“All Good!!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Whittier, California, United States
“All Good!!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Me and a few buddies purchased a golf package threw group golfer for this resort. The package included unlimited golf and one night lodging at the resort for $79. This was a deal, the course was nice and the stay was great. I read some reviews before hand so it made me think that It might not be as good. I was totally wrong, everything there was awesome, from the customer service to the golfing and the on site restaurant. I would recommend and love to play this course again. Don't miss out peeps!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
PMRManagement, Front Office Manager at Pala Mesa Resort, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
David F.,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. All stay and play packages are very common here, so I'm glad you got to enjoy the course as well. Thank you for the feedback, and we hope to see you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
BAKERSFIELD
Reviewed 24 June 2014

There is a keurig in the room so bring some KCups! (they charge $1 ea if you want extra)! We stayed the last weekend of May which was the Temecula Valley Wine and Balloon Festival, so it was perfect. Another review had a horrible experience this same weekend and that is so unfortunate because we loved it! Our room was clean and quiet, nice view of trees, near the pool and jacuzzi but we didn't use either. The grounds were beautiful - a little water fall you can walk up and so green and fragrant with several gazebos around. The restaurant was really good - there was a Fleetwood Mac tribute band playing and many people came out just for them - they were good and they play there often. Two nice guys offered to share their table with my husband and I because the patio filled up quickly. The baked stuffed avocado was amazing, as was the Fallbrook Cabernet we had..... I even got my husband to dance a bit. We ate breakfast at the restuarant the next morning and it was very tasty, good prices. On Sunday, they offer a buffet breakfast, but honestly the menu breakfast was better! There was a wedding one evening that took up pretty much all the parking, but we were lucky there was one empty space, right in front of our room. The wedding was noisy if you were outside, but we couldn't hear it in our room at all. We were only there for a promo we were attending at the nearby Lawrence Welk property - but we loved it so much. I hope we have an opportunity to go back sometime. Also, some rooms had bbqs or shared patios with a bbq - some rooms had balconies... ours didn't have these items, so I don't know what the difference would have been in price? But we loved our room... and I hate seeing that people refer to it as run down... maybe we just got lucky? but I didn't see a need for renovation at all.... but I agree, its not exactly a posh "resort" but it was perfect for us!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AHAMMONS
AHammons,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Pala Mesa Resort. I'm glad you had a chance to walk around and really enjoy the beautiful scenery surrounding the resort. It sounds like we can definitely expect you back soon! Thank you!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We booked as a travel golf deal with breakfast and were very pleased. Clean room and facilitie, bath room a little warn but not a real issue for a property of this period, comfortable bed. The staff was very friendly. The restaurant was nice we had a great breakfast. I would have been pleased if I had paid twice what I did. We will return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Linda P.,

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are doing a major renovation here soon. So I can assure you that the next time you come the bathroom issue will be fixed. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Pala Mesa uses the label "Resort" liberally. It is a set of condo style buildings next to a golf course with a small pool/jacuzzi and ancient fitness center. It is more of a depressing retirement community than a hotel/resort. The rooms, buildings, and other facilities are in serious need of renovation (may be the original from the 1960s??).

However, I am still giving the Pala Mesa 4 stars due to:
- fantastic restaurant which was surprisingly creative and delicious. better than many high end restaurants in LA area. Food, drinks, dessert - all was great. also featured live music on the outdoor patio.
- staff was friendly and helpful
- relaxing location close to wine tasting and hiking trails

Overall, mixed feelings about Pala Mesa - absolutely recommend the restaurant but if you plan to stay at hotel, set your expectations accordingly.

Room Tip: Restaurant was fantastic
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bucky6478
Bucky6478,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the room accommodations, but we are about to break ground on a major renovation throughout the entire property. We are an older resort, but I hope that if you decide to return after the upgrades are done you will be able to see a major difference. I am happy that everything else seemed to be to your liking. Thank you!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My daughter & son-in-law just got married at Pala Mesa last weekend, and we could not have been happier with the venue, service, and quality of Pala Mesa resort & hotel. The staff truly went above & beyond with every request - to always do everything to assist us, and our family and friends. And the venue was beautiful, and if you are in the military - this is an especially desirable place to have a wedding - as they are great to work with, and in the event we might have had a conflict due to a deployment, they would have worked with us to reschedule (versus losing the $ - as you do with many places)! Anyhow, I just can't say enough - we had a wonderful weekend filled with beautiful memories, and Pala Mesa was such a huge part of that! (and if you are parents of the bride, I would definitely recommend reserving their larger patio room - it was a wonderful place to visit with our out of town company during the weekend, versus really just getting to visit with them at the wedding... it was well worth the extra money for that room/space). Enjoy :)

