“Nice small, relaxing resort” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pala Mesa Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Pala Mesa Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Murrieta, California
“Nice small, relaxing resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We needed a quick little getaway and we're pleasantly surprised by the Pala Mesa Resort. Though it is smaller and a little older than some places, the atmosphere was very relaxing. The golf course is nicely taken care of, the food at the restaurant was VERY good, and our room was quite spacious and comfortable. The pool area is very nice with towels, showers, and a eating area with umbrellas, just make sure to bring food and drink with you. I would stay here again and join their Aqua Dinner Club, with discounts on room and food, ...and 2 free golf rounds

Room Tip: They all face the same direction, smaller rooms tend to have a better view for some reason, but then...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank muffinjen
PMRManagement, Front Office Manager at Pala Mesa Resort, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Jen,
I am glad that you were "pleasantly surprised" with our resort. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere, food, rooms, and grounds. Also, you are more than welcome to order carry-out from the restaurant and bring it to the pool for a picnic! I hope you picked up an Aquaterra Application! If not, you can always find it online. It is true that you get the great deals on food and rooms as well as other amenities. And don't forget Member Mondays! You get 50% off food and beverage at the restaurant. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

We love going to Pala Mesa Resort. The golf course is beautiful. Then the rooms are so relaxing. We love sitting on our porch after a round of golf to read or talk or snack. It just makes for a beautiful weekend. We go without our daughter so we can golf, but we see lots of families at the resort. There is a small enjoyable pool and a playground too.

Room Tip: 240-243 are single story so there is no one above you. We like that.:)
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kathleen H.,
I am so glad you enjoy coming to the Pala Mesa Resort. As you probably already know, we do pride ourselves on our outstanding golf course, and I am glad you are able to take advantage of that activity. I am glad you enjoy the rooms and the patio; it can definitely be a nice place to relax after a long day of golf like you said. We hope to see you again soon!
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

We had reserved a room the evening before our wedding in order to be fully prepared for the day ahead of us. On that evening before the wedding a large group of our friends, whom were also staying at your resort that night, got together at the Aqua Terra Restaurant for dinner. One of our Bridesmaids who has food allergies went to seek out the Restaurant manager Bridget to discretely discuss her allergies and see if she could recommend anything on the menu that would be safe for her to consume. Apparently that particular manager has little to no experience with food allergies and proceeded to be very rude and even poke fun at her, saying "You must not eat out that often" and repeatedly told her that the food prep staff was not available to inform them about what foods may be safe. I find this extremely unprofessional. There is a large number of people out there with food allergies and your restaurant staff, especially the management, should be informed about your menu so they can give appropriate responses to your guests who have these concerns.

Room Tip: some of the "downstairs" rooms have back patios. the corresponding upstairs rooms have sli...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Andy T
Dear Andy T.,
I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the response received by the restaurant manager. I understand your concerns about the food allergies and being properly informed about the menu. I hope that if you return to our resort, we will be able to make a good second impression about how great our staff and service can be. Other than the small issue with the restaurant, I hope you had a great stay and congratulations on the wedding. I hope that everything went smoothly!

Travellers are raving about these Fallbrook hotels

Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

A nice secluded place to go and enjoy some down time. not much to do in the actual resort with the exception of golfing and hitting the pool. the rooms are clean and spacious but do need to be upgraded the pool/spa are needs a serious remolding! but over all it was nice to be away from the city for a while. the resort is not far from Pechenga Casino and Temecula wineries so if you're looking to do some other activities, you are close enough to venture out. the restaurant on site offered live music the nights that we were there (friday and saturday night) the grounds are very pretty. there was a wedding on saturday night and our room was right next to the reception so it was a little loud but not unbearable

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Claudia H.,
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Although you are correct about the golf and pool being our main amenities, I am glad you realized the other attractions that are close to our resort as well like Pala and Pechanga Casino, Temecula Wineries, Old Town Temecula, and even Downtown San Diego if you wanted to do a little more driving. I am glad you were pleased with the "clean and spacious" room, and I think you will delight in hearing that we are planning a major renovation in 2014. Hopefully when you come to visit us again you will be happy to see the changes we have made. We look forward to seeing you again!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed as a wedding guest for four days. The limited menu offers in-room dining on Saturdays and Sundays only. The staff is very service oriented and obviously did whatever they could to make me feel comfortable. I loved it - would happily return!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank RoadRunner1444
Dear RoadRunner1444,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Pala Mesa Resort. I hope the wedding was just as enjoyable! Although Room Service is only offered on the weekends, you are always more than welcome to order carry-out from the restaurant on any day of the week. I am so glad that you also recognized our strong dedication to outstanding service. That is one of the aspects we pride ourselves on here at the resort. I hope we can look forward to seeing you again soon.
San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

I enjoyed my stay. Very relaxing atmosphere. Front Desk and restaurant staff were very nice and willing to accommodate. Could use more on-premises activities other than golf and workout center. Food was good. My room was clean and comfy.. liked the bed! The TV was outdated and needs upgrading.

Room Tip: Rooms facing golf course and balconies. My room was a non-smoking room and very clean.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank AnitaBL
Dear Anita,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and am happy to hear that the staff was welcoming and accommodating. I understand your concerns about wanting more on-site activities; however, that is one of the great things about the location of our resort. We are very close to casinos, wineries, and Old Town Temecula. I am glad that you were comfortable during your stay though. I think you will be happy to hear that we are expecting a major renovation in 2014; so that means the flatscreen TVs will be in ALL the rooms. I hope you come to visit us again soon for another "Get-Away"!
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Stayed on a leisure trip one night. Rooms are very dated with old CRT TV's with snow and static. In room refrigerator was warm with no temp controls. Grounds are bucolic but landscaping is spotty. Restaurant was very good with more than reasonable prices and friendly service.
Very green and "amateur" front desk staff. Very warm on the afternoon of 3 May for San Diego and I could not get the room ro cool down. Armoire drawers would not close. Bathroom tiny and with tired fixtures. Room ammenites such as soap and shampoo were more on the scale of what you probably would get at a Motel 6. Having worked in the hospitality business I asked who owns/manages the property and was told "a couple of guys who own some Jack In The Box's too". It clearly showed as this was a very sub par place-- but if they sunk a few million dollars in renovations it could be a gem. Staff at Sushi Bar and restaurant were the best part of the experience.Would NOT stay here again.Ceiling in room clearly had some water damage and it was discolored. Beds are doubles and SMALL.

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms up the hill - newer I am told with HDTV's. Avoid the "lower" rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank 808alldaykb
Dear 808alldaykb,
I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay here at the Pala Mesa Resort. I understand your concerns about the dated effects of the resort, but I think you will be pleased to find out that we are expecting major renovations in 2014. This should cover all of the issues you touched upon, such as the TVs and furniture. I regret to hear that you were not pleased with the Front Desk Team. That department has also been through a few changes as well, and we do have some new employees. I am glad to hear, however, that you thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant and food. I hope once the renovations have been made to the resort you will consider revisiting us. Thank you for your concerns.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Temecula Creek Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown
Carter Estate Winery and Resort

Been to Pala Mesa Resort? Share your experiences!