“Comfort + convenience”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Miami
“Comfort + convenience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

The check in experience was above average. My requested room was ready with a view of the lovely swimming pool. The room was nicely furnished and the bed was comfy. The location is convenient to shopping, dining, and I-80. The lobby is large and open with nice lighting. The evening bar staff was friendly and accommodating. This seemed to be a larger than normal HGI so lots of hub bub in the lobby. The entire staff was friendly and helpful.

On the down side, the bathroom lighting is awful for shaving or make-up application. The top drawer in the dresser would not stay closed and hung out about a foot and was a constant bruising hazard. Shower caps were not included in the room amenities, I had to go to the front desk with my request. Although housekeeping appeared good on the surface, the carpets were so filthy I had to dispose of my slippers when I left.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Joshua M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Fairfield, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thanks so much for taking time to review our hotel. I'm delighted to hear that you found our convenient location to be of great benefit during your stay and that you found your room to be quite comfortable. I have taken the down-sides you mentioned to maintenance and housekeeping and sincerely apologize for those deficiencies, however we do appreciate your review as it helps us improve our hotel for all future stays. Please contact me directly upon an upcoming stay and I will ensure that those same issues will not be present next time.

Joshua M. Moore, Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I highly recommend this hotel. Facilities and staff were amazing. Hotel breakfast was excellent and wait staff very attentive. Rooms were clean as was bath. We will make this a regular stop on our way south from now on!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Joshua M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Fairfield, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
I'm absolutely elated to read that you had such a fantastic stay. We look forward for your next trip down from Oregon. Thank you again for your business and your kind words. =)

Davis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great staff.Quality of food marginal.will return again but make better food choices.The staff makes you feel like a regular guest and offered water,cookies and a newspaper.Well rested and ready for work in the morning.Good products in the washroom.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Joseph, I wanted to thank you for the kind words regarding our staff and I'm happy that your stay at our hotel was comfortable. I want to make absolutely good on what you deemed to be a mediocre or marginal experience in our restaurant by offering you a complimentary entrée the next time you're staying with us. Please contact me directly at the hotel and I'll personally set this up for you, so you're able to try something new on me. =)

Bay Area, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I recently stayed here a single night during my son's hockey tournament. The team received a great deal on a group rate, and I had four kids in the room with me.

Every single employee at this place was friendly, professional and courteous to a fault, including the woman at the front desk (who was there when we checked in and also in the morning), two different men stocking towels by the pool, the pool maintenance guy, and both bartenders. Housekeeping was friendly.

When traveling with lots of kids, I've come to expect to be kind of blown off by lots of establishments, especially when I'm only reserving one room. Not here. Every request was met quickly and with warm professionalism.

The pool and hot tub were very nice and large sized. In the morning there was in issue with hot tub temperature and the woman at the front desk called maintenance to have it resolved immediately.

The room was clean and well stocked with towels, soap, the usual. Coffee and tea, and a mini-fridge so we could thankfully store lots of our own food and not break the bank feeding two teens and two pre-teens.

Trader Joe's (and Raley's I was told) are very close, along with lots and lots of other stores, and a giant movie theater.

The only small down side was I could hear loud talking in the next room on Sunday morning, which thankfully did not last long.

Would def recommend to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: We liked being to look out over the pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
I'm overjoyed that you all had a great stay. Our staff is definitely one of our best assets and I'm glad that showed through. We were all hoping the Blackhawks would do well in the hockey tournament and we look forward to the next time the team is in town!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

First time stay in this location. Will stay here again when in town. Bed were a little small but very comfortable. room was clean and the staff was helpful. Very close to many restaurant options , could walk to at least six places to eat.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm happy that you found our hotel an excellent option to use while you're in Fairfield. Please contact me as you embark on your next trip here and I will ensure your accommodations are even better next time. =)

Folsom, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

If you are staying in Fairfield, this is the place to stay. The room was very nice. The staff was above and beyond excellent!! They have a great happy hour deal in the bar. We ate dinner in their restaurant and the food and the service were both wonderful. The price is excellent. The hotel is located close to the freeway and near several well known restaurants and shops.
I was quite impressed and that's not always an easy thing to do :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I was thrilled to hear your review and I want to personally thank you for the kind words - they mean a lot to all of us. I'd like to note that in addition to our daily Happy Hour deals, that if you're ever in Fairfield mid-week, we also host a complimentary wine and cheese reception for hotel guests from 5:30-6:30pm in our restaurant. I highly recommend and I'd be honored if you were able to stop in sometime!

Palm Springs, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I liked having the Mall so close to the property. I had lost a couple things on my way in to the hotel and it was very nice to have so many convieniant places to shop nearby and restaurants to eat at. The staff here is all great. Highly recommend this property to travelers.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Scotty,
Thank you so much for the kind words about our staff and our location. We cherish our central location within the city and I'm super thrilled that our staff made a proper impression for you. The next time you're up from Palm Springs, please do stop in to say "Hello!" even if it's just in passing! I'm jealous of how close you reside to one of my favorite National Parks in the country: Joshua Tree. =)

Joshua M. Moore, Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Courtyard Fairfield Napa Valley Area
Staybridge Suites Fairfield Napa Valley Area
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fairfield - Napa Valley Area
Hampton Inn and Suites Suisun City Waterfront
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fairfield Napa Valley Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fairfield? Share your experiences!