“Fine for business”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fine for business”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed here for one night on a business trip, so I didn't take much time to see or use all of the amenities. I found the hotel itself to be clean and the lobby was nice. They have a breakfast buffet for $11.99, but I just walked across the parking lot to Panera (which ended up being about the same price). The hotel is close to a few other restaurants, including a Chick-Fil-A.

The room was large with a king bed, sitting area, and desk. Good touches: a Keurig and a small refrigerator. The bed wasn't anything amazing per previous reviews, but I slept okay. My room was over I-80, but I couldn't hear it with the windows closed.

For my purposes, it was a good stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Sacramento, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Very friendly staff, clean hotel, near to mall and restaurants. The pool is unlikely clean for swimming and the hot tub is still under renovation, but still very good place to stay with family. I will come back and book with this hotel every time we visit Vacaville.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Joshua M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Fairfield, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Mavis,

Thank you so much for thinking of us when you visit Solano County. The spa will be finished up shortly as we're undergoing a remodel to our facilities. I'm sorry that it wasn't quite done when you arrived but I look forward to hosting you in the future. Travel safe!
Manson, Washington
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Nice facility, well maintained and in a good location, save for the rooms facing the interstate. If you need to sleep during the day, get any room away from the interstate. Room rate is shockingly high, in my opinion, for a HGI. Especially when breakfast is not included. Breakfast is adequate with excellently cooked eggs to order but a very modest serving of other items. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Business center has the usual unusable computers for anything but very basic work (due to tight security on Hilton computers). Lots of places to eat and drink in the area. Adequate parking.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Pedasi, Panama
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel is Nice, clean, and big. Is well locastes too.The fronteira desliga Star are very attentive and sympathetic, especially Ms.Grace, very helful and kind.
The room is largue, very coleando and clear.
The breakfast was good.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I really wanted to give the Hilton Garden Inn a higher rating, but when the room smells like an overdose of geriatric perfume strong enough to cause a headache, the air condition is so loud that you can't sleep, and the option to turn it off and open the window is met with the freeway noise, I believe it is generous to give the hotel an average rating. Under normal circumstance we would have changed rooms, but by the time we settled in, it was nearly midnight, we were exhausted and this was just an overnight stay.

The other disappointing thing was that the bed that was suppose to be adjustable, so we were really looking forward to a decent night's rest. However, it did not matter which way we turned the dial, the firmness of the bed did not adjust at all. It was a miserable overnight stay, but it seems that it was a bad weekend for the Hilton in general. The restrooms on the main floor were closed due to flooding, and management redirected us to their guest room bathrooms close by the men's and ladies room. Well, the toilet in the temporary ladies restroom was not flushing and started backing up. Nothing like toilets backing up to put a downer on your hotel stay.

On the positive side, the Hilton has a welcoming entrance and the staff at the front desk, especially those two young ladies who stored our luggage, they were friendly and helpful. The location of this hotel is ideal because of it's close proximity to the I-80 and shopping. I would probably not stay here again, but look for other comparable options. Whenever I enter hotel room that is so heavily perfumed, I have to ask myself, what odors and filth are cleaning staff attempting to mask.

Room Tip: Find another hotel in this area. Make sure that your room does not face I-80. Check out the noise le...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Queen Creek, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located and easy to get where you need to go for business travelers. The restaurant is pretty good as well. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The hotel overall need renovation badly. The rooms are good but the common areas, especially the hallway carpeting, is very old and dirty and loose. Overall I would give my one day stay a "B".

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Boulder Creek, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The only thing that saves this hotel is its front desk staff. Hurray for Michael, Joe and Gracie. Food was marginal. The citrus water was a nice touch on a hot summer day. Great location near I-80 and close to shopping and eating venues. This place is frequented by military personnel due to its proximity to Travis Air Force Base (less than 5 miles). Housekeeping needs to take responsibility of its roles. We slept on a stained mattress, with ventilation malfunction in the room, and poor housekeeping service (kept dirty tray of food in the hallway for more than six hours). I would pick Best Western in the vincinty over this property.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Joshua M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Fairfield, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
I want to first take the time to thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. I have to admit that I'm a little surprised by the review(s) - not because I wasn't aware of some of the issues you faced early in your stay - but because I was under an impression that we had rectified those issues quickly and to your satisfaction with the new room, and comped breakfast for the stay. If I had known you were still disappointed in your lodging and our efforts, I would have moved mountains to ensure they were fixed as my one and only true priority as Director is simply to ensure guest satisfaction. I am truly sorry but ultimately I thank you for your words as it will help us improve for the next guest. I wish you the best and safest of travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Courtyard Fairfield Napa Valley Area
Staybridge Suites Fairfield Napa Valley Area
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fairfield - Napa Valley Area
Hampton Inn and Suites Suisun City Waterfront
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fairfield Napa Valley Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fairfield? Share your experiences!