“Just like home only better.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Scranton, Iowa
“Just like home only better.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

This motel was the next best thing to being at home....No actually better! I didn't have to clean to have a clean room. And I didn't have to cook breakfast. AND I had an amazing view every time I walked outside and got to see the mountains in the not so far distance.

My husband was working in the area and I flew out to join him and turned it into a little "second honeymoon." We had privacy when we wanted it, but when we did need assistance there was always someone readily available. The staff was friendly and helpful.

We enjoyed the outdoor spa and pool (IN JANUARY!) I don't think the spa had been used in a while because it was a bit gritty the first time we used it, and it left a yucky ring around our bodies. But the second time we used it, it had filtered out and had none of the previous grittiness or "scum". But what can you expect from an outdoor spa that most likely hadn't been used for a while?

I apologize for no pictures of the room, but this was a second honeymoon after all.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room just down the short hall from the lobby. It was quiet and private.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

A nice little hotel for those who want to stay in the Napa area but did not want to pay a lot. We asked for a room with two beds, and we got exactly that. The complimentary breakfast was a nice touch, even if it was not a gourmet meal. Staff was polite and helpful. Overall, I would totally stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank dontbullyme
Minden, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I would like to commend this hotel for being reliable and honest. Nowadays, it's hard to find an honest person, let alone an honest stranger. We accidentally left my niece's laptop in our room after staying there for 3 nights. Two or 3 days later, we realized that we left it at the hotel. We immediately called the hotel and expected them to say that it wasn't there. To our surprise, they had said they have it and will send it to us. I told them I will call them again once I have arranged the shipping. Got so busy the following day that I didn't get to call UPS to pick it up and UPS charges me 7 bucks just for the pick up.That day, the manager , Bob West, called me personally to let me know that they still have the laptop and they were waiting for me to call them again so they can send it out. He even said he can drop it off at the UPS store so we won't have to be charged for it! I am super thankful for all the staff especially the housekeeping department and the general manager for being exceptionally honest. Thank you,thank you.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank shasha m
Powell, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Lobby is just okay and the breakfast area looked just okay. When we got our room we parked out back and were a bit concerned about the safety of our cars contents. Long road trip so we really couldn't unload it all. Then when you enter the hotel the hall carpet was filthy, greasy black, and worn. Thought we might be in for a real let down. Surprise the room was not bad. Had a very large room and it was maintained quite well. Breakfast was just okay and the area feels small and sort of dingy. The morning check out was easy and the hotel service rep very pleasent.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

The hotel is very comfortable and although the rooms may need updating a bit but they are very, very comfortable. I have always stayed in the "accessible" room and I feel very comfortable entering the tub because of the number of grab bars. I would suggest they upgrade their toilet to the taller "accessible" toilet but that would be my only concern about the room. The staff is super, absolutely super.....from Alison at the front desk, to the lady who keeps the breakfast area well stocked and clean and to the ladies who clean the rooms every day. Very friendly staff who are very concerned about your well being while staying with them. There was one very small maintenance issue which was handled within an hour at the most. Unlike the other hotels in that area, the Quality Inn has interior corridors which is important to me because I am a female traveling alone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Newark, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed here the night before the Solano Walk to End Alzheimer's Oct. 26. The hotel and rooms were well appointed and the staff generally helpful. We appreciated the oatmeal and coffee that was available 24 hrs a day. We left for the Walk before breakfast was served, so we were happy to have the oatmeal. The only negative part was making the reservation. I had been online and saw a $89 room available. I called the hotel to see if I could do any better and the best they could do was $109. He said he had no rooms at $89 and I would have to book the $89 room online. That didn't make sense to me. He should have taken care of it! I went online and booked the room for $89. We enjoyed the overnight stay, though.

1 Thank Steve P
Castaic, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

This Quality Inn is located near the I-80 freeway, but set well enough back to evade the freeway noise. Parking was easy. The young man behind the check-in counter needs a little more experience in dealing with the public. He walked right by us and did not even bother to say "Excuse me, I'll be with you in a second." Once we did check in we really enjoyed our stay. The room was large and clean. Noise level was very quiet. The breakfast was yummy. They could upgrade to flat screen T.V.s and could use larger pillows. Our check-out gal was just the opposite of the check-in guy. She was polite and professional.