Arbel Guest House Shavit Family
  • Breakfast included
US$186
Hotelpower.com
Hotel Eden(Tiberias)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjesus trailarbel guest housefruit treesarbel cliffsshavit familysea of galileeancient synagoguethe ownerbeds were very comfortablelovely poolnational parkwonderful dinnermint teabeautiful flowersspent two nightswould highly recommend this placedont miss
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is a wonderful property with excellent hosts. Israel cooked some of the best food we had in the country. We couldn't have been more pleased! It was also very nice not to be in Tiberias itself wit all the hustle and bustle. The guest house is about a 15 drive to town.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My wife and I were hiking the Jesus trail in July and pushed it from Cana to Arbel. We chose Arbel Guest house as it was listed in the Jesus trail accommodation options. After a very very long hot day with blisters on our feet and dusk in our eyes, we walked in to Arbel Guest house and was met by the lady owner. She was shocked we had walked so far with our heavy packs so she went and brought us some fresh lemonade. We asked if there was room in the dorm but ended up giving us a private room for the same price.
After a swim in the pool we chose to eat at their restaurant where her husband is the cook.
My wife and I both agreed this was the best food we had on our month in the Holy Land. The man kept throwing in freebies from Mango juice to Lemon-cello which was home made.
Restaurent 10/10!
Room was fantastic with free WiFi and quite modern and clean.
Breakfast was amazing!
As we were leaving with our heavy packs, the man threw in a bag of food including an apple for supplies.
What a treat after a dreadful night at Cana Guest house.
If we returned to Israel and Arbel, we would definitely return here!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Came to Arbel to get a rest. It is a beautiful place with very good service. Our room (or small suite) had everything we needed and we had a good view out to the hills. The food was very good, served by Israel, the chef who makes his own chocolates, jams and lemoncello. It was delightful to meet him and his wife, Sarah.

Our stay was spoiled on the day we left. We packed up the car and left it in the parking area while we went for a walk to the Arbel hills. After 10 minutes I realised I had left my Kindle on the bed between my husband's pillow and mine. I had left it there as I wakened in the night and read for a bit without wakening my husband. Out on the walk I realised I had left it there, but decided (stupid me) that I would get it when I got back from the walk.

After one and a half hours we returned and I asked immediately to go to the room to get it. The cleaning lady said it wasn't there, and so the owner and I went to check. The room had been changed and iI wasn't there. Nobody had seen it. We even phoned the laundry where the sheets had gone but they said they hadn't seen anything. My husband even took absolutely everything out of the car and the case in the event that it was there and that we had made a mistake.

So, beautiful place, but disappointed that the owners didn't follow up with me about it. It was definitely there when I got up (for I was reading it) but not there when I got back from the walk. There was no phone call of apology/commiseration, offer of recompense or even them contacting their insurance company. So it's gone - lost and it certainly wasn't us that lost it.

We went to Arbel in April, but hesitated to write a review until now, as I wanted to give the owners the benefit of the doubt. I am disappointed that the loss of an item costing more than #100 wasn't even followed up by them. My wonderful memory has been marred by the experience and I wouldn't go there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank May04
Reviewed 11 July 2013

What a charming place! I would highly recommend staying here. This very peaceful place nestled in the Arbel mountain next to Galilee. The rooms (suites really) are very spacious and everything is tastefully decorated with good quality furnishings. The food is absolutely suberb, especially the breakfast and the ingredients come mostly fresh from the family's farm. Staying here was such a pleasant experience I didn't want to leave! I can't wait to visit again - definitely an Israel highlight.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We had an incredible stay at the Arbel Guest House. After a long day of driving and hiking we had a relaxing dip in their pool before having the best dinner of our entire trip to Israel. The rest of our trip we dreamed of returning to the Arbel Guest House for one more meal. We stayed in the top floor room, which was a perfect fit for my wife and I. It had a whirlpool tub, shower, toilet, A/C, flatscreen TV, kitchenette, refrigerator, and a perfectly comfortable bed. After an early morning hike at dawn we returned for undoubtedly one of the best breakfasts we have ever had. The care put into preparing that meal was clearly evident. When we checked out, Sara eagerly gave us sightseeing tips for the rest of our trip.
We are not sure when our next trip to Israel will be, but one thing is for certain: We are headed right back to the Arbel Guest House for some of the best service and food we have ever experienced!

Room Tip: The top-floor room is perfect for couples!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple