“Great for road warriors!”

Larkspur Landing Folsom
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Folsom
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 November 2006

The Larkspur Landing Home Suite Hotel is located in a small shopping center on the edge of the Folsom, California "Premium Outlets" shops. It is 2.5 files from the Historic (California Gold Rush) District and several miles from business campuses of Intel and other companies. The "suite" rooms are clearly designed to accommodate the needs of business travelers. My wife and I stayed in one of the "studio" rooms, includes a kitchen section that is complete with a full size refrigerator, range top, microwave oven, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, pots, pans, dishes, etc. The facility also has one-bedroom units.

The room was exceptionally attractive for a modest price facility. The room, furniture, and furnishing were clearly planed from the ground up. (The floor tile matches in the kitchen area matches the windrow treatment, which matches the kitchen light fixture, etc. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Furnishings include a large work desk with two chairs, plus an easy chair with foot stool.

There is a free internet connection in the room and a good sized business center. The exercise room machines are fairly new and in good condition, but limited in number: 1 bike, 1 elliptical trainer, 1 stepper, 1 weight machine, and a collection of free weights.

Business travelers may appreciate the "grocery shopping service" (fill out a list in the morning and your groceries will be in your refrigerator when you get back from work.)

For my taste, the free "Healthy Start" continental breakfast deserved a real cheer. Choices include a variety of yogurts, juices, oatmeals, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, bagels, and whole grain bread/toast. If you don't want to be healthy, you can still get triglyceride loaded muffins.

A word a of caution: Use Trip Advisor to check internet prices before calling for a reservation. When I called, the reservation clerk tried to claim that a price $20 higher than the internet price was a discounted price. (However, she quickly matched the internet price.)

This facility is excellent if it is what you want.

--Jeff

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank strathj

Reviewed 26 July 2006

We had a great stay. I was in Folsom for a weekend training and my husband joined me to work in the hotel while I was away during the day. Our studio room was very nice. The well stocked kitchen worked perfectly for weekend meals.

• Stayed: June 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 April 2006

This was only my second trip ever to California. I had concluded the business portion in San Jose, and headed to the Sacramento area for some research I needed to do.

This was my first experience with a Larkspur property, and I was very impressed. The beds are absolutely amazing. On a par with Westin's Heavenly Beds. The room itself was comfortable and well-arranged. The common areas are decorated in a very sophisticated and comfortable Mission style.

Room service is provided by several local spots. I ordered in from Macaroni Grill my first night. There is a movie theater right behind the inn, and shopping centers behind and right across the street, one of which is an outlet mall.

There is also a little coffee shop right next door, which was handy for an early morning jaunt into downtown Sacto to the library.

I sampled the continental breakfast before I left, and as these types of breakfasts go, this one was nice and fresh, with good variety of coffee, juices, breakfast breads and bagels. I think they also had fruit and cereal, although I did not try them.

My only complaint was that they night I was there, I had a group of party-hearty folks checked in next door about halfway through my first evening. Although you sign a "no parties" agreement before checking in, these folks turned the rap music up loud, and proceeded to make major annoyances out of themselves. I was working at my computer at the desk, so was more annoyed than I might have been just watching TV, because I was right next to the wall.

Being a woman traveling alone, I did not want to call attention to myself, so asked management to handle it. He was forced to call up to them. They lowered the volume for awhile, then turned it back up. I called again. He