“Breathtaking Wedding!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Etiwanda, California
“Breathtaking Wedding!”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Our daughter was married at Pala Mesa Resort on January 4, 2014. The grounds and landscaping were neatly manicured and extremely clean. It was wonderful for the girls to all get ready in the bridal suite. That was very handy. Luciana, Briana, and the entire wedding staff were fabulous and so friendly and polite. I would recommend this venue for a wedding to anyone that asked me. Our day was so special and beautiful. It was flawless! We especially enjoyed when the best man rang the bell after the ceremony. Blessings!

Room Tip: The second story rooms are best because the ceilings are vaulted.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
PMRManagement, Front Office Manager at Pala Mesa Resort, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Vintagemermaidmum,

I am so happy to hear that your daughter and son-in-law had a wonderful wedding. It is comforting to know that our grounds, as well as the staff, met your expectations for the big day. I hope that the service you received will make you want to come visit us again soon! Also, I'm glad you enjoyed the bell-ringing following the ceremony--always a favorite tradition here at the Pala Mesa Resort.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My review is way overdue, but I wanted to say just how wonderful by daughter's October 2013 wedding was at this resort. We had many out of town guests stay at the resort and everyone mentioned the wonderful guest service and beautful wedding venue.

I would highly recommend the resort if you're looking to plan an unforgettable destination wedding!

Room Tip: Hillside Rooms are large and secluded.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Leslieamercado,

I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful wedding experience with us, and thank you for choosing us as your venue! I am glad that you and your guests received exceptional customer service. Hopefully we will see you again soon!
San Clemente, California
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed two nights and played 90 holes of golf for $400. You cant beat that.
Great breakfast in the morning before you play at the restauraurant and happy hour as you wrap it up at dusk.
We were happy with the room, hot tub, etc. Golf Course was challenging bc of the greens but fun.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
PMRManagement, Manager at Pala Mesa Resort, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear robert w,

Thanks for enjoying one of our most popular packages! Throughout my years here I get the most positive comments about how great of a deal our Unlimited Golf Package is. If you are an avid golfer, there really isn't a better deal around. Especially with our top 200 golf course in the US!
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here after Playing at Pala Casino- they were all booked- and found this resort surprisingly charming. Appears to be an older place that needs renovation and some updating but it is charming. The heater was not working too well and last night was exceptionally cold, 31 degrees Fahrenheit. After calling the lobby they brought up a portable heater for us and once it got warm we were just fine. It was super late when we arrived -4AM- and we were offered to switch rooms but we were too tired to do that and it was too cold to drag luggages out of one room and go into another. Thus, the portable heater worked out ok. This morning the weather was amazing and we went swimming and tried the spa as well. Very nice and clean with perfect temperature. This resort is nested between mountains minutes from Pala and Pechanga casino, and absolutely a charming place. Has plenty of trees with lovely landscaping and a large golf course. The lobby is beautifully decorated for Christmas with live poinsettia plants and a large tree tastefully decorated. Staff is very friendly, clean and smiling. I like that. We had a terrific lunch at their restaurant. Tried different dishes and all were gourmet and healthy. We dined on the patio which overlooked a lovely golf course, a pond and a peaceful mountain setting. Ultimate relaxation at this hide away place. I highly recommend it. We learned that the place is getting updating and renovating to fix things and I can't wait to see what will be done. As I said, it is an older place that needs renovation but the beds were clean, terrific view from our room, large flat screen TV, clean bathroom and super friendly staff makes us want to come back. Also, you must try the menu here. Very nice combination of items including bison, trout, salmon, sushi, burgers, steaks and gourmet salad varieties. The cheese plate with Maytag Blue Cheese and fig was very European. Hats off to the chef for a beautiful menu and great flavors. We tried several dishes including their beef soup and it was yummy. Service was excellent. Had 5 people looking after us to make sure everything was good. I gave a 5 star review because of all these reasons. Although renovations are very needed I will return here because I enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear BeataBallo,

Thank you for your stay and your wonderful review! Comments like yours make it all worth it in the hospitality industry, and next time you come visit may I recommend the Salmon Club Sandwich in the AquaTerra. It is my absolute favorite.
Hacienda Heights, California
Reviewed 2 January 2014

upon arrival theproperty grounds look like a resort the lobby is nicely decorated and well appointed staff was great and very helpful we were told we were upgraded I thought wow this is great .as we drove further in to the complex it began to look like an apartment complex upon entering our room it really felt like a motel there is nothing resort ish about this place . however room was clean smelled a bit musty but if you are just looking for a place to stay it is fine. I would tell anyone that if you can get a nightly rate of $100 or less that would be ok anything more would be ridiculous. in desperate need of renovations.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Caligirl35,

I do understand your concerns about the aesthetics of P.M.R., since we are an older resort. (Originally built in the 1960's) We are always making sure we offer the best service to all of our guests, and it's evident we didn't fall short of that during your check in process. Having said that you did mention that renovations should be in order, and I am here to tell you that they are on the way! Pala Mesa Resort will be beginning property wide renovations in the following year. Thanks again for staying with us. Hoping to see you soon.
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I made an appointment to meet with the wedding manager since we would be up in the area. We never have days off together so we tried to see as many places as possible together as we could. When we arrived they informed us the manager was not in on that day but we'd be meeting with someone else. She couldn't answer any questions we had and all she did was show us where it would be held. The site was still a mess from the previous weekends wedding and it was hard to imagine holding our wedding there with cigarette butts and beer bottles laying around.

It was extremely frustrating because if we had driven all the way just to see this location it would have ruined our wedding experience.

Will not be returning. Very unprofessional.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CheetahBre
PMRManagement, Manager at Pala Mesa Resort, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for considering Pala Mesa Resort for your Wedding. We’ve had an opportunity to review your comments about us, and we are very disappointed to learn that you had a bad experience with our handling of your appointment. Unfortunately for personal reasons the Wedding Manager was not in that day and she could not meet with you. As you stated we agree that some remnants of a very large wedding from the previous night. We assure you our banquets staff were working around the clock to clean it up. Ultimately guest service and a pleasant experience is the issue most remembered about a hotel visit and we apologize that we did not live up to your expectations.

Best Wishes,

The Wedding Department

Travellers are raving about these Fallbrook hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I coordinated a retreat for a group of women at this resort. My group was very satisfied. The staff is excellent and very attentive. Shout out to Ben who went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of. Our group especially loved the outdoor water features and areas for quiet reflection. I definitely recommend for groups.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
PMRManagement, Front Office Manager at Pala Mesa Resort, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear DeShawn_Wynn,

I am glad that you enjoyed your time here at the Pala Mesa Resort. We do pride ourselves on excellent customer service, so I'm glad that we were able to wow you. Since you mentioned the quiet areas for reflection and water features, I assume you were at one of our two wedding sites. They are definitely beautiful and relaxing! We hope to see you and your ladies here again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Temecula Creek Inn
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown
Carter Estate Winery and Resort

Been to Pala Mesa Resort? Share your experiences!