“New owner - New Name”

Add it.
Jack's Place
Ranked #54 of 70 Restaurants in Fallbrook
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Description: Once again, I think your zipcode database needs updating. Please Google CA 92028 and you will find it includes Fallbrook, CA
“New owner - New Name”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Ownership has changed in last few months as well as name change. It is now "Jacks Place". Servings and such much changed and not for the better. Most sandwich items are a LA carte and prices have gone up. Never enough servers. Very slow. My regular group of around 12 have chosen to go elsewhere.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank 633KPD

“Menu was ruined.”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We used to eat at the Hukilau once a week. Since the new owners took it over many changes have been made. Big change was the menu recently. They took away several items,made certain things available at only certain times of the day,portions are smaller and of course prices have been changed. I had to laugh when I saw the sandwiches are a la carte! Plus if you want anything besides the sandwich it is extra. No more salad or fries with your sandwich. Ordering a hamburger on Wednesday you pay extra for cheese or the fries. The menu is not exciting or presentable for a Golf Club. No design and they can't spell Avocado correctly!!! Service is poor and very often not correct. If you are a member buy one get one dinners are gone as well. Too bad...we won't be back.

• Visited December 2013
Fallbrook, California
“Hukilau is consistently great”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My family and I have been going to Hukilau consistently for the last few years. Seriously, I've probably had over 100 meals there. It has gone through an ownership change and it is still great. I've never had a bad meal. The staff is friendly and attentive. The food is always great and the portions are very generous. The pricing is very good. I'm very comfortable taking clients and friends there. They continue to upgrade the landscaping and the atmosphere to make it nice. I really enjoy the large glass doors with the view overlooking the golf course.

• Visited May 2013
Alyson Breathed
“Consistently.... poor”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I will say this for them - they are consistent. I've been there 5 times in 2 years. I've only eaten there 4 times, because once we could not get someone to wait on us and finally gave up. The staff is simply NOT TRAINED - each time I've been there you get some but not all of what you order. We asked for water, no ice, we got 1 water for 3 people with ice. I ordered an omelet that should have had avocado in it, when I asked the staff huddled and said, we're pretty sure it was supposed to have it, so we'll bring you a side order. It arrived when I was nearly done with my omelet. I asked for salsa - never got it. I like to spend my money on locally owned, but I give up with these guys.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank momquat
Irvine
“Order is wrong most of the time - food is often cold.”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

The service is either great or terrible depending on who you get. The food is wrong more often than not. We tried this place several times hoping it would get better but it didn't. The last time went home sick. The fish can be good, but it is sketchy at best - sometimes it has clearly gone bad.

More often than not the food is cold. I really don't like cold fries, eggs, or nachos - which I've been served several times there. Several times our order has been incorrect. I'm not sure the chef's actually read the ticket. When they get it right it is good - but that is really a crapshoot and the odds are not in your favor.

We won't eat there again.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank ffry

Been to Jack's Place? Share your experiences!