“Seriously?”

Fallbrook Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I'm reading other reviews and wondering if we're talking about the same place?? The first thing I noticed was the my door and windows were open and the room smelled of Pine Sol. After returning to my room after it had been closed up, it just smelled, musty, dusty. The rooms look nothing like the ones on the web site.The colors were disgusting and it looked as though the room had been furnished and accessorized from a thrift store. I would not walk on the carpet without shoes on and ended up putting my towels on the floor to walk on. I didn't sleep well because I kept feeling like things were going to crawl on me. There was mold in the bathroom and I couldn't turn on the fan because of the dust on it. I am taking into account that this is a very old motel and has some charm to it, but the rooms are in serious need of updating and cleaning. The grounds were maintained fairly well. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 June 2013

My wife and I are on a road trip with a limited budget, so we were a bit aprehensive due to the cost of this retro motor lodge, but as soon as we walked into our room, we both uttered, "oh - how awesome!"
The room was very clean and - notably - had a large closet, ceiling fan + AC, and a kitchenette complete with large microwave, refrigerator, small kitchen sink, and a few cabinets/drawers!
The pool/hot tub area is set in a nice courtyard area and has a grill which we plan to use next time we come.
Now, here is our take on what some other reviews had noted as negatives: the noise? We didn't even hear the roosters until our third morning when we went for a walk outside at 6:30AM. "Really? That's what the issue is over?" The crow is quiet/distant, so unless you are outside... And the restaurant/bar across the street: you can hear music if you're outside, but again, very faint and non-intrusive.
The service: I had a few interactions with Neal and his wife to adjust our dates and I found both of them VERY courteous and willing to please, so no complaints here!
Overall, this was a great experience. Very comfortable, very affordable, and we will surely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

We stay their first time .service was very satisfied . We recommend our friend not to far for legoland. Their was a very friendly staff! The food was very good! I'll come back again In a few weeks......

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 2 May 2013

The motel itself is old, but attempts have been made to refurbish. My room near the pool seemed freshly painted and decorated. There is a nice view here.

The weekend rates are much higher than the weekday rates. However, if you are planning to get some sleep, be aware that the restaurant in front of the pool facing the highway had extremely loud music and a party until almost 2 a.m. I was told that this occurs every weekend. So, if getting to sleep before 2 a.m. is on your list of why you rented a room, this is not the place for you. They really should reduce the weekend rate because of the racket.

Small economies make what could be a really nice place seem somewhat tacky. Ceiling fixture missing a bulb, and also in bathroom. One lamp only between beds, and no lamp at corner table where one might wish to write. Alarm clock cheap and non-functional. Shampoo barely enough for one person. No Kleenex anywhere in the room. Coffee was some off-brand and lacked any flavor. Phones in some rooms don't work.

Breakfast room: Hard boiled eggs, toast, Thomas's English muffins, 2 varieties of dry cereal, milk, and orange juice. No butter, only margarine. Jelly packets were some off-brand and totally unusable--like rubber. Coffee was not good, even though fresh.

They need to resolve the noise problem. I would not pay top rates again and not be able to sleep. It might be OK at the weekday rates, but $89 or $99 is overkill on weekends, especially considering the noise level.

This place has the potential to be much more pleasant than it is.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2013

first impressions were not good..this is a motel and certainly did not have curb appeal..we sat in our car a few minutes asking if this really is what we booked...however lets start with the positive...car spot right in front...patio that leads to a grassy courtyard and pool...perfect weather...great internet connection that was FREE...small refrigerator and microwave...nice shower head..so a few things that were hard to ignore...screen door on slider to patio fell off when opened..the overhead fan and desk mirror with overhead lighting were all missing lightbulbs...same thing in the bathroom..must be a conservation thing..the TV was at least 15 years old and not a flat screen..we had to connect the cable ..the cleaning product used was overwhelming and hard to stomach..we had to leave the windows open for quite some time to air it out..decor is very old...likely from the 70's..old potted plastic plants..small towels,.no spare toilet paper, small toiletry items and very OLD bedding..the sheets barely fit the king bed and when we pulled back the covers the sheets came off the mattress since the bottom sheet was not fitted..however the mattress was comfortable...no room safe..although they advertise a free breakfast..don't bother..it was english muffins and boiled eggs..the single serving jam or jelly packets were so old the jam was like tar and unusable...the mexican restaurant on site had friendly service but the food was marginal at best. I have never had frajitas prepared for me..they usually come with the items to do yourself..not here..they were like wrapsllthey had meat, jicama and avocado with the small sides... i don't like jicama :(
I guess if you are looking for a bargain and a nights sleep this will do..but don't expect much more...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We have stayed off and on at the Country Inn for the past nine months and this is by far the best value in Fallbrook and probably the entire North County. The rooms are clean and nicely appointed. You get a microwave and small refrigerator in the room which is very nice if you are staying for a few days or have children. The staff is very friendly and willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay a pleasant one.

Room Tip: The courtyard rooms are newer and have better TV sets, the outer rings are a little less expensive.