“Great burgers and good for families”

Jackalope's Bar & Grill at Tenaya Lodge
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Fish Camp
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: After a day of discovery, retire to Jackalope's Bar & Grill to relax and enjoy pub fare, delicious local beers, wines and spirits. Featuring made-to-order grilled burgers, sandwiches, specialty salads and more, this Yosemite bar and grill offers an array of options. Children have their own menu and can entertain themselves by coloring with complimentary crayons. If they're lucky, they can even catch a glimpse of Tenaya's legendary Jackalope (hint: look up!). And if it's a game day, you can catch all the action via our new flat-screen HDTVs.
California
“Great burgers and good for families”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

There are only so many options for dinner at the Tenaya Lodge, and it is fun to try them all. We like Jackalope's because the burgers are great!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank GreekamericanMom

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Granite Bay, California
“Poor service.”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Our reserved table was given to another group of 10 with supposedly the same name as us so we waited for another table to open :-( We waited 75 minutes for gluten & diary free pasta. It had cheese sauce on it, we had asked 3 times for marinara. There are no other restaurants close by.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Marci M
The Villages, Florida
“Beautiful view”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Had the sweet protato fires and burgers for lunch- quite a large serving and a gorgeous view. The food was well prepared and the service was good.

Visited January 2013
San Diego, California
“Good as expected”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We have eaten here 3-4 times in the fall of 2012 in preperation for our wedding during the course of 2 stays at the lodge.

The service was good as expected for a bar and grill. We always sat at the bar except for once when we sat with our group at a table. As noted in some previous reviews there was some waiting for seating when plenty empty seating was available. We also experienced this. On one occasion - around 7pm on a Saturday - we were told there would be a wait of up to 45 minutes. We then decided to sit at the bar and found 2 stools. Not before one of the supervisors approached me to apologize for the mix up in the table seating. I was a little over anxious when I noticed all the empty tables and let someone know about that. Hey sorry. We were tired from an all day affair of finishing up wedding details just and wanted to sit down, have a beer and sandwich and catch a couple innings of the series. His apology seemed empty and he sounded like he was just going through the motions and acted like he didn't care anyway. Came off like some smart-[--] kid. So why he made the effort to walk over to me and apologize, puzzled me. He just made me feel more angry about the whole issue. Anyhow if they are staffing based on occupancy or whatever and when customers see empty tables and are told 45 minutes waiting, something is definitely wrong. It would be nice for the maître d' to explain. As a paying customer I would expect that. There were no other issues the remainder of the times we came in. Service ✬½

As far as the food we understand the location and that this is a corporation for the NPS and so on and so forth and that the prices are what they are. I get all that. Personally I did feel the prices were a just little high but I also live in California where our prices are higher than average anyway. I would expect to pay more when travelling in or near a national treasure like Yosemite. Food value ✬ ✬ ✬

We were never dissatisfied with any of the food dishes and ordered things like the French Onion Soup, Gouda Burger, Grilled Ahi Sandwich, Tenaya Salad, Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese. I can also vouch for the Wings, Triple slider stack, Onion Rings, Sweet Potato fries but the artichoke hearts were blah. Notwithstanding that, all dishes were tasty, portioned well with nice presentation. Our group dinner for 8 persons had no complaints and ordered many items across the menu. Everything looked great when served. Everyone seemed pretty happy with their choices. Our waiter Calvin was efficient and thorough, had a couple funny stories to share. Food ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬

I would highly recommend that you phone ahead for a reservation if they're accepted for a "bar & grill", even though reservations for a Bar & Grill seems like an oxymoron.

So yes, I would return to eat here (planning Feb 2013) and also would recommend to friends. I knocked a star off due to the seating misunderstanding.

• Visited December 2012
Los Angeles/New York
“Good burgers - even Veggie!”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Lots of good burger choices and full bar. Nice atmosphere and helpful staff. Everything takes a little longer to get at this lodge but there's nothing else you can drive to. See my full review of the lodge for more details and tips.

Visited January 2013