“Nice hotel, covenient location for shopping but offering less perks now”

Larkspur Landing Folsom
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Folsom
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Nice hotel, covenient location for shopping but offering less perks now”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2010

Our family of four stayed in two executive suites for three nights during Christmas. This is the second year in a row that we are staying here for visiting families and we were overall pleased with our stay. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and the flat screen TVs worked well.

There are a few things that we feel the hotel should improve on - The toilettries offered were not consistently provided, we had more than one bottle of shampoo but no conditioners; A couple of the lights did not work (light bulbs might need replaced) which we feel they should have checked beforehand to ensure were in working order; The hotel now offeres a different brand of bottled water, and in the name of "green, made-of-plant bottles" they now charge $1 for each small bottle of water (used to be complimentary!); The internet did not work when we checked in and we had to call technical support to learn the hotel server had issues, it took a while for the service to connect; The hotel still charges absorbant amount for local and US domestic calls, with so many other vacation rentals out there offering free local and US domestic calls, Larkspur Landing should follow suit to stay competitive.

The location of the hotel is convenient being across from shopping centers and factory outlets which came in handy for the holiday season. And we enjoyed the fresh baked cookies and continental breakfasts. We hope things will not change for worse so that we will continue to come back in the future.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank paenca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Hebrew first
Palm Beach Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2010

This was my first visit to Larkspur Landings. It had to have the cleanest room I have ever rented. A real treat! Hotel ... amenities were good, excellent location, great cost/value pricing. Nice kitchen in room, free laundry, good breakfasts. I would definitely stay at one of their properties in the future.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Jerusalem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2009

I don't need a hotel with two TV sets in a room - and Larkspur doesn't have that. But a comfortable bed, working facilities, and lots of useful extras (decent filter coffee provided in the rooms, along with microwave popcorn, free guest laundry) made this a relaxing - and trouble-free stay. That's what I'll come back for.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2009

My husband and I had never stayed at a Larkspur Landing, but after checking the reviews on TripAdvisor we booked it. We were originally going to stay at another hotel in Auburn, because we were golfing that weekend at the Winchester Country Club and at Camino Heights and had stayed at the other place before on a different trip. However, there was a wedding going on in town and the first hotel was booked. So we decided to spend the night in Folsom at Larkspur Landing instead.
It was a terrific place! The staff was excellent and very helpful, the hotel was clean and quiet. The room was spacious, had a complete kitchen, and even a whiteboard on the wall for meetings.
The contintental breakfast the next morning was very nice and we would definitely stay there again!
Just to let you know, the view we had was of a Taco Bell, but as we were only there one night we didn't mind at all. The outlets are right across the street!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Beaverton, oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2009

I choose Larkspurs for business travel regularly. I have grown to expect clean rooms, lots of amentities and friendly service. My positive business travel experiences have now led me to use Larkspurs for vacation travel as well. My wife likes the suite styled rooms and personal customer service.

Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Carmichael, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2009

I was going here to take a little time away from home with my girlfriend. I am from the area the hotel is and at first impression the hotel doesn't look too impressive. I pass by it a lot of the time and just shrug it off. But little did I know that THAT wasn't the front of the hotel. The hotel is cleverly placed so the front of the hotel is in the back to give the feeling of being secluded in the hills of El Dorado Hills. I was surprised as we rounded the corner to see the beautiful front.

Now the placement, in terms of what to do around the hotel, isn't too much, unless you love shopping. There is the fabulous Folsom Outlets (which the hotel has a "Shop 'n Stay" deal which gives you discounts to the Outlets), a theater, the Broadstone shopping center isn't too far away, plenty of food, and a fun little Color Me Mine that you can lose yourself for a whole day in. At least I did.

I booked the place for about... $75 a night? Not bad for the quality, since each room seems to come with a kitchen (with silverware and plates), flat screen tv, and some of the most beautiful rooms I've ever seen. Makes me want to redecorate my own home in the same way! I've stayed at other hotels (some in Las Vegas, like the Venetian) and found that these rooms top them. Service was personally and friendly, something that made it extremely easy to just chat with the staff and walk away with a smile on my face.

Although... I wish there was more to do other than spending money. But that's just the area. Folsom and the surrounding areas are very fun to explore and see what's there. Old Folsom is a blast too. It isn't too far from Sunrise Mall either. 10-15 minute drive, I believe.

I highly recommend this place, especially if you just need to get away from it all. Fourth floor is fun just to see the view.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Anchorage, AK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2009

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Larkspur Landing in Folsom during a recent leisure trip. While I was very hopeful after reading all the wonderful reviews here at Trip Advisor I must say the hotel far exceeded my expectations. The rooms were comfortable and clean and had a full kitchen and the amenities the hotel offers are top notch. While the breakfasts buffet was small there was a wide variety of offerings to suite your needs. Additionally the hotel offers free wireless or hardwired internet connection, laundry, and an exercise room.

But the best part of my stay at Larkspur was the service offered by the wonderful staff. I was greeted every morning by first name and often asked how I was doing. Even upon my second return visit I was pleasantly surprised to see they remembered me and greeted me warmly. They really made quite the impression. Because of this Larkspur Landing will continue to be my preferred choice of accommodations in Folsom.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Folsom
Hampton Inn & Suites Folsom
Lake Natoma Inn
Lake Natoma Inn
#7 of 11 in Folsom
Hilton Garden Inn Folsom
Courtyard Sacramento Folsom
Staybridge Suites Sacramento - Folsom
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Rancho Cordova/folsom

Been to Larkspur Landing Folsom? Share your experiences!