“Fond of Fairfield (Inn & Suites)”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fairfield Napa Valley Area
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed 27 September 2011

If you find yourself in the wine country of California, and would appreciate a clean, well-run establishment at a decent price, this is definitely your place. We had just come from Yosemite, and the Ahwahnee hotel ($500 a night, with an attitude to match!), and I can honestly say, the Fairfield Inn was a much more pleasant stay, hands down. It is well situated, within easy reach of both Napa/Sonoma wine regions. The staff is very friendly, efficient and helpful. The entire premises are whistle clean, and the rooms commodious and quiet, with really comfortable beds. The (included) breakfast items are fresh and plentiful. What else a traveler could ask for? This is a real gem in the Fairfield Inn & Suites chain.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are reasonably quiet, and bright. It is a handicap-friendly inn, with convenient di...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 September 2011

This place had bad customer service and bad housekeeping.
Customer Service: We made a reservation for one night for a room with a king bed and whirlpool. When we got into out room we noticed it did not have a whirlpool so my boyfriend called down to the front desk. He was told that we got bumped because a rewards member wanted a room upgraded and since they did not have another room for them they gave them our room. We were not told when checking in that the room we got was not what we made a reservation for. He was told that we HAD to take that room because they were completely booked (which was a lie) as were all the hotels in the area. The person behind the counter pretty much explained to us we were second class citizens since we were not rewards members and reservations do not mean a thing. After some pushing he said that they had a wheelchair accessible with a king bed and whirlpool. He had to call the manager to get permission to give us the room.
Housekeeping: Once settled in the room I decided to take a bath. I took a washcloth and put it over my eyes and discovered a long black hair on it. I look around and saw a few long black hairs in the tub. I have light brown hair. On top of that I realized too late that the room only had conditioner and no hair shampoo as I could not wash my hair. Sure I could have called down to get some but I was already in the tub. This is standards stuff that should be in the room. Later that night while brushing my teeth I noticed my feet were getting sprayed with water. I looked under the sink and saw a tiny leak in the pipes.
Room: One last point I want to make about this hotel. In the window there were two curtains, the sheer curtains which let in the light and you can see out of and ones that block the light. Before bed we went to close the regular curtains and discovered that the regular curtains were just for looks and could not be closed. Luckily we had to get up early otherwise we would have been woken up early when the morning sun came out.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel on a 2 day trip to Napa unaware of how far it was from Downtown. The hotel itself was clean, the room comfortable and the staff very helpful but we ended up moving to another hotel in town as the distance meant either my wife or I had to drive to and from the city to visit the bars and restaurants in town.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Stayed there for only one night- great experience- hotel is very clean, staff is very friendly and breakfast is great. About 20 minute drive to Napa Valley but you can't beat the price! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I've decided to pick this hotel, because the hotels in Napa where too expensive and not very attractive.
They checked us in very early at no extra cost - the hotel is in a very good condition - everything is shining clean.
The room was immaculate and spacious coupled with a free and fast internet and free parking this is great value for money.
Access to Napa Valley and Fairfield is easy and fast and there are also quite a few shops, and restaurants nearby.
We were out most of the time, but noticed that the breakfast served had a good and healthy choice (although we only had a take out coffee - which was good)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank VaderLondon
Reviewed 18 January 2011

We(family of 4) just got back from our stay at this hotel. We were looking for a decent hotel with 2 Full size bed for a good night rest after a day in Napa with the kids. After reading good reviews, I opt to choose this hotel to trade in m Marriott Rewards. We checked in around 4pm and they(Isaac) at the reception desk gave us room #316. At the time the place was pretty vacant, so we took the kids to use the indoor pool. The swimming pool room was poorly insulated so it smelled like salt and plastic. Our girls jumped into the pool anyway even though a few times they wanted to throw up from the stench. My husband and I used the Jacuzzi which was alright...powerful bubble jets. Then 15 minutes we left to get ready for dinner in Napa. The hotel was about 30 mins from Napa as earlier reviewers had mentinoned. Then, when we came back in the evening, we started hearing creaks and footsteps from the top floor above(4th floor) that we didn't hear before when we first checked in. I wanted to move the room but because all our personal items have laid out and the kids have changed to their pajamas, my husband convinced me against it telling me the noise will go away when the people above us have gone to sleep. Well...2AM pass..and the noise continued..the ceiling sometimes shake by loud thump making my heart stopped. Then, eventually after twisting and turning, I finally fell asleep around 4am and awaken by the noises again around 6am. After I had their breakfast, which was decent....slightly better than Holiday Inn Express Breakfast, we got ready to check out. I then asked the desk clerk about the noise and what was above us to see why the high traffic and could possible by the ice room. To which she replied was, the 4th floor, geez..thanks. I explained that it could not be a room due to constant walking and to which she checked the map and said there's no room...rather a hallway near the elevator. All in all, this hotel was so poorly built that any walking will shake and cause noises. I would never stay here again even if the room is clean. All I wanted was one night of good rest and instead I got barely any. Came back home dissapointed. In all my stay at high level story hotels near and far from elevator, I've never seen any hotels so badly built as this one. And, we just came back from Kauii at the Condominum units where we were on 2nd floor and there were 3 more floors above us and nothing was heard not even one noise. If you stay here, make sure you're on the 4th floor or there's a room above you so you can get a goodnight rest. Thanks Isaac for choosing such a good room for us when there were so much better rooms. Some way to end our Anniversary. I will get my well needed sleep at home tonight.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2010

The newer Fairfield Inns are well done and rival Hampton Inn's, in many cases exceeding them. This was a very nice property. I had a king suite room with micro/fridge. Separate seating area is nice and the work area was good. The room was clean, despite showing some signs of use. The only complaints was a overly soft bed and the bathroom door won’t stay open. The breakfast is on par with a REAL restaurant and was the BEST quality and selection I've seen at a hotel in a long time. The staff was friendly and helpful and the cost of the room was very competitive for the area. No need to look further, unless you aspire a more upscale property, which you'll pay dearly for in this area.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business