“Beware of Highway Side of Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Fairfield
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed 13 March 2009

This is a really nice hotel..everything you would expect from a Hilton...However, the Hotel is situated adjacent to an extremely busy Interstate...If you plan on getting any sleep at night ensure that your room is not in the back side of the hotel... Terriblely Noisy.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank HopieRose

Reviewed 8 March 2009

This was a great experience. The hotel is excellently located right next to a huge mall and tons of restaurants. Accomodations were great with free high speed internet, an excellent restaurant and bar located within the hotel. The conference rooms were perfect for our event. Only complaint was a little highway noise at night and doors slamming in the morning. Service was excellent and it was a beautiful place to stay. I would definitely recommend it for folks.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2009

Hotel was nice, clean and pleasant my children loved the property. Had issue with CC processing after stay. When I called the hotel to clear things up talked to the Asst. GM Mohammad. I explained to him what was going on that the CC was charged but there was still a pending authorization in place on my card. Being in the hotel business I understand how things work in the processing stage and that things should have cleared off by now. He told me he was going to transfer me yet again to another extension. Then didn't answer the phone!!! completely disregarded my phone call and my issue. I left a voice mail stating I didn't appreciate being treated with such disregard to my problem. His response (once he called me back) was to tell me since I was a GM of a hotel Myself I should be more sensitive to him. When I told him that he shouldn't have treated my phone call that way he hung up on me. Being a GM I find his attitude toward his customers completely unacceptable. If this owner was smart he would find a new asst. GM quick before this guy answers another phone call or not answer the call I should say!!! This one man ruined my pleasant thoughts of this hotel and changed what would have been a good review to a bad one.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Shreves
Reviewed 13 October 2008

I give this an excellant because it was everything I expected for a 3 star and more. My price was fair and I recived free golf green fees that would cost me almost as much as the room so it was a great deal. Some reviews are based against a 4 or 5 star hotel and that isn't fair.

This is not a NAPA location. This is right off I-80 basically in Westerfield Mall. You don't go here for views. It is to stop along the way, a shopping trip, to stay after a day trip into Napa. We came from Tahoe for a Day Trip into Napa (19 miles to historical district in Napa or 27 miles to Yountville). We planned 1 day modest wine tasting with dinner and 1 day golf at Eagle Vines (12 miles from hotel).

I requested a room on the quiet side away from freeway (odd numbers) and arrived to recieve it (room 415) even though I did not have a promise. The rooms are well insulated and quiet so wasn't sure I would have even heard the freeway if on the opposite side. The front desk personnell were gracious, quick and smiling. The hotel and room were clean, clean, clean. The pillows were soft and comfortable. The bed was of 3 star level. A pad to soften it. The room was large. The architect however of the rooms made one flaw. The bathroom door opens to the entry door. If you have the bathroom door open and try to enter the room the doors collide. We learned to always keep the bathroom door closed. The thermostat was correct. Some may be bothered by the a/c noise coming on/off because the unit is one of those under the window but it doesn't bother me and was one of the quieter models for this type. I also prefer in room thermostat so I can set my rooms temperature.

There is a samll refrigerator and coffee maker in the room. The snack shop next to front desk is available all night. Grabbed a bottle of water and asked how much. The front desk told me to just take it no charge. There is a restaurant in the hotel however you don't need it. Many restaurant chains are located all around the hotel and Mall. We had breakfast out rather than the sunday $11.00 buffet at hotel but can tell you the buffett smelled really good.

Very clean, very comfortable, very nice reception, what more do you need

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tahoekat
Reviewed 9 February 2008

I stayed here a total of four nights, two nights in April 2007, prior to a month long journey to Aisa, and two more nights in May 2007, upon return from that Asian vacation. I had a very good stay both times. The rooms are big and confortable, as well as the big beds. The hotel is convient to everything, restaurants and a mall. I ate at the hotel restaurant, and the food was good. I use the hotels free(to guests) business center, the computer were modern and all work well. I am a Hilton Silver VIP Honors member, so, I stay at a lot of Hilton's world-wide, and this one is top rate. I am returning to Asia this month(Feb 2008) and I have already booked my room at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank Gone~Walkabout~Man
Reviewed 4 June 2007

Fairfield California is NOT in the Wine country, but the Napa Valley is a comfortable 40 minute drive assuming you're not traveling during the commute. During commute times figure on more like an hour+ to get from Napa proper to the hotel... bearing in mind that most of the good wineries are north of Napa an additional 20-30 minutes.
One more thing on location. If you are planning a vacation in Napa and are considering this hotel also consider flying in to Sacramento rather than than Oakland or SFO. It's an easy drive and the Sacramento airport is not a mad-house.

The hotel itself is a good representation of the Hilton Garden Inn brand. This is not the Hilton flagship brand but they are generally newer properties with some nice touches to distinguish themselves from the Holiday Inn's etc. of the world, and this property fits that mold.

The hotel is located across the street from a large mall with a decent movie theatre. Adjacent to the hotel are a nice Barnes & Noble bookstore and several chain restaurants such as: Mimi's Cafe, Red Lobster, Johnny Carino's, and one or two other lesser known chains. Fine dining in Fairfield is limited to the local Tastee Freeze (try their Tuesday Tacquito Twofer special) and a McDonald's with a two-lane drive thru. To be fair you can enjoy a nice meal in Fairfield so long as you buy it elsewhere and bring it back to your room. But, in all seriousness there aren't any truly outstanding restaurants in this town, so plan you're up-scale dining for Napa and San Fransicso. (SF is about an hour drive.)

The location is right on the freeway for easy access but I've never been bothered by the road noise and I've stayed at the property three times.

The rooms are unremarkable but have always been clean and the bed has always been comfortable. The air conditioner has also worked well and if you're traveling in the summer it can get extremely hot in Fairfield even though you are near (but not on) San Francisco Bay.

I found the wait staff to be pleasant and helpful.

All in all it's a good value for the money as long you are realisitc in your expectations.

• Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank djboise
Reviewed 9 December 2006

My husband booked a room at the hilton as a surprise for our wedding night. When we checked in the customer service was nothing to speak of and the room was not worth the money we paid. When we checked out the next morning, we expressed our disappointment with our stay and the response given was "we are sorry to hear that, have a nice day." In closing we will never stay at another Hilton and we spent the rest our our honeymoon at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Courtyard Fairfield Napa Valley Area
5 mi away
Staybridge Suites Fairfield Napa Valley Area
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fairfield Napa Valley Area
5 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fairfield - Napa Valley Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley
Hampton Inn and Suites Suisun City Waterfront

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fairfield? Share your experiences!