“Strange place”

Fallbrook Country Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Reviewed 24 May 2009

It is not even 10 % like in the pictures, the smell, the decoration, the place is a MOTEL with all the odds about a road place. Every thing and living areas were odd and dirty look. I asked they to showed me the place, I decide not to stay. SORRY I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE as it feel insecure.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 October 2008

Run down, unkept, unclean, twin top sheet and blanket on queen bed, curtains haning off rod, towels were dirty with long black hairs, carpet a mess. We complained to the managment and wanted to check out, they would not refund either nitght of our stay and we choose to pay and stay at another hotel as this on was so bad we could not sleep there!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2008

Pictures do not represent actual circumstances. This is not a B&B, it is a recondtioned older motel. Staff has a hard time communicateing and giving directions over the phone. My reservation was confused and unresolved at time of check in. The room was clean, but had a strange odor. There was a cigarette burn on the comforter and cobwebs in the corner

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2007

I had originally booked my stay at the Fallbrook Country inn with Orbitz.com for a wedding that i had to attend nearby. So i was shocked after having orginally paid my bill through orbitz, to find that FallBrook Country Inn also charged me as well for the same night stay. When i had called the inn to clarify why they charged me, the person I had talked to was very rude. I had explained to them the situation and at first the lady told me it was a charge for holding the room (HUH?). So I asked to speak to the manager, she said the manager is not here, then hung up. I called later on that day, asked if i could speak to the manager, they said "the manager is not here." This time i butted in with, "do you know when they will be in?", they said "tommorrow." So I asked to leave a message and have them get back to me, they took down my number and hung up on me. Never once called me back.

I've proceeded to call them and have had the same responce with no answers, further frustrating me. A couple of days ago, I was able to finally geta hold of someone at their inn who seemed willing to help me. She took down my name, number and confirmation number but has not called me back. I followed up later on that day to see if she had any answers, and once again got, "the manager is not here."

I've since gotten this taken care of by my own credit card company, who has setteled the dispute. I will never go back there. Please beware!

• Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank jenni9
Reviewed 3 November 2007

Booked this place through Orbitz. When we arrived, we were told that Orbitz had never booked with them--even though my husband's credit card had already been charged for 2 rooms (we were traveling with friends) and Orbitz had sent us an e-mail remind us of our upcoming stay 2 days before the trip.

Since they had no reservations for us, they gave us the last 2 rooms available that night (they were putting up evacuees from the local fires in the rest of the rooms). Both rooms smelled musty and were well-worn. There were dirty Kleenexes on the floor next to one of the beds. The road noise kept us awake all night; plus there are roosters nearby that started crowing at 3:30 a.m. The "continental breakfast" was almost non-existent, so we went out to breakfast at a nearby restaurant. Basically, it was a nightmare of an experience....I would not advise anyone to stay here!!

Also, my husband just called Orbitz who said they'd just spoken with the management of the Fallbrook Country Inn, who told Orbitz it was was the Inn's fault we didn't have reservations. My husband called the Inn back and they said they hadn't told Orbitz any such thing.

We'll avoid the Fallbrook Country Inn....and Orbitz....from now on.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank barbaradCalifornia
Reviewed 18 October 2007

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Fallbrook Inn this past weekend. We both enjoyed our extremely quiet and clean room, and the little kitchenette area was an added plus. The family who manage the Inn were very nice and helpful. Even if English is not their first language (as some other reviewer has complained) their pleasant and courteous manner easily made up for it. For example, when I asked about directions to our next location, their son came to the desk and looked up directions on the computer, then printed us a map. So xenophobes may prefer staying at the Marriot for $200 plus, but I found the Fallbrook to be pleasant, quieter than any hotel I've ever stayed in, and an excellent value.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Innsandouts
Reviewed 7 October 2007

Never written a review for a hotel before but this place made such an impression…………….

Foreign management in their pajamas upon our late arrival. Difficult to communicate with. I suppose that can be expected nowadays when staying at “lower star” locations.

The room had an old dusky smell. There was old fruit salad in the fridge from prior occupants! Sheets were worn and threadbare with some actual tears revealing a filthy old mattress. Garage sale looking furniture complimented the brick walled dungeon like room. Sink, dirty. Bathtub, dirty. Carpet, worn and dirty.

The layout of the property was reminiscent of a roadside motel you would see in a horror movie. Not retro style, but leftover from the past. We love a cozy place, but his was all around nasty.

Scheduled to stay for several nights. Slept a few hours in full clothing on top of towels for fear of contact with the filthy bedding. Checked out very early A.M. and found a nice place in Temecula instead.

Had purchased stay through “Priceline” but luckily had not paid in advance (like usual) due to the “County Inn’s” lack of technology.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BetterTrippin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown
#3 of 6 in Fallbrook
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula
Fairfield Inn & Suites Temecula
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Temecula Wine Country

Been to Fallbrook Country Inn? Share your experiences!