“Great place for golf and relaxation”
Review of Pala Mesa Resort

Pala Mesa Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Los Angeles, California
“Great place for golf and relaxation”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our daughter gifted us with a golf getaway weekend at this resort. In telling my friends where we were going, I found that it is often confused with the Pala Casino. This is NOT the casino, it is a golf resort with a great restaurant on site. We were in a deluxe room, which means we got a spacious room along the golf course with a patio overlooking the course. The buildings are a bit dated, but kept very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The swimming pool is not too large, but does get plenty of sun even though the area is surrounded by beautiful grown trees.
By playing golf on a Thursday, rather than a weekend, we were able to enjoy the course without any waiting time. It is a very popular and challenging course.
We did not have dinner at the restaurant, but it was great for appetizers and drinks. The views are beautiful and the pace is slow and relaxing.

Room Tip: Rooms are scattered about the property in small clusters. Some have mountain views, others have golf...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
PMRManagement, Front Office Manager at Pala Mesa Resort, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Aandmrun,

I am glad to hear that you had a relaxing stay. As crazy as the end of the week can get at the resort, it's nice to hear that we managed to accommodate a calm environment for you. We are expecting major renovations this year--which will take care of the tired buildings. We hope you will come back once everything has been upgraded and golf with us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
California
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Do not spend your money at this hotel. To say its a resort is pretty much lying. The golf course is nice but that's about it. The food at the restaurant is average at best. They still have the big box tv's and the rooms are in bad need of a full remodel. The cable isn't digital nor is there a guide to see what's on. When you change the channel you see snow, then another channel is a show, then another is snow again. It was so frustrating. The room smelled like a barn and the shower filled up and slowly drained.I felt like I was staying at super 8 or even a lesser motel. We live close and just wanted a weekend getaway but we will not be staying there again. It was a complete waste of our money. We wanted to check out after the first night but we already had a sitter for the weekend so we stayed. We headed home at 8:30am. That should tell you how bad it was.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank CaliforniaBackpacker
CaliforniaBackpacker,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I hope that you were informed upon checkout that we are going to be starting a major renovation of the entire resort this year. This will encompass the restaurant, lobby, pro shop, rooms--everything. If you would like to come visit us again once these renovations are done, I would be more than happy to give you a free night. Just shoot me an email at jbryant@palamesa.com, and I would be more than happy to accommodate you.

Jarred

Travellers are raving about these Fallbrook hotels

Woodland hills
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at The Pala Mesa Resort. Great value, great location and great staff.I would definitely recommend this resort for an enjoyable family getaway!

This stay was truly beyond our expectations!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Abdys,

I am happy to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us. It sounds like we were able to provide you with an enjoyable environment. We hope to see you again very soon!
Oakland, California
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I grew up in nearby Fallbrook, and, when I was young, the Pala Mesa Resort was the fanciest place to take a family or date around. That was in the 70's - and very little has changed.
If you are planning a wedding and need a venue, come to the Pala Mesa Resort: if you love golf and want to play on a convenient, well kept up course, come to the Pala Mesa Resort. Otherwise...
The rooms are serviceable, but barely. I had very low water pressure the entire length of my last visit (3 days) while in the area on business. The television is a early 90's tube model, and the station list has very little to do with what is actually on. Parking was hit-or-miss, since wedding parties would often overflow into rooms for nights of partying. The resort's restaurant has good breakfasts, but is pricey. The hotel is easily outshone by many in Temecula, but is closest to Fallbrook, which is why I stayed there.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, ask for a room far away from the wedding venue on weekends.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jim M.,

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the golf course and wedding venues, but I'm sorry to hear that the rooms were not up to your standards. We are expecting a major renovation this year that is expected to break ground soon. I hope you will come back once these changes are made to see how we really have grown. Thank you again for your comments.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I took a much needed getaway to rest and beat the heat of Phoenix. The grounds are beautiful, the staff pleasant, the golf course excellent and the restaurant adequate. We enjoyed peaceful evening walks in beautiful weather. The rooms were retro 70's BUT unfortunately have a great need to be upgraded. They have 26" tube TV's in the room. We found a huge brown spider in the ironing board. The greatest issue was the walls were paper thin. With the TV fully on, we could still clearly hear the people in the next room. We found ourselves whispering the entire time we were in the room in order to maintain privacy. If the issues were resolved we would make this a regular getaway for rest and relaxation.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lloyd B.,

I am glad you enjoyed most of the grounds throughout your stay. You will be pleased to hear that we are doing a major renovation of the whole resort this year. We hope you will come back once the rooms and buildings are upgraded. By then the issues you mentioned should be completely resolved. Thank you for the comments!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Perfect place to stay. Lovely grounds, nice restaurant, and convenient to meet with family and friends. We hiked up to the nearby Winery but found owners not available to serve us. Other than that, the trip was awesome. Hotel a little dated (old-fashioned tv's)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
GLandeis,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the majority of your stay. I'm sure you have heard of our upcoming renovations that will be breaking ground this year. This will update the rooms, and TVs. I'm sorry to hear that the winery was not able to accommodate you. They are brand new, but I know they are only open to the public Wednesday-Sunday. We hope that you will come visit us again soon!
Whittier, California, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Me and a few buddies purchased a golf package threw group golfer for this resort. The package included unlimited golf and one night lodging at the resort for $79. This was a deal, the course was nice and the stay was great. I read some reviews before hand so it made me think that It might not be as good. I was totally wrong, everything there was awesome, from the customer service to the golfing and the on site restaurant. I would recommend and love to play this course again. Don't miss out peeps!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
David F.,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. All stay and play packages are very common here, so I'm glad you got to enjoy the course as well. Thank you for the feedback, and we hope to see you again very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Temecula Creek Inn
Fallbrook Country Inn
#4 of 6 in Fallbrook
Carter Estate Winery and Resort
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown

Been to Pala Mesa Resort? Share your experiences!