the proprietor's fault.) The next room Mr. Patel showed us was perfectly adequate and the price was very reasonable. We requested additional pillows which were provided. We requested a wake-up call which was delivered.

Incidiently, we did not use the pool but it was very clean and the pool chairs were average.

This property is adjacent to the Texas Roadhouse restaurant. We filled up on beer and free peanuts thus saving the cost of dinner.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarSea-II
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stay here for a week and had a very good stay. Rooms were clean. The beds were very firm! But if you are allergic to bees, do not go to the Third floor by the elevator! It is in a safe area. Even though it is close to I-80, the rooms are very quiet and we didn't hear the traffic. Texas Roadhouse is right next door.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Janice G
A TripAdvisor Member
West Hills, CA
Reviewed 27 June 2012

THe hotel was a good value for the money, It's nice appearance on the outside was very nice and location was very nice and convenient.

Requiring me to use 100 words almost caused me to take back my review. Please don't require this if you are asking people to do this with their free time. I want to be helpful don't make this an assignment..

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for taking out time from your busy day to review us. We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay. We welcome and appreciate any compliment or complaint as it helps us serve you and our future customers better. Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to be your host the next time you are in Fairfield, CA. Thank you.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We were visiting a military family in town and needed a place to stay nearby. We arrived late around 1am had a quick check in and was a little nervous that the customers of the hotel might be a little scary. The room was clean, needed more pillows but was exactly what we needed. The next day we got locked out, The keys demagnetize its self if it touches a credit card, car keys, cell phone, really anything. The front desk was nice every time we had to get a new key. In the day time we looked around the hotel and realized its in a pretty good part of town and one of the customers even had a Harley not locked up in the back of his truck. We stayed 3 nights and it was quiet and safe. The pool was dirty with leaves but they just needed a skimmer to clean it out. There was also a giant bee hive by the elevator on the 3rd floor so we just took the stairs opposite. They should really get rid of that because a lot of people are allergic to bees or just plain scared of them. My husband said if they were africanized he would have already been dead. I felt this hotel was a great value and would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kendrac21
ABVI-Fairfield, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you for taking out time from your busy day to review us. We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Due to high winds and trees surrounding the property, we try and keep up with cleaning the pool and hot tub several times a day. We have a beekeeper taking care of removing the bees and the hive.
We welcome and appreciate any compliment or complaint as it helps us serve our future customers better. Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to be your host the next time you are in Fairfield, CA. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Motel 6 Fairfield/Napa Valley CA
#11 of 15 in Vacaville
Comfort Inn Cordelia
Comfort Inn Cordelia
#8 of 17 in Fairfield
Quality Inn & Suites Vacaville
Hilton Garden Inn Fairfield
Extended Stay America - Fairfield - Napa Valley

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!