“Dissapointing. Not Worth The Price, But Hotel Restaurant EXCELLENT”
Review of Pala Mesa Resort

Pala Mesa Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Reviewed 1 February 2008

Went to Temecula region for an overnight stay from the Los Angeles area. Pala Mesa Resort was overpriced for what it was. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone for the price. It was disappointing and the room did not make for a relaxing get away. For that price, I have stayed in much nicer places, I was very disappointed. The rooms were decent size but not "nice". For some reason they were not inviting, you did not want to stay in them. I asked the person who I was traveling with how they felt and they said the exact same thing. The hotel photos online are also deceiving. Pictures online look lush, vast, private, it’s not like that. It is pretty much right off the road and the hotel rooms are right on the parking lot. The suites are the only ones that are more private, off of the parking lot.

However, the restaurant Aquaterra was amazing! Some of the best food I've ever had and I've been to several restaurants around the world. I would recommend anyone going to the area to try the restaurant for dinner. The Chilean Sea Bass was incredible

The hotel staff was courteous and nice.

Again, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone for the price. It was disappointing and the room did not make for a relaxing get away.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank drnkwine1

Reviewed 23 October 2007

We arrived Thursday October 18th as part of a large wedding party. When we booked the hotel 6 months prior we mentioned that we were with the wedding party, as to get a discount and to be close to the others who would be attending. When we arrived, the lady at the front counter looked at us like we were crazy. She had no idea what wedding we were talking about and could not guarantee us a room near each other. Before we arrived, we checked out the hotel website and discovered at Thursday night rates were much cheaper then what we were quoted. When we brought this to their attention, they did nothing. After asking if we could pay more to be near our other family members, they told us no, that no more rooms were available. We said fine and went to our rooms. What a disapointment. It was dark and didn't look very clean. We went to the bride's room, who had a nice patio and was much larger and she was paying the same as us. But she also had to be moved, as her screen door was ripped and her hot water heater was leaking. When elvauating out room, we noticed that not only did they have the most uncomfortable bed around, there were very few towels, which were not soft but a light in the bathroom was out.
We had a very lovely dinner Thursday night and the concegie gave us great direction to a winery. Friday morning breakfast was slow, cold and not good. Our bed was made, sheets were not changed and no toliteries were filled. Friday night was the rehearsal dinner, we had a cocktail hour before hand. The staff at the resturant was dumbfounded when we asked where the party was. We had to move our own tables together and wait patiently for drinks. Then we heard dinner would be an hour late due to the hotel. So we waited even longer. By the time we were allowed at the dinner the food was cold and bad at that. Buffet style and cold. We returned to our uncomfortable bed. Saturday was the day of the wedding. I'm not sure if the wedding planner was part of the hotel staff or not, but she was worthless. She had no idea of our questions and no direction for the wedding party. The scenery was beautiful! The food was yet again, COLD. Saturday night our room keys stopped working, we called and John (who will help with everything and made our stay pleasant) came up, let us in our room and ran down to get us two more keys. Checking out was difficult as well, they charged us for 5 movies we never watched.
I will not stay here again, the pool was small and boring. The hot tub looked dirty. For the price of a basic room while others got a suite with a patio for the same price, I was not impressed.
It was suppose to be an easy going weekend but instead it was full of problems.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank sandeigotrip
Reviewed 8 August 2007

This resort is wonderful! Highly recommended for those of you who love golf! The restaurant was superb with many different choices. Great outside patio dining. The rooms were VERY nice and up to par. In regards to the bed bug comment left by another TripAdvisor member....there were no bugs in site of our rooms! Our group had 7 total, and none of us had a problem with bugs!

I would HIGHLY recommend this property to any one who needs to get away!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank NistiQ
Reviewed 5 July 2007

Mediocre was the theme of this stay. With the exception of the grounds (which were beautiful), most everything else was just so-so.

We stayed there with a large group of people the weekend of June 30th as we attended a friend's wedding in the area. One gal in our group woke up with bed bug bites!!!!

Bed was comfy, room decor was updated and nice. BUT bathroom was one that you would find in a Motel 6. The toilet in our room was the slowest flushing toilet I've ever seen in my life.

Food in the Aquaterra restaurant on the grounds left a lot to be desired. Hubby and I ordered Philli Cheese Steak sandwiches...looked the the chef threw some meat, cheese, and peppers in a hot dog bun and nuked the whole thing.

And towards the end of our stay on the day of checkout, our key card became uncoded and wouldn't work. A staff member was assisting another guest two doors down from us. We asked her what we should do, and she just shrugged her shoulders and just mumbled that we should go to the office as she drove away on her golf cart...towards the office. No offer to let us hitch a ride with her.

Would NOT stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank KMelrose
Reviewed 1 May 2007

We stayed at this resort with a group of 14. I am a golfer and I appreciated the beautiful looking course. However, I did not play golf while I was there. The resort was very quiet, and peaceful. The restaurant for dinner was exceptional. The rooms were comfortable, nothing really out of the ordinary. However, the room was everything I needed including a refrigerator/coffee pot. I did some research on things to do in the area ahead of time. However, when I asked the front desk for a map, all they had were maps south of the hotel, the wine country is north of the hotel. So, just be prepared to know what you want to do while you are there.

• Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank rhorbacker
Reviewed 8 February 2007

The resort is very nice. Beautiful surroundings, and, although im personally not interested in golf, a beautiful golf course. The employees at the front desk, and in room service were very friendly, and quick. The Aqua Terra restaraunt also has a very friendly staff, with excellent service, and excellent food!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BrokenDays
Reviewed 19 October 2006

We were there on our honeymoon and our room was beautiful. It did smell a little musty and there wasn't much to do if you don't golf. The restaurant had great food, but overpriced. We had originally planned 2 nights there, but only stayed 1. It's really far from anything to do off property.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank justmarried1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Quality Inn Fallbrook I-15
5 mi away
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa
Carter Estate Winery and Resort

Been to Pala Mesa Resort? Share your experiences!