“Great manager & great value”

Motel 6 Fairfield/Napa Valley CA
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Great manager & great value”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed here from Monday night June 30th and left Friday morning July 4th. The manager and staff were very friendly and helpful. Couldn't get better service. The room was nice, I liked the queen size beds. I would give it a 5, but the door didn't completely shut, we felt safe and both locks worked, and we were woken up one morning by a loud guest talking on her cell phone in the morning. It's a great location, right off the interstate and close to fast food.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Packerfancheesehead

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Am Samoa
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The best thing about this motel6 is the staff,especially Mike the Manager,But Mike you need to employee a surrounding property maintenance person.The only thing wrong was the enormous amount of cigarette butts all over the motel grounds and trash in the swimming pools on both days our family was there( will post pics ).All else was nice,the rooms are clean althought in a couple of the rooms the towel holders were falling off the wall.The rooms have lcd TVS with a load of local and cable channels,a frig and a mw.The staff gave us extra pillows and towels and the rooms were cleaned everyday.The AC is quiet!The wifi was free and fast!
We were given 2nd floor rooms on the parking lot side,and were quiet,until a family with kids were checked into room above us on the 3rd floor,and we could hear floor noises in the middle of the night.Make some on your 3rd floor rooms non-smoking,so we stay there next time.
The surrounding area is littered with fast food and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank saulele
Clearlake Oaks, California
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was very pleased with the room, and customer service. Made my stay very pleasant, I will stay here again.
Kudos to Chelsie for her excellent customer service. She was a great help with the room and connecting to the internet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bob H
Fairfield, California
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I spend my weekends in this Newly Remodeled Motel 6 since it is close to Casinos, shopping malls and brand outlets and to rest.

The Staff are great and very helpful. Mike is always there for accommodation and he is a very good manager.

I keep using this motel and recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Book in advance and ask what you want online
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Max J
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I checked in the middle of the night, and the young woman working the desk was very friendly. I requested shampoo, extra blanket etc. and she was quick and very helpful. The property and my room was very clean. This hotel was remodeled, does not look like your typical motel 6. I'll definitely stay here again if I'm in this area.

Room Tip: Front side of the building facing parking lot
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Fullerton, California
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I've stayed often in Motel 6, and this one is the best so far. Friendly and helpful manager. Spotless room. Efficient housekeeping. Clean and good laundry facilities. Great shower. Comfortable beds...I think this room was recently remodeld and had new beds. Quiet and set well back from the road if you get a room at the front. Near restaurants and fast food and coffee shops. Good central place to explore the Napa Valley. Would definitely return there if I was in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front away from the freeway.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Such terrible customer service from the manager/owner! I checked into this hotel at 2:30 AM because I couldn't make it home after late flight arrival. The room they put me into was at the back of the hotel near the freeway. It was so loud that I called to switch rooms. The woman at the front (who was very nice) told me that I'd have to upgrade to a more expensive suite. I told her I'd call her back if I couldn't fall asleep. About 20 minutes later, I called to move and upgrade. Packed my stuff up and went back down. The room they put me in was NEXT DOOR but I didn't realize this until I got there. Went back and she was already on the phone with her manager (who is also the owner) because she knew the room change would still be loud." I asked her to refund my money and I would go somewhere I could sleep. She said the manager, who was still on the phone, said I had been there too long and wouldn't refund the money. I asked to speak with him on the phone and he refused. Unimpressed. So I went back to the hotel for a lousy- and I mean lousy- night's sleep. He made the 100 bucks on me, and I hope his integrity is worth it.

Room Tip: If you are on the freeway side, you won't be able to sleep because of the noise from freeway.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JuliaLeeth
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Fairfield/Napa Valley CA, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Julia,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The customer service and noise issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Travellers are raving about these Fairfield hotels