“Motel stay”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Fallbrook
“Motel stay”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I couldn't be any more pleased than I was at this Motel. It was clean and cozy the carpets were very clean, in fact the whole room was clean. also the grounds were clean and it was quite at night. Unlike the place we stayed in the night prior to our stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Lavell E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 January 2014

TL;DR: Do research, rooster next door, bad outlets, and parking right in front of the room.

Full Review:

My mother and I stayed here for a wedding that we were invited to. I really should have done more research before I booked a room. We arrived at the place, easy to find, thankfully, around 2pm. I did not expect it to be a motel to be honest, but whatever. I'm not overly picky with stuff and we are on a budget.

We went into the office and could here people laughing and talking and eating. Okay, family business, that's pretty nice. A woman came out when we rang the bell to check in and charged us right there on the spot. Most places I've been to don't charge until check out, unless I was booking through a third-party site, which was not the case here. We checked in and she gave us the room key card.

We found our room and was able to park right in front of the door, which was a nice little feature. I looked over and found that the front door and the sliding screen were open! I honestly didn't expect that, I just thought it was strange.

When we came back to the room after the wedding, my foot went a little under one of the beds, and I kicked out a water bottle that did not belong to either of us. At that point I was slightly annoyed at the fact that they completely missed it.

The blankets on the bed were paper thin. And there is a warning in the room that room service is "compulsory". No phones in the room either. So in the event of an emergency, what am I supposed to do, especially if I didn't have reception on my phone?

The AC works well, I think that's worth noting. It is a window unit, if anyone is interested.

The outlets in the bathroom didn't work, so I had to unplug the mini fridge so that I could use my hair curler.

WARNING: THERE IS A FRAKING ROOSTER RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO THEM! Imagine my shock when, at 4am, I hear a damned rooster singing the song of its people, pretty much all through the morning.

There's also a Jack in the Box next door. Nice for those of us with hangovers and such.

Thus, concludes the end of my review, hope you don't make the same mistake I made. Unless roosters are your thing. In that case, have at it.

Room Tip: Try to get one on the opposite side of the office, it's probably quieter. But what do I know, I...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mindy F

Travellers are raving about these Fallbrook hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I like how it felt like you where in a little oasis. Like you where in a tropical get away. With walking distance to food. I'm a truck driver, and l need space for my truck. They have tons of parking. Even space for truck and trailer.Overall stay was good.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank callisweet3
Fallbrook
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My wife and I were doing a quick getaway to Temecula to do some wine tasting and check out Pechanga Casino. We just wanted a place close by, with reasonable rates and that was clean. This place worked out well for us and we would come back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Anthem, Arizona
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Booked two rooms, three nights through hotels.com @ $53 night each; queen bed in both. As another reviewer characterizes ... it's a "boutique property." Despite being on a main thoroughfare (Mission Road), noise was never an issue thanks to Fallbrook not being a metro area and room set-back from street. It's an older facility (1970s?), but exterior/room interiors satisfactorily maintained. Never felt "unsafe." Within walking distance of several restaurants, fast food providers, Walgreens and Rite-Aid. Gentleman on front desk (an owner?) was cordial and helpful. Good job by housekeeping each day. Nice little courtyard area containing what appeared to be well-maintained pool and the small single-room building in which continental breakfast available each morning. Approximately 18 miles west to the coast. Ten minutes east to Interstate 15. Considering its location (California, reasonable proximity to beaches), thought it was good value for the price and wouldn't be reluctant to book rooms there again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a rear, sliding door facing the courtyard/pool area. Cost might be higher than what...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I love this place. It's clean, had a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker and sink for a modest kitchen, the room was quite spacious, and the parking for each room is right outside the door. It also has a pool and hot tub, is located very near the grocery store, bar, restaurants, and a liquor store across the street. The most impressive thing about the place may be the service I experienced. I stupidly left behind some small belongings and the manager of the place was truly amazing at getting them returned to me. Not only was he quick in response, and very kind and considerate in dealing with me, but when I offered to pay for the postage of the return, he insisted I did not, that "it was his duty!" If only others took customer service so far. I'd gladly stay again and I recommend the place to anyone.

Room Tip: There are rooms that open onto the pool that looked nice, but possibly noisier as they're closer...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Nevada
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Pleasant experience. We have a room near pool . Also barbecue spot for family together. Breakfast was great the price we paid.we will be back in summer. Staff was great . Continual breakfast including boiled egg .

• Stayed December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula
Ramada Temecula Old Town
Ramada Temecula Old Town
#7 of 19 in Temecula

Been to Fallbrook Country Inn? Share your experiences!