Room Tip: Well worth the extra $ to stay in the hillside rooms... I believe they are a little newer, and we re...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
KCroupe,

It is great to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us. I am sure the wedding was beautiful, and congratulations to your daughter & son-in-law! We wish them many happy married years to come!
Irvine, California
Reviewed 2 June 2014

we take advantage of the unlimited golf package and golf at least 2 rounds per day and stay for several nights.its only 1 hour from our home in Irvine so it's convenient. we always have breakfast and dinner in the restaurant as the food is the best in the area.this is a great deal. Rich G.

Room Tip: we enjoy staying on the "hill". the rooms seem bigger and it's close to the spa!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Rich G.,

Thank you so much for the great feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. As I'm sure you know, the stay and play package is one of our most popular packages, so I'm glad you got to take advantage of that as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 June 2014

So my Girlfriend had booked our stay last Saturday several weeks in advance expecting a quiet romantic get away. We had a hot air ballon ride for the next morning that we had to arrive by 6:00 AM so getting some rest in order to get an early start in a resort setting seemed like a no-brainer right? Wrong! There was a wild party next door with several people drinking and carrying on like a frat house ... all the parking spots even remotely close to our room were occupied, because there was a wedding party at the resort that took up all the legal spaces as well as illegally parking even blocking the walkway to our room. We decided to go out for dinner to get away from the noise and hoping to come back later and find parking near our room as we still had not been able to unload our luggage. Got back from a late dinner around 11PM, even more illegally parked cars and ZERO parking available in areas designated for "GUESTS" On top of that, there was a wedding reception going on about 100 yards away from our room that had blairing music going. We unloaded our suitcases and took them in the room then I drove about 1/4 from the building to the Golf Course parking lot to park for the night. I went inside and voice my dissapointment in being unable to find parking near our room and mentioned that cars were illegally parked making for a unsafe condition and that the walkway to get to our room was blocked by one of the illegallly parked cars. The young night clerk at the front counter was oblivious and simply said that a wedding was responsible for the lack of parking and that they had requested the wedding party park in the main lot they had been told to park. He then offered to have one of the staff give me a ride back to my room since I had to park so far away, however, they had difficulties locating a key to the golf cart they were going to use, after waiting for another 10 minutes they finally located the key... we get out front and into the cart and when he tried to drive off.. it died. So then the guy said he would get one of the work trucks... after a few minutes of searching for those keys, he started wondering around the lot trying to find the truck... after following him around aimlessly it was apparant to me I was better off hiking back to the room on foot. I told him thanks for the effort but I'll walk as I needed to get some sleep, by this time it was 12:30 AM and I had to be up at 5 A.M. to drive up to Temecula for the hot air balloon outing. I get back to the room, and all we can hear is the loud music booming through the walls until about 2 A.M. So much for a relaxing get away! On this particular visit, it was obvious that the Guest staying in the rooms at the resort were secondary to any consideration. The wedding group was given all the attention... we felt very much blown off and very dissapointed. We should have stayed at a motel 6 instead of overpaying for a room that we could not have a resonable stay. As far as the room it's self, not bad but as another poster mentioned, they rooms are very dated, the paint in the bathroom was worn and flaking off in areas, something that a little maintinance would have remedied. Overall, I felt like our stay was very dissapointing and would not reccomend Pala Mesa Resort after our bad experience.

Room Tip: Find out if there is going to be partying going on next to your room before booking your stay if you...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Commensense
Commonsense,

I am sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy your stay. Unfortunately, parking is limited, and, although we ask wedding guests who are not staying at the hotel to park in the main lot, some do not always listen. As far as illegally parked guests, those people would have been subjected to towing. I am sorry that we were not able to get you a ride back up to your room in a timely manner. As far as the rooms go, we are about to break ground for a major renovation. This will take care of the dated amenities within the rooms. I hope that you will give us a second chance to prove that we can provide a relaxing getaway. If you do choose to stay again, please email me at jbryant@palamesa.com, and I will give you a free night. Thank you.

Jarred

Travellers are raving about these Fallbrook hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Temecula Creek Inn
Quality Inn Fallbrook I-15
#5 of 6 in Fallbrook
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown
Carter Estate Winery and Resort

Been to Pala Mesa Resort? Share your experiences!