“Great stop on way to Yosemite.”

Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Fish Camp
More attraction details
Owner description: Four-mile excursion on a narrow-gauge railroad through Sierra National Forest's scenic landscape.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We wanted to break up our trip and heard about the train ride. The kids all loved it and it was a great way for the adults to relax. Interesting talk along the way too.

1  Thank Jtrunning

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Unique and historic direct drive steam engine used in the logging business. The ride down and up the mountain was about 1.5 hrs. with historical info. provided during the ride.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband, 12 yr old son and I enjoyed the moonlight special (wed and sat eve only) which included dinner. You can buy wine or beer if you choose. This is a really neat trip out into the forest on this great old locomotive and the band sings good campfire songs like John Denver & Merle Haggard! Good time.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We enjoy tourist railroads, and this was a pleasant one-hour ride through the sugar pine forest. The trip was refreshing and lunch trackside was delightful. The would be an excellent trip for children.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I planed a moonlight special to honor my moms birthday. I was so glad I did. As I arrived the locomotive was sitting there and waited on the arrival of the guests. The tables where set for dinner. It all was so inviting. I came early and was glad I did. I visited the Gift shop and found something I was looking for a long time. Then I went to the museum and the bookstore. I am just amazed what the pioneers had to go through in order to see such a beautiful gift from God. The steak, chicken and hotdogs were grilled right in front of you and it made you hungry watching the men doing what they enjoyed. There are 2 "logs" you can sit on as the ride is going on and the guide was great. Very informative even for a "local". The band was great and funny, just a warming touch for dinner and at the campfire stop. I would do this all over again. Thank you for making the night like it was way back there in those times, when they just started. It is great for all ages. Have to bring the Grand kids for this adventure. Thank you Scott, Toree, all the other staff and the Stoffer Family for the vision and the presentation through all those years.