“A jewel in the most unexpected place.”

Larkspur Landing Folsom
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Folsom
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 November 2009

I was going here to take a little time away from home with my girlfriend. I am from the area the hotel is and at first impression the hotel doesn't look too impressive. I pass by it a lot of the time and just shrug it off. But little did I know that THAT wasn't the front of the hotel. The hotel is cleverly placed so the front of the hotel is in the back to give the feeling of being secluded in the hills of El Dorado Hills. I was surprised as we rounded the corner to see the beautiful front.

Now the placement, in terms of what to do around the hotel, isn't too much, unless you love shopping. There is the fabulous Folsom Outlets (which the hotel has a "Shop 'n Stay" deal which gives you discounts to the Outlets), a theater, the Broadstone shopping center isn't too far away, plenty of food, and a fun little Color Me Mine that you can lose yourself for a whole day in. At least I did.

I booked the place for about... $75 a night? Not bad for the quality, since each room seems to come with a kitchen (with silverware and plates), flat screen tv, and some of the most beautiful rooms I've ever seen. Makes me want to redecorate my own home in the same way! I've stayed at other hotels (some in Las Vegas, like the Venetian) and found that these rooms top them. Service was personally and friendly, something that made it extremely easy to just chat with the staff and walk away with a smile on my face.

Although... I wish there was more to do other than spending money. But that's just the area. Folsom and the surrounding areas are very fun to explore and see what's there. Old Folsom is a blast too. It isn't too far from Sunrise Mall either. 10-15 minute drive, I believe.

I highly recommend this place, especially if you just need to get away from it all. Fourth floor is fun just to see the view.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Larkspur Landing Folsom

Reviewed 13 November 2009

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Larkspur Landing in Folsom during a recent leisure trip. While I was very hopeful after reading all the wonderful reviews here at Trip Advisor I must say the hotel far exceeded my expectations. The rooms were comfortable and clean and had a full kitchen and the amenities the hotel offers are top notch. While the breakfasts buffet was small there was a wide variety of offerings to suite your needs. Additionally the hotel offers free wireless or hardwired internet connection, laundry, and an exercise room.

But the best part of my stay at Larkspur was the service offered by the wonderful staff. I was greeted every morning by first name and often asked how I was doing. Even upon my second return visit I was pleasantly surprised to see they remembered me and greeted me warmly. They really made quite the impression. Because of this Larkspur Landing will continue to be my preferred choice of accommodations in Folsom.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2009

The hotel was clean, comfortable, and an excellent value. We stayed there for two nights and could not have asked for more. The continental breakfast, while not huge, had enough variety to make a decent meal. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2009

My husband and I attended my 20 year high school reunion just a few miles away and were looking to stay nearby. This hotel had good reviews so we thought we would give it a try. We were quite pleased at how comfortable it was. They think of everything! There was microwave popcorn, dish soap, soap for the dishwasher, microwave, fridge, nice bathroom with quality soaps, comfy bed, nice flatscreen tv, desk with 2 chairs, and a great continental breakfast (which we took full advantage of after a long weekend of partying!) We kept saying how great this would be if we had our kids with us! Though it was quite relaxing without them! We will definitely look for other Larkspur Landing hotels in our future travels!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2009

Larkspur Landing in Folsom, CA was a very nice place to stay, Rooms were quite large and definatly a plus to have a kitchen with a microwave and fridge.

Staff was always very pleasant and would call you by name, This is my favoriate place to stay when traveling for work to Northern CA.

They do provide a free pass to local gym which is a big plus, only drawback would like to see a pool but, definatly doen't keep me from staying there.

Great hotel with large clean modern rooms.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2009

Though the location in a small shopping mall seemed odd to me, the hotel itself is set apart and quiet. Lovely, spacious suite-style rooms and a nice breakfast/lounge area. Not enough staff to help me with some schlepping of a few boxes of material for my business presentation, but other than that, very much enjoyed the stay. Not far from historic areas of Folsom including some nice restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to Tahoe. We were celebrating our anniversary. I made the reservation through the hotel's web-site and under "comments" noted that it was our anniversary. When we checked in, we were THRILLED to find that we had received a complimentary upgrade to a one bedroom suite. Sitting on the kitchen counter was a bottle of Martinelli's Apple Cider with a card from the hotel wishing us a happy anniversary. I LOVE this hotel chain! This was my second time at this location and I have stayed at the Sacremento location over a handfull of times. You check in and are greeted with warm cookies at the front desk. You can check out DVDs for free at the front desk and watch them on your flat screen tv in your huge room while drinking your complimentary hot chocolate and eating your complimentary popcorn. I have done alot of traveling in my time (I used to be a travel agent) and they have by far the best toiletries and one of the most comfortable beds ever. The complimentary continental breakfast is by far the best that I have ever had. They have a small fitness center, they have a hot tub, they have an outside barbeque area if you want to BBQ. They have at your door a complimentary newspaper in the morning. Complimentary coffees, teas, apple cider in the lobby. What more can I say. There is not one CON to this place! The PROs go on and on!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple