“Fallbrook Country Inn”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Los Angeles
“Fallbrook Country Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The nice man at the front desk upgraded us to a pool view. I liked parking the car right in front of the room. We were about 15 feet from the pool and where breakfast is set up. I thought the room was clean, the breakfast set-up was better than the reviews i had read prior to my stay. The room was priced right. When I am in Fallbrook again, I'd definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laurenloves2travel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fallbrook, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

It was my 50th birthday, my husband and I were looking for a reasonably priced, local place for a quick get-away. The poolside "suite" was cute, but wasn't worth the price. We paid $109 for a Friday night, but it really should have been priced in the $55-60 range. The property has great potential to be a quaint boutique hotel, but it must be updated in many ways FIRST. We enjoyed sitting outside our room on our little patio that is part of the courtyard surrounding the pool. It was a beautiful sunny day, and we did enjoy the feel of the place, but had to laugh at the screens that spanned the sliding doors. They had tacky photos of palm trees, boats, cactus, even a lighthouse, painted on them. It totally cheapened the quaintness of the courtyard which had lovely plants and beds of flowering Lantana. Our room was clean, but the furnishings looked like they were randomly picked up at the thrift store. The morning "breakfast" was a big bowl of yucky scrambled eggs, white bread for toasting, corn flakes, and coffee. No typical continental breakfast offerings such as pastries,bagels, donuts, fruit, juices, oatmeal, etc. It's a shame, because this property has so much potential to be a really great little place to stay, and currently, it's just squeaking by at tolerable. I'd like to see someone renovate this motel, it'd be awesome! If you do stay here, be sure to ask for a poolside room. According to friends, the rooms on the hill are terrible.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen B
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was a bad Inn from the start. I booked the room online for the dates we needed for a great price. When I got the conformation, it was for the wrong night! Actually, it was for THAT night. I called the Inn to explain the mistake and, when the manager was available, he told me that the switch would cost me double. I wanted to cancel the whole thing but since the cancelation policy is that you have to cancel 24 hrs in advance (that wasn't possible since the reservation, which was the wrong date, was only 4 hours away) I would have been charged a cancelation fee too! I finally got it booked for the correct date. However, he had to charge me immediately for the reservation. It gets worse. Upon arriving at the hotel, (we never really saw the hotel because we were ushered into this small room) we were told that they didn't have a room for us. Instead, he booked a room for us at a different hotel?? He said this one was much nicer (Rodeway Inn). All I can say is, if this hotel was better, I'd hate to see the original hotel. It was bad from start to finish!

Room Tip: Don't go at all
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Fallbrook hotels

california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

It is 1 am & the room we were given is not the one we reserved (deluxe) - but tough luck because it is not refundable- the music in the bar which is 30 ft from our room is going strong with no end in sight - horrible customer service - they did not even say hello - no curtain on the bathroom window & the old peeling fake wood furniture is shabby - do not stay here at any price

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank katarinaca
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I needed a place to stay in Fallbrook for a wedding and this place was perfect. The price is right, room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. I was only here for one night but it met my needs and I would stay here again. Staff was also friendly which is a plus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank foxyjoxy
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Be very clear: This is a motel. The rooms in the pictures are their "deluxe" rooms, which surround the pool. Their standard rooms are a bit smaller and darker.

If you are looking for an inexpensive place to lay your head - and that's ALL you're looking for -- the Fallbrook "Country Inn" will certainly meet your needs. I was looking for a bit more and wound up making alternative arrangements, but before that happened management was EXTREMELY ACCOMMODATING in their valiant efforts to meet my needs. As long as you're clear about what you want and what you're getting, this place will do just fine.

Room Tip: If you don't mind being close to the pool, definitely request a "deluxe" room.
Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Eraka R
Temecula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

During a "challenging" real estate transaction, I stumbled upon Fallbrook Country Inn! There are no coincidences....this place is amazing. More importantly, Neal and Vicky are kind and helpful. When asked about the accommodations, I knew that they cared while waiting for my reply. Virtually unheard of these days. Rooms are serviced daily. They are available and ready to assist when necessary. If you are in need of a clean, well cared for room (whether for vacation, get away or in a pinch), I highly recommend Fallbrook Country Inn.

Room Tip: While I've not stayed in the rooms by the pool, they look pretty popular!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Pala Mesa Resort
Holiday Inn Express Temecula
BEST WESTERN Country Inn
BEST WESTERN Country Inn
#10 of 19 in Temecula

Been to Fallbrook Country Inn? Share your experiences!