“Econo in the name says it all”

Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego
“Econo in the name says it all”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Econo Lodge is a no frills operation with the basic amenities of microwave, refrigerator, tv and free WiFi. There have been some recent exterior upgrades to what is an older structure, and for those requiring ADA access, request a first floor room as there is no elevator on the property. For anyone attending an event at The Grand Tradition, it is 1/4 of mile up the hill from the Econo Lodge parking lot. Econo Lodge's rooms are clean with comfortable beds and plenty of towels, although the furniture, drapes, and carpet are beginning to show wear. A quick walk across the carpet in white socks showed it's been awhile since they've been shampooed. Simple continental breakfast is served after 7 a.m. We didn't get to try the breakfast as we had to be about 45 miles away in Anza, CA at 7 a.m. Despite being in the heart of Fallbrook, it is a quick drive to Interstate 15, whether it's north to Temecula and the wine country, or south to San Diego and it's many sites.

Room Tip: For those requiring handicap access, request a first floor room when you make your reservation as th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pentaxian
EconoLodgeCAC91, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
We are glad that you had a pleasant stay, I will look into the wearing items as well as the carpets. We routinely do shampoo our carpets to keep them spot free. I will have our vacuums examined to see if they are working just the way that they should. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will share your notes with our team so that we can deliver great guest experiences.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed here for a week and it was nice, quiet, clean, great rates, no pool, free wifi, small fridge, microwave, nice bed, desk, loveseat. Not many amenities but its ann EconoLodge so...rooms were above average for this type of hotel and rate Its also per friendly.

Room Tip: upstairs has vaulted ceilings, no elevator, stairs only
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Martin M
EconoLodgeCAC91, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your recommendation!
Beltsville, Maryland
Reviewed 9 July 2014

For the price, this place is unbeatable.
1. I had a large room including a mini-fridge and microwave and a seating area with two upholstered chairs and a coffee table. Very comfortable.
2. Decor is simple and plain, but everything was in excellent repair and clean.
3. The bed was awesome; I haven't slept that well in a long time.
4. I can't comment on breakfast, because I missed it. See #3 above.
5. The (male) night clerk for check-in was efficient, kind and helpful. Bravo!

A couple of caveats:
1. Bring your own toiletries. Bar soap, shampoo and hair dryer are provided.
2. Note to manager: perhaps consider replacing the (female) day clerk or provide her with more training. I spoke to her 3 times--twice on the phone in the days before arrival and once upon check-out. I understand that English is not her first language and I am sympathetic. However, if she is going to work in a customer-service industry, she simply MUST learn to speak LOUDLY, SLOWLY and CLEARLY. This girl never spoke above a mumbled whisper, which I could not understand, especially on the phone. I arrived at the hotel actually believing that my reservation might have been canceled, prepared that I might have to drive back to Los Angeles in the middle of the night, because I couldn't get this girl to tell me whether I still had a room reserved...or at least I couldn't understand her answers to my questions. Very frustrating. Having to deal with this girl might be reason enough for me to avoid this hotel in the future. Otherwise, everything else about my stay was GREAT!

Room Tip: Unique construction affords travelers choice of 1st or 2nd story and choice of exterior or interior...
Green Features: I stayed only one night, so I didn't pay attention to policy re washing of linens.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Sheryl P
EconoLodgeCAC91, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Great! We appreciate the stay and kind feedback! I will share your review with our staff so that we can make improvements.

I'm that you enjoyed the stay and hope you had a chance to see Fallbrook! We look forward to accommodating on your future visits to the area.

Granite Bay
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The room had every thing we needed at a great price. This is a budget motel, no pool or gym etc. What you get is a good clean,large room with everything you need for a stay. We were there for 5 nights. I understand a few rooms do not have fridge and microwave, so if needed make certain it is in your reservation. The breakfast was a little stingy with a couple of cereals, some pastry and toast and juice as well as coffee and toast, that was it. Our stay was very comfortable and very much worth the price.

Room Tip: Away from the road and upstairs if possible
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Saturday8
EconoLodgeCAC91, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
We greatly appreciate your business and feedback! Thank you for choosing to stay with us while deciding on lodging. We look forward to accommodating you on your future visits to the area!
Minneapolis
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Quiet, comfortable. The staff is top notch, and very accommodating. The beds are comfortable, not a premium mattress, but certainly do-able. Facility is a bit worn around the edges and older, but it is what I expected from an Econo lodge of this age.

Our window didn't close all the way, so the street noise was a bit loud. If you are a light sleeper you might have some issues in the morning traffic.

The breakfast was lovely, coffee was fresh and was a nice way to start the morning off right. If we came back this way, we'd choose this place again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
EconoLodgeCAC91, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, we appreciate your thorough review. Continually making improvements to our service and quality is very important to us. I will make mention to our maintenance regarding the notes for repair. We look forward to accommodating your on your next visit to the area.
Trussville, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Reading these reviews always scares off some people. I guess people think that in a hotel you should never hear others, or see them. Our grandbaby was born to a daughter in Fallbrook. We are from Alabama, 2000 miles away, so we were pretty much throwing a dart at a board 100 miles away and hoping for a bullseye. Using the Priceline Negotiator feature, we got the room for what we considered an incredible value. It was cheaper than what we tried to book for direct. We were there 9 straight days. If there was anything scary we would have seen it. We ate the continental breakfast every morning. The maid service was there early, the sheets changed and room cleaned. We never worried about leaving our valuables in the room. There were no seedy characters hanging around, no drug deals or hookers hanging out late. It was a very nice place that we used as a home base of operations while we toured Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Hollywood, and visited the Naval hospital and my daughter's home a mile away to visit the new baby. We would definitely stay there again. The staff was very polite and helpful. The bed was very comfortable, the wifi was easy. Check in was a breeze. One of our room keys stopped working and was fixed in a matter of seconds. Our only complaint was that there was no sugar for the coffee in our room two days. If that was all I could find, then it was okay with us.

Room Tip: The upstairs odd numbered rooms have a large window.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Phillip H
EconoLodgeCAC91, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for leaving a thorough review, we appreciate it very much! Our location can be a bit off with relation to interstate and highway access, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you on your next visit to Fallbrook!
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Booked this online with Easytobook .com and it was...easy! And quick. It was just what we we looking for at the right price: a nice and clean, no frills, smoke-smell free, quiet and comfortable room to just get a night's sleep after a late check-in. Spoke with owner/manager on phone after booking online to guarantee late check in and he was very accomodating.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

EconoLodgeCAC91, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
We appreciate you sharing your thoughts on your recent stay, Thank you. Our goal is to offer the most value for price in our market!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Fallbrook Country Inn
Ramada Temecula Old Town
#9 of 19 in Temecula
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula
Embassy Suites by Hilton Temecula Valley Wine Country

Been to Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown? Share your experiences!