“outstanding”

Ranked #1 of 3 Fish Camp B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New Jersey
Reviewed 31 May 2006

Where do i start. Pamela overall is the greatest. From greeting us, to helping us with our itinerary, to making us always feel welcome, and providing the best and well thought out amenities. This place is beautiful and has a great setting. I felt so comfortable that I though I was home. Our room with the fireplace was great. The bed and the pillows were so comfortable. A fabulous breakfast ,with a great selection was served on time each morning so that we could get to the park early. the topper was the pinecone that was given to me by Pamela and John. I was not able to keep a pinecone that I found in the park (you are not allowed to take anything out of the park). I told Pamela and John about it and the next day I had the biggest pinecone sitting on the roof of my car.Compliments of Pamela and john. They found this pinecone along the road outside the park so that I could keep it. Talk about going above and beyond.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 30 May 2006

Fantastic! Serene! Beautiful! Bewitching!
Just a few unworthy superlatives to describe The Big Creek Inn at Fish Camp.
I have been to the USA five times now in the last ten years and can honestly say that this is THE best lodging to be had anywhere, bar none.
It is immaculately clean everywhere. It is beautifully decorated everywhere. The setting is truly unbelievable and to top it all, it is owned and run by the nicest and most welcoming person(s) you would wish to meet. Pamela (and John), I applaud you!
We will be returning here one day, definately, and I can't wait!
Our only regret?
That we had to go to Lake Tahoe after only one night here. (We did ask if we could stay for the next two nights but the Inn was booked solid)
Book early folks, if you want to stay here, 'cos believe me, once you've stayed here nothing else can compare.

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 19 May 2006

We have just stayed at the Big Creek Inn following my brother's wedding at Las Vegas.
I found the Inn on the internet, and having never booked independently like this before, all four of us had our fingers crossed. We needn't have worried - wow is all I can say. The place is a little piece of heaven.
We had booked two of the three rooms available and they were beautiful. Pam (our host) was very welcoming and obviously takes enormous pride in providing everything a travelller could wish for. We felt like we were being welcomed into someone's home and it just got better from there.
Unfortunately we were only there one night, but we spent that evening on the verandah under the stars relaxing in the hot tub after having watched a family of beavers playing in the creek just below us. We could even watch humming birds feeding above our heads - what an experience.
The next morning we were also helped by John (a really nice guy) and we left - very reluctantly - to continue our journey, vowing to do everything we could to return for a longer visit in the future. All I can say is this was one of the most wonderful experiences I have had on a holiday and I can't wait to do it all again. Thanks Pam and John.

1  Thank bikerhen333
Reviewed 15 May 2006

My husband I had the unique opportunity to experience 7 nights of lodging at the Big Creek Inn. Due to the length of our visit, I feel quite qualified to provide an accurate review of what Pamela Salisbury and her charming inn have to offer.

If you are looking for quiet solitude in a romantic setting between a grove of evergreens, complete with the relaxing sounds of a rushing creek; sightings of nature, such as a variety of birds, beavers, ducks, etc., -- this is the lodging place for you. All of this can be enjoyed from the comfort of your personal balcony, various lounge charis on the deck, the outdoor hot tub, or even the hammock.

The interior of the home is immaculate and tastefully appointed. Many resources are available for you to plan your day(s) in Yosemite -- internet access, films, books and restaurant menus, along with personal recommendations from Pamela. Snacks, beverages and a DVD collection are available to add to your enjoyment.

Pamela could not have been a more gracious hostess. She catered to our every need, starting with a delicious and different hot-cooked breakfast each morning. Having experienced B & B's for 20 years, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank FrankandPatty
White Oak, Texas
Reviewed 26 April 2006

April 2006
My husband & I just returned from staying with our lovely hostess Pamela at Big Creek Inn. Over our 3 week trip my husband planned for our 38th Anniversary we both think the Inn was our favorite. We wish we could have stayed longer than 2 days. My husband Rick booked the B & B after looking at the reviews. We could not have been happier. Pamela was so nice, helpful, she thought of things that amazed us. The view from our balcony was breathtaking & we enjoyed the family of beavers right outside . Everything is immaculate. Breakfast was A++ (Eggs Benedict). Pamela thanks for everything. We hope to come back & stay at your lovely home again.

Rick & Bobbie Dudley
White Oak, Texas

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 March 2006

My husband and I stayed with Pamela for only one night in February en route to Las Vegas. The Big Creek Inn was immaculately presented and very homely. Pamela welcomed us personally and gave lots of information for us visitng in and around the Yosemite area. We went down to the valley floor and saw the waterfalls and scenery - the views were breathtaking! The room was first class and so were the amenities. She provided everything a travelling guest could need, down to "help yourself" drinks and snacks and a fantastic DVD collection to help you unwind in the evening. We had an evening meal at the Tenaya Lodge which was close by, the food was great and the staff were very friendly. In hindsight we should have stayed two nights in Yosemite as there was so much to see and do, but the time we spent there was well worth it and thanks to Pam for making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank bondchick
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 12 December 2005

How fortunate was I to have found this quaint Inn nestled between groves of evergreen trees and a gentle flowing creek. The views are simply breathtaking. Pamela is unequivocably, the most superb hostess and her attention to detail is unlike most- guests are treated to a variety of snack foods, conveniently located in the common areas of the Inn, along with assorted teas, cocoa and coffee. The rooms are spacious and exceptionally clean. Certainly, my husband and I will return. Thank you Pamela. Melody and Victor, L.A., CA

• Stayed: December 2005
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Yosemite View Lodge
Yosemite View Lodge
#1 of 2 in El Portal

Been to Yosemite Big Creek Inn? Share your experiences!