“Good deal for the money”

Fallbrook Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My wife and I were doing a quick getaway to Temecula to do some wine tasting and check out Pechanga Casino. We just wanted a place close by, with reasonable rates and that was clean. This place worked out well for us and we would come back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
There are newer reviews for Fallbrook Country Inn

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Booked two rooms, three nights through hotels.com @ $53 night each; queen bed in both. As another reviewer characterizes ... it's a "boutique property." Despite being on a main thoroughfare (Mission Road), noise was never an issue thanks to Fallbrook not being a metro area and room set-back from street. It's an older facility (1970s?), but exterior/room interiors satisfactorily maintained. Never felt "unsafe." Within walking distance of several restaurants, fast food providers, Walgreens and Rite-Aid. Gentleman on front desk (an owner?) was cordial and helpful. Good job by housekeeping each day. Nice little courtyard area containing what appeared to be well-maintained pool and the small single-room building in which continental breakfast available each morning. Approximately 18 miles west to the coast. Ten minutes east to Interstate 15. Considering its location (California, reasonable proximity to beaches), thought it was good value for the price and wouldn't be reluctant to book rooms there again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a rear, sliding door facing the courtyard/pool area. Cost might be higher than what...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I love this place. It's clean, had a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker and sink for a modest kitchen, the room was quite spacious, and the parking for each room is right outside the door. It also has a pool and hot tub, is located very near the grocery store, bar, restaurants, and a liquor store across the street. The most impressive thing about the place may be the service I experienced. I stupidly left behind some small belongings and the manager of the place was truly amazing at getting them returned to me. Not only was he quick in response, and very kind and considerate in dealing with me, but when I offered to pay for the postage of the return, he insisted I did not, that "it was his duty!" If only others took customer service so far. I'd gladly stay again and I recommend the place to anyone.

Room Tip: There are rooms that open onto the pool that looked nice, but possibly noisier as they're closer...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Pleasant experience. We have a room near pool . Also barbecue spot for family together. Breakfast was great the price we paid.we will be back in summer. Staff was great . Continual breakfast including boiled egg .

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Okay, The Ritz Carleton it is not. But then, Fallbrook is in no way New York City. What the Fallbrook Country Inn is, is a quaint 1960-1970s feeling motor hotel. Rooms are arranged in three single-story tiers, with outside entries and parking spots directly in front of the rooms. Rooms from #114 and above are recommended, due to distance from street and noise. My room (#117) was large and very clean and function able. Chairs (plastic, but cleaned of dust) and table outside on room "porch" are a very nice touch for relaxation/smoking/cocktails. EXPEDIA rate was just as advertised and had no hidden fees like PRICELINE or the other so-called "discount" sites. Overall, a most satisfactory experience.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Booked this place through Priceline.com for $129 a night and when I arrived it is less of an "Inn" and more of Motel. There was also a sign outside that said "Rooms starting at $49.99." When I asked the clerk at check-in what my two queen bed usually costs and he said "59.99" which put it in alignment with most of the other motels in the area. (Motel 6, etc) I asked why I was charged $130 (+$10 in booking fees and another $10 for taxes for $150 total) and he claimed "He didn't know." I came back here (after the fact) and realized there were quite a few complaints about this place. It's one thing if you know you are paying for a $59.99 motel and I've stayed in plenty, but I got totally ripped off here and the owner wouldn't do a thing about it. He claimed I was paying the "weekend" rate. I asked for a list of published rates and he couldn't' produce one. So I learned a valuable lesson this weekend about getting completely ripped off. NEVER trust the price the online entity says it is. Unfortunate because I have used Priceline to book quite a few things over the years and they won't meet me even halfway on this. Time to start using other ways to book room I suppose. Unfortunately the fact I paid 120% more than I would have paid if I would have walked in off the street has left such a bad taste in my mouth about this place that I cannot make any comments about it even being a nice motel that might be a good deal at $59.99. Did I mention the rowdy bar across the street that spilled into the parking lot 50' from my motel door at 2:00am. I'm going to guess that probably happens all the time.

Room Tip: Do your homework on this place before booking.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Assigned to a seminar in nearby Murrieta, I selected the Fallbrook Country Inn by the pictures and generally favorable reviews posted. Wrong! There is one little part of a large motel complex that does look like those cheerful rooms, but the other parts of the motel seem to be inhabited by long-term renters, and sadly we were assigned to the seriously deficient room I'll show here. Had I not been so thoroughly exhausted, I would have left and found other lodging. Probably should have because breakfast the next morning was a huge disappointment. Toast in a non-toasting toaster is warmed bread. The lovely guest next to the non-toaster could not complete her breakfast because the inexpensive foam bowls provided for cereal (and her oatmeal) melt in the microwave while warming. (She had a hot, melted mess to clean up.) Sorry folks, those of you who extoll the virtues clearly have never been in our room, nor had breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay near the pool area. They appeared to be in better condition.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown
#6 of 19 in Temecula
Ramada Temecula Old Town
Ramada Temecula Old Town
#9 of 19 in Temecula

Been to Fallbrook Country Inn? Share your experiences!