“Motel disguised as a hotel!!”
Review of Pala Mesa Resort

Pala Mesa Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Reviewed 20 January 2010

Me and my husband were placed at Pala Mesa for a night before a Timeshare tour with Welk's Resort. Even though the stay was free for us (paid by Welk's), I would not come back again..even if it was free. The hotel is very run down and even though they tried to "update" the look, it comes off as a very cheap attempt. The air unit inside the room was so old it made loud noises throughout the night and it kept waking us up. Besides that, I woke up in the middle of the night itching. Yep.. bed bugs. I couldn't sleep all night because of the itching. It was a little better when I slept on the chair but my neck was in pain after. I had such a horrible night....did not sleep a wink at all. I would rather stay at a Motel 6 than this place again.

Only thing good about the hotel is at least the staff was nice. but that's about it.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snakesonplane

Reviewed 6 January 2010

Don't be fooled by the photos on their website. I wouldn't pay more than $30 for their smelly old ugly rooms. Shame on you Pala Mesa! You shouldn't call your place as an resort. It's a ghetto apartment complex.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank guyber03
Reviewed 30 December 2009

We stayed one night at the Pala Mesa primarily for the purpose of wine-tasting in the Temecula area. We booked through Expedia and got a reasonable price (~$80 I think) so I'm reviewing the room at that price.

The room was at the 'cheap' end of the resort (literally and figuratively) and was one of five in a block. Initial impressions were good although the ceiling could have used a new coat of paint. The room is average size with nice furniture and a smallish Zenith TV. There is Internet but it's not Wi-Fi. The bed was very big and comfortable.

The bathroom looked like it needed a lot of work. The enamel was peeling off the bathtub and the marble counter had been dropped, broken in half, then crudely glued back together. The whole bathroom was in desperate need of refurbishing. It looked like it had been imported from a $30 a night mid-Kansas motel. The soap and shampoo was very nice, though.

There was a balcony area that looked out over a small garden and onto the tennis courta beyond. Absolutely lovely. No noise from the tennis court or the freeway in the distance, but some from our neighbor. It looked like four of the five units in our block were occupied but there was no undue noise disturbed us.

Checkin was great, the staff were very professional, parking was ample - although the asphalt was so poorly laid I needed 4x4 to get over the bumps into my spot (I'm not kidding).

All in all this room was worth $80. I think if I had paid the going rate I would have knocked a star off.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2009

This place could not have been worse- for $200 a night we got super outdated room with filthy carpets and broken appliances. Upon arrival you're greeted by not so friendly personnel and are required to pay before even seeing this horrible room. Once you decide to change the room or complain, forget about it, cause you're stuck. Horrible customer service, not child friendly at all, the place is right by the freeway. Honeslty I would have not booked this room even for free!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ankarusskaya
PMRManagement, Guest Services Director at Pala Mesa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2009

Thank you for choosing the Pala Mesa Resort on your recent visit to North San Diego. I have had the opportunity to review the survey that you completed, and was disappointed to learn that you had a bad experience at our property. Ultimately, guest service and a pleasant experience is the issue most remembered about a hotel visit and I apologize that we did not live up to your expectations or deliver our customary level of service we intended to. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you are confident that I understand your concerns and we are addressing our shortcomings so this is appropriately mitigated in the future. I want to thank you for taking the time to let me know about your experience. Without your feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. Please feel free to contact me directly next time you are in the area and I will personally handle your overnight reservations.

Director of Guest Services- Dell Dellinger

Reviewed 21 October 2009

For the $$ you cant come close to the deals here at the Pala Mesa Resort. The rooms are nice nothing extravagant and wasnt expecting it for the price but c'mon you can stay for the entire weekend, play 2 rounds of golf a day with cart and dont pay more than $260 I wish somebody can beat that.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2009

In three days of staying here, the restaurant tired to overcharge me no less than three times! I think they are running a scam. They say it is computer error but what computer charges different prices each time for the same thing??
Send your bill back to be corrected for charging too much and it comes back higher!! Why, because now they raise the prices on the other items on the bill!
Will give you a good laugh though.
This place must have changed hands in the last couple of years. It never used to be like this and the quality has gone with it. Good luck.
P.S. the rooms are ok but smell a bit funky. The hotel staff is nice enough.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
PalaMesaGM, General Manager at Pala Mesa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2009

Greetings moediego,
Thank you for your recent review re: your stay with us as well as the frustration you encountered re: your restaurant bill. I apologize for the inconvenience and am currently researching the situation to ensure we don't have more guests experiencing the same problem. I want to assure you that we are in no way shape or form running any type of scam. Please know that guest satisfaction is very important to us and I hope that you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves and serve you again in the future. Please contact me directly to make a reservation for a guest room or dinner reservation and I'll personally handle for you. Thank you again for your feedback, and most importantly thank you for your business.

PalaMesaGM

Reviewed 8 October 2009

I was set up with a room at this hotel, and I can not complain about the stay. The lobby is very nice but gives a false sense of the hotel. The rooms were fine, but were set up in Motel style.

This was not the most convenient place to stay, 45 minutes from San Diego, 2 hours from LA, and 45 minutes from the closest beach. Although I do have to say that it was really nice to just be away from everything.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Quality Inn Fallbrook I-15
Fallbrook Country Inn
Fallbrook Country Inn
#1 of 6 in Fallbrook
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula

Been to Pala Mesa Resort? Share your experiences!