13 people are viewing this hotel
US$289
Free cancellation until 22/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$286
PricelineUS$230
Hotels.comUS$286
FindHotelUS$255
6,086 results
All reviews the cottages indoor pool ice skating south entrance cottage room the main hotel breakfast buffet glacier point minute drive fire pit embers jackalope concierge fireplace tubs lodging valet
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 August 2019 via mobile

I really enjoyed my 5 ni stay at Tenaya. I stayed in the cottages -just a quick 5 min walk from the main lodge. The cottage has a mini- fridge, microwave and automatic fireplace . Every team member I met at Tenaya Lodge was genuinely nice and helpful. When you check in you get a DIY s’more kit. That was fun. There is a small adult only pool that I enjoyed. On Sat and Sun afternoon there is a small 3-4 person band that plays. Really nice. I highly recommend the flashlight hike. Very informative and fun! I ate at both restaurants and they were great. Very large portion sizes. You can also get free drink vouchers if you forego housekeeping service. I like Tenayas go green initiatives. Tenaya is conveniently located just a few
Miles outside of the park. Visit the spa - I got a 90 min massage that was just lovely. The grounds are immaculately kept and gorgeous. Hike to the Tenaya Falls - gorgeous.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank TexasSunrise
TenayaLodge, Guest Relations at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2019

Hello, thank you for your 5-star rating for Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite. We are so happy that you enjoyed your time at the resort and we are looking forward to welcoming you back for your next vacation to the area.

Reviewed 18 August 2019

Just returned from 5 nights at the Explorer Cabins at Tenaya. First trip back to Tenaya / Yosemite after nine years. The newly built Explorer Cabins are simply brilliant. Plenty of space for a family of 4, high specification of finish and your own veranda to sit and chill after hiking in Yosemite National Park (just 3 miles down the road). Fire pits, social drinks each evening and a lovely forest setting just down the hill from the main the Tenaya Lodge hotel. Once the landscaping is complete this will be even better (if that is possible).

What made this holiday simply stunning was the welcome and constant service from the Explorer team; particulary Mark, Jeff, Miriam and Jessie. They could not do enough to make our stay perfect, including insider tips how to get the best from the park. Whole family was very sad to leave. Thank you guys.

4  Thank NM_4370

Reviewed 18 August 2019

Our family of 5 came here for the first time to see Yosemite. This place is awesome. We booked the family cabin which has 1K square feet of space. the kids loved it because each of them had their own bed. From the moment we arrived everyone here has been so friendly and really seemed to love their job. Customer service seems to be their philosophy through and through. The bon fires, happy hours, s'mores, restaurants, pools all make this a great experience. It is just an easy trip to Yosemite - 2 miles down the road. We did the Tenaya Lodge Yosemite tour and that was a great way to see all of the hot spots in Yosemite without having to worry about driving or the crowds. Definitely recommend this tour!! We also did the night time hike that was an hour long. Great way to learn about the area and see the stars.

Reviewed 17 August 2019 via mobile

We stayed here in early August for two nights on a tour of California. Wish we had booked for longer. On the first night we had dinner at the pizza place near the cottages (short walk from the main hotel) - casual environment and great value if you share big pizzas.

We booked the full day tour of Yosemite a few months ahead. What an incredible, breathtaking place Yosemite is. Pick up is from the hotel at 7.15am and we arrived back at 5.30pm. I can’t recommend this tour enough. We got to see all the areas of the park we wanted to see without the hassle of driving, parking etc. The tour is on a minibus with huge windows and the roof retracts (weather permitting). Our tour guide Phil was fabulous, so knowledgeable and entertaining and recommended the best picnic spot for lunch at Swinging Bridge. Thank you Phil! Tips for the tour: 1. pre-buy lunch at the hotel (you can pre-order a packed lunch the night before or buy sandwiches etc. In the morning before you set off). 2. Take swimming things if you fancy a dip in the river when you stop for lunch.

We had dinner at the bar and grill in the second night. Quite expensive but what we had was excellent.

Nice pool and bar area with live music on one afternoon. They do roll and place towels on all the loungers first thing in the morning and throughout the day. It took me a while to figure out that even with the towels they were free and not already taken. They play music under the water - our 10 year old loved that!

There is a laundry (allow about $7 per wash and dry load).

We loved our stay here and will be back. I have seen another review saying that the hotel was noisy. We didn’t think it was - our room was towards the end of a corridor.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank jod714

Reviewed 17 August 2019

We attend here for a few nights as a family of 5 - 3 teenagers - in order to explore Yosemite. The hotel has a lovely feel to it and is in the middle of the forest. We were in a family room which, with 5 of us, felt quite cramped... but we didn't spend much time there so it didn't really matter.
The shared spaces were lovely, especially the outdoor pool (lots of sunbeams) and the spa (we were the only ones there) - the gym (which my kids used) was great, and we didn't use the indoor pool. We used one of the publicised walks to do a 7 mile round run to the nearby waterfalls which were the most beautiful thing we saw in California - we were the only ones there. Equally, I did yoga early one morning on the terrace with my daughter - the teacher (who also ran the spa - sorry I cannot remember your name) was fantastic and incredibly friendly and helpful. I have never done yoga in such an inspiring, beautiful location.
The hotel is only 2 miles from the entrance to Yosemite Park BUT is another 40 minutes or so drive from the centre where you walk from - but it is so worth the drive. It was the highlight of our tour of California. We even saw a bear by the side of the road which made our day.
The main restaurant (that overlooks the pool) is nice - I wouldn't rush back to the pizza one...food was pretty average and decor meant it just doesn't feel like a restaurant...more like a building that they have struggled to know what to do with.
For me, the only part that I didn't feel was great was the reception staff - on checkin we queued up for about 25 minutes and then were not made to feel particularly welcome - we had driven from San Francisco so long drive! Upon departure, I had misplaced my iPhone and went to ask them if it had been handed in, and to be honest they could not have been less interested.
The valets and the concierges were absolutely fantastic on all counts.
Thanks for a great stay!

3  Thank 891elainef