“Fairfields best kept secret.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Fairfield - Napa Valley

Extended Stay America - Fairfield - Napa Valley
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Fairfields best kept secret.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

This was a fantastic hotel for me. met all my needs and was nice and affordable. If you have been looking at these review like I had before I booked here you will have noticed a trend. Lots of poor reviews and then increasingly bad ones. This is a good place to stay and all the bad reviews just means that it scares enough people away that you can get a room easier.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aaron M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairfield - Napa Valley, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Aaron - Thank you for taking the time to do a review about our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your room and our location. As well, I appreciate you touting our hotel - the staff and I are very proud of our property; it is very rewarding to know that our hard work is paying off!

Thank you again for your review. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Alameda, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed there recently and it was a horrible experience. I was supposed to stay in a nonsmoking room but they didn’t tell me that my neighbors would be smokers. I couldn’t sleep the first night because my pillows smelled like sweat and cigarettes and the alarm clock kept going off every hour even after I had turned it off. When I told the desk about the pillows and alarm clock, they didn’t do anything about it until I brought the pillows and alarm clock down to the front desk. FRUSTRATING!! When I asked to be moved to a non-smoking floor, I was told that the room would be available while I was working at another location. So I wasn’t able to move because I wasn’t available when the room was available. The room I was stuck in was old with spider webs and mildew stains in the shower area. YUCK!! And the only way you get extra towels is if you bring your dirty towels down to the front desk. Just what I want to do after a long hard day at work. By the way, the grab and go breakfast is only available on a first come, first serve basis. So if you get there 10 minutes after it starts, you are out of luck. I am an educated professional with a graduate degree. Every day, as I entered and exited the hotel, there were smokers smoking cigarettes at the doors. So, every day, I went to work smelling like cigarettes. One more thing, on the day you check out, you won’t be able to get back into the room. They will tell you that your card is “sensitive” but they actually program the cards to deactivate on the day you are scheduled to check. I will NEVER stay at this horrible place again!!!

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Susan P
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

My overall stay here was horrible...front desk staff not very friendly, carried no facial expressions...(seemed very neutral).. elevators stunk, hallways very dark with no lighting @ night.. carpet stained & smelled like urine all around. RM343 stunk also, bed spreads worn & torn. RM 343 appeared dark during daytime (worsend @ night) Had Broken Latch on main Door to room, bent screen on window outside...(crazy for being on the 3rd floor high).seemed liked if some1 had been murdered there....tryed calln front desk for asisstance or room change (no pick-up) went to front desk (no1 available ever!. Got no sleep whatsoever heard odd noises thru out the night..Wouldn't recommend this place for stay, i dont care how nice it looks from the outside.. "Stay America" change ur NaMe!..........( i dare u to check out this rooM!).....HAUNTED!..

Room Tip: " If u specialize in UNOLVED MYSTERIES check out RM343!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank saral25
Fairfield, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

We stayed here three nights in June and were reasonably satisfied. The central location within Fairfield is pretty good with several choices for getting a quick bite to eat. They do have a "grab-and-go" breakfast which worked for us - coffee/tea and a muffin or granola bar or apple, and such. The room was reasonably good size with pots and pans and silver for two (no more spoons!). There was slight smell in the room but it was within the tolerable limit.

Room Tip: Ask for the side of the hotel not-facing-the freeway. The building is L-shaped, with one side parall...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Good quality for your money clean rooms good guest experience will stay again. Allen vary helpful In my questions housekeeping very nice. Location is great. Good eating places around the hotel for any type of occasion.

• Stayed May 2013
Fairfield, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

My daughter and I found the staff here to be very nice. Tina the manager is very helpful, and approachable. The rooms are very clean. Since my daughter and I have stayed here for quite a while her safety is very important to me and we feel safe here. The staff is very friendly, available, and courteous, They deal with even the un-common situations aptly. Tina, Diane, Dominique, Alan, Lance, Reynoldo, Carmen, and Jamal have made the experience very pleasant and memorable. They have added breakfast which is a nice perk. The clientele is often long term so you they feel like neighbors instead of strangers which helps you feel like you are home. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

Ok so what's the usual stay for most hotel goers ?? One or two day right.. Well do to business,my company put me in this hotel for 2 months so far. Believe me when you stay at a hotel for this long you really get to know how good or not so good the employees and hotel in general may be. Ever since I have been here , everyday I am greater with warm smiles by every single employee from house keeping to the maintenance,and Not to mention all the front desk employees. Breakfast bar is great and always stocked,my room always looks sharp after it is cleaned. Very important thanks to the manager Tina for coordinating with my company my stay and dealing with the different scenarios my crazy company sometimes put the hotel staff thru..

Room Tip: All rooms are nicely sound proof with double glass windows
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business