“Nice people and golf, rooms so-so.”
Review of Pala Mesa Resort

Pala Mesa Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We didn't come for the golf, just a place close to the family wedding. The employees were extremely helpful and friendly and the grounds were pretty too. Unfortunately, for the money spent, the rooms were very dated. They were clean, large, but not in the best repair. Everything worked, more or less, but looked worn out and only touched up. I guess more money goes into the golf, not the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
PMRManagement, Front Office Manager at Pala Mesa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Kathy B.,

I am happy that you enjoyed the grounds, and hopefully the wedding too! I am sorry the rooms were not to your liking. We are expecting a major renovation this year that will encompass the entire resort. This will take care of any of the dated amenities that you may have experienced. I hope that you will choose to give us a second chance once the upgrades are finished. I hope we will see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Pala Mesa Resort

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I was put up in this hotel for 4/3 nights. It was a promotional gift by Welk Resorts. I needed to attend a 90 presentation to receive it. I had never been to Fallbrook. I had to look on a map to make sure there was such a town.

As I drove in, the charm of the place immediately engulfed me. It is an older resort, which has given time for all the trees and plants time to find their places and thrive and thrive they have. It is like a small botanical garden with birds, butterflies and hummingbirds all around. There is a pagoda perfect for meditation (with I did alot of) weddings or baptisms (which I was witness to). There is a golf course, which was beautiful and many people were using.

When you sit on the restaurant patio you have beautiful views of the mountains near by where some excellent wine is grown. It is 10 minutes to Temecula...a charming small town where you also can catch buses for wine tours. You are 20 minutes to Oceanside, where I went and discovered a arts/crafts fair with food and entertainment. I grabbed some food and sat on the beach and watched the sunset. That was my FIRST night.

There is also a fantastic fransican mission on way to beach that is the bomb!! Don't miss it.
Anyway, I hate to say it, but after my 90 min. tour and presentation at the Welk's resort, the Pala would still be my choice. Even if I had a million dollars. The Welk resort was beautiful, but devote of any character. Now the rooms at the Pala are very clean, but they are old. They probably should have new carpeting put in...atleast in my room and the toilet backed up. But they were quick to respond to issues AND despite all that, I would come back. I slept well every nite. Thank you to your landscaper and to the really nice staff. Best...

Room Tip: Don't know how much that room is, BUT there is a fantastic room that over looks the waterfall. I...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Lynn B

Lynn B.,

I am happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time here during your stay! We have a lot of Welk guests stay with us, and it is great to get such amazing feedback. It sounds like you had a very relaxing time, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is a great place to stay, the best food from the Aqua Terra restaurant. The brunch was so good and great views from every seat. Beautiful grounds, very well kept. Loved just walking the grounds, so beautiful and serene. Lots to do in the area. The rooms were clean and very comfortable beds.
The staff is super helpful and friendly. I'm a new fan of this place and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Debbie B.,

Thank you so much for the comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, as well as the scenery. I hope that we will see you again very soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Thje 'Stay and Play' Package is a perfect set-up for a group of golfers. The Golf Course was in Great shape. The Room was very nice and right on the golf course too. The Restaraunt and Bar Food and Service were more than expected and the Staff was all very helpful. Two rounds of Golf on a championship course and a room for around a $100-it was PERFECT for our group of golfers. You can't beat it. Can't wait to get back and do it again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Jim K.,

As I'm sure you understand, the Stay & Play packages are a very common favorite. I am happy to hear that you had a chance to enjoy the course. I hope it wasn't too hard. I hope that we can see you again very soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Lovely open air wedding setting. Great room with a comfortable bed and large bathroom. We enjoyed a very good breakfast on the terrace in the company of a humming bird - just a shame it was not included in the price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Pauline & David B.,

I am so glad you enjoyed the wedding! So far as the restaurant is concerned, we do offer Bed & Breakfast packages. If you do decide to stay with us again, make sure you inquire about it! Also, sometimes certain sites like Groupon and Travel Zoo offer vouchers for purchase that include the night's stay as well as breakfast. We hope we can have the pleasure of catering to you again soon!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Best kept secret in Northern San Diego county. Yes, the place is a little dated, but it very clean, the grounds are stunning and the Aquaterra restaurant was outstanding. There may be places that are fancier, or more fashionable... But not as charming, quiet, and serene.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Edward B
PMRManagement, Front Office Manager at Pala Mesa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Edward B.,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will visit us again soon! Also, as for the resort being a tad dated, you will be happy to know that we are expecting a huge renovation this year! Hopefully you will like the resort even more once the changes have been made.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Outstanding! Wonderful staff and the grounds are amazing. Front desk staff person was very helpful and the food was great. The waitress was very informed about local hiking trails as well. Will definitely be back.....and soon!!

Room Tip: Excellent, excellent, excellent!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Robert R.,

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Pala Mesa Resort. We pride ourselves on great customer service, and it sounds like that is exactly what you received. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Quality Inn Fallbrook I-15
#5 of 19 in Temecula
Carter Estate Winery and Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown

Been to Pala Mesa Resort? Share your experiences!