Homewood Suites by Hilton Fairfield - Napa Valley Area
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
“Homewood Stays”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stay here a lot during our family visits. Always satisfied with service and quality of rooms. This trip we were accompanied by relatives who are world travelers and they were ecstatic about the suite in which they stayed. We most certainly will use this facility again in the near future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank 75evelyng
PDavis1063, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fairfield - Napa Valley Area, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Evelyn G,

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying at the Homewood Suites Fairfield. We elated that both you and your family members enjoyed their stay with us. It really makes our staff feel good when our guest share how pleased they are with our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to Homewood Suites Fairfield, your Home away from Home

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Columbia, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is awesome, clean, with friendly staff. You are only 15 minutes from Napa and the price is much less and the area is much prettier. And you get awesome breakfast, dinner, free beer & wine. I would totally stay here again when traveling to the Napa or Sonoma areas.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

pmvewright, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fairfield - Napa Valley Area, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Bonnie K,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your time in the area and stay at Homewood Suites Fairfield-Napa Valley. It's such a pleasure to know that there are guest that appreciate our staff and the hard work they do. We look forward to welcoming to your Home away from Home, when your travels bring you back to the area.
Chatsworth, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This location is 25 minutes away from Napa/St. Helena. When road construction completes it should be faster. Its also much more economical than staying in Napa area. Its conveniently close to freeways and Costco for stocking your kitchenette.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

pmvewright, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fairfield - Napa Valley Area, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Mark C,

Thank you for taking time to post your experience of Homewood Suites Fairfield on Tripadvisor. We're glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. Homewood is a great economical option for guest that don't want to pay the Napa, Yountville, St. Helena rates....which can be pretty steep in some cases in excess of $4,000.00+! I believe everyone in the area will be happy when the construction on Highway 12 is done, allowing eaiser access to the Napa Valley Gateway. Should your travels bring you back to the area we look forward to welcoming you to your Home away from Home.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My room key kept demagnetizing early in the AM or late at night. I brought my dog to a dog friendly hotel, booking online. The website says "pets" with no weight restriction, (see attached photo).

It was explained to me, not to bring my dog through the lobby, when I checked in, which was fine.

However, my room key kept demagnetizing. After taking my dog out early on the second morning 5 am I could not enter through the back and proceeded to go through the front door with my dog. I asked for a new room key. The female front desk clerk (working at 5 am on July 1, 2014) in an abrupt manner, asked how much my dog weighed. After staying here for 2 nights and booking the room for 2 weeks a month ago, she told me my dog was too big to stay here.

I had planned and researched this stay for months and requested a dog room on the ground floor. On their website it just says "pets" with no weight restrictions. A confrontation continued about why my dog couldn't be here, ~too big~ She told me it says no dogs over 50 pounds. Arguing with me at 5 am!!! It is like she just picked a fight with me. I asked her what she wants from me this early, what is the purpose of the confrontation, did she want me to check out? Meanwhile she isn't giving me a room key, I just wanted to go to my room, I didn't want to argue.

She asked which room I was in, I said the room number. Then she told me I wasn't in that room! I said I was. It was like, No you aren't, yes I am, no you aren't (I mean, really?) She argued that I wasn't in there, "not for dogs" she said. After asking my name, and furiously checking the computer to find out what room I am in, I was indeed in that room.

I am a calm person, soft spoken, but she agitated me with her rude, rude, rude, unprofessional manner, I went back to my room tearful.

She wanted to prove to me that my dog wasn't allowed, by showing me something with the rules on it. She might want to check the website where it clearly states no pet weight limits. I just wanted my room key, it was so early! It was like she was keeping me hostage by not giving me the key to keep the argument going.

I am pretty sure it was the General Manager of the Hotel, I can't think any employee would be trained to act like that. Or anyone would talk to someone with such authority and superiority.

On another note, the room cleaning girls are super nice, and friendly. They were my favourite part. The other front desk girls during the day were really nice too. The young male that worked at night, just gave me a new room key without confirming my name late at night. Yikes!!!

On a final note, my dog was as big as some of the other dogs.

The pool isn't working in the prime summer month July. Brutal.

Room Tip: Ground floor if you have dogs
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 984Dorothy
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I am completely unsatisfied with the customer service and management at this establishment. Specifically, we stayed here two nights for a wedding in the local area. Since this was a special event, I had just gotten a detail on my personal vehicle. When we awoke the first morning I was dismayed to find hard water stains all over my car from their sprinkler system. I made a complaint with the front desk and was told a supervisor would contact me via cell phone, but the call never came. In order to prevent the stains from setting in, I then immediately got another car wash and waxing. The second evening I parked my car in a different location, in an area I thought would be safe from the sprinklers. When I awoke the following morning, I AGAIN found hard water sprinkler stains on my car. Upon checkout, I spoke to the front desk Supervisor about my dissatisfaction and was told to contact the Manager, but that the Manager would tell me that signs were posted in the lot that state "Park at Your Own Risk" (apparently, this doesn't just apply to people breaking in your car, but to their sprinkler system ruining your car's finish). Basically, she explained I was out of luck (how's that for customer service?) In addition to this poor response from management or lack of, we had to wait over 15 minutes for clean silverware (while trying to enjoy their free brunch on BOTH days), and clean towels took over an hour to arrive after requesting twice (direct with the front desk and via phone). I took my car for ANOTHER detail to remove the hard water stains from Homewood's terrible sprinkler system, and even the manager at the car wash was more empathetic than Homewood!

Overall, this was just the poorest hospitality experience I've ever had at a hotel establishment (I am a frequent traveler), and this is exactly why I much prefer Starwood and Marriott (I've never left their properties unsatisfied). I'm sure that Mr. Conrad Hilton (himself) would turn in his grave if he heard this lack of customer service was related to his name.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Adonis M
Parker, CO, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I wouldn't stay at this Homewood Suites ever again. The Pool and Hot Tub were closed for maintenance in the middle of tourist season. There were several other non-working items in the rooms and management didn't seem concerned.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Alan N
Dear Alan N,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. It is our goal that every guest who stays at the Homewood Suites Fairfield/Napa Valley area leave feeling like they had a Great visit with family. From your comments it looks like we fell short of our goal. Our pool is under construction which is listed on our website (it's unfortunate that the construction had to take place during peak season). As an option we offered our guest the use of our sister hotel's pool. We felt this was a reasonable option as their pool is located a short walk across the parking lot. We make every effort to address every guest complaint/concern, as soon as we're made aware of it. Since this was not your experience, we will use your comments as an additional training tool. Should your travels bring you back to the area we look forward to welcoming you back to your Home away from Home.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

First time at any Homewood property. Found it on line and booked based on price. No problems at this hotel. Friendly staff, clean, good breakfast and the managers reception was a pleasant surprise. Location was good for seeing sights in the area. Staff were helpful with suggestions and directions. Wine, Jelly Belly tour, Jump Highway, 6 Flags and the low key Western Railway Museum with it's short ride were all had good access from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Paul K,

Thank you for taking time to post your experience at Homewood Suites Fairfield on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to know your first experience with the Hilton Brand Homewood was a pleasant one. We have many guest that stay with us as a more economical option to Napa Valley. Like you mentioned we're a short distance to great sites to experience in the area. Should your travels bring you back to the area, we look forward to welcoming you to your Home away from Home...