“Awful room that smelled like smoke”

Motel 6 Fairfield North
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed 1 March 2012

The front dest staff was very nice but the only room they had available was a smoking room. It smelled so bad the my clothes smelled like smoke after I got home and I'm not a smoker. The blankets had burn holes in them, the sheets were stained and the countertops and TV had burn marks on them. The carpet was covered with cigarette burn holes.
The ice machine was out of order and the pillows were so flat it was like no pillow at all. I will never stay there again!

Room Tip: Never choose a smoking room even if you smoke!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank malerntogo

Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stay at a lot of Motel 6s as I travel with my sport/show German Shepherd. I stayed one night at this place on a 41 day trip with the dog from Atlanta to Fairfield to attend the Michael Ellis school for dog trainers. After one night here, we moved to the other Motel 6 in Fairfield.

This place was down right dangerous. This seemed to be the kind of place that panhandlers stay after they have collected enough for the room and their fix. People were definitly sitting outside their rooms using dope.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Kerwin G
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Room rates are a rediculous cheep 55$ a night! the rooms them selves seam a little out dated, regardless it was a nice stay, my only complaint would be that the room smelled enclosed, and at night if you payed close enough attention you could hear the freeway

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Better than expected! Cheap (as expected ) but clean, comfy bed, friendly reception staff, parking space we could see from our room and a midday checkout. Quality no-frills!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim_Traveller_77
Reviewed 29 July 2010

We were tired from a long day on the road so we decided to stay in Fairfield instead of driving on to Sacramento. This is definitely not one of the best Motel 6 we have stayed in but not the worst either. The room was basic with the ugly Motel 6 bedspreads and lack of amenities. But it was clean and the bed was comfortable. Rate was low. The carpet in the room was either new or freshly cleaned because we did not have the same experience as the previous poster. A Burger King and Denny's are within walking distance. It is a Motel 6 so we did not expect luxurious accomodations.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dynamite_deb
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We stayed here on our roadtrip ...DISGUSTING..I called and complained to the corporate office...Our feet were black on the bottom from dirty carpets..the remote control has ductape holding the batteries in and everytime you grab it it is sticky...the guest comments card had a coffee ring on it..obviously from Previous guests..I cannot stress enough that I will NEVER stay at another motel 6 again over this one..and I have stayed at a few and were nothing fancy obviously but were clean..This was a DUMP..I was worried about catching something by staying in here...we checked in around 7 pm and were out of there by 7 am..Literally the room a few down from us the cops came in the night and kicked the door down and arrested 2 people..Oh..and the pool had dead bees all around it it so you had to watch your step constantly...NEVER NEVER NEVER again...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank hollyjenice
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Sometimes stay at Motel 6, since they are realtively inexpensive and allow pets, and don't have high expectations for them; however, this one was scary. Zombie clerk at the counter (drugs/tired/indifferent?). Had to step over someone in the hall sprawled out with his luggage smoking cloves. Horrible room: burns in the bedspread and cigarette burns in the counter (no smoking room). Carpet very scary, A 2-foot wide reddish brown blotch I spent the night hoping it wasn't blood, plus a plethora of other multicolor mystery stains. Phone was broken. Hallways dank. Pluses were it was suprisingly quiet (off-night), and nobody stole my truck. The morning clerk was polite. Had to pay for internet access, which ended up not using for fear of hackers.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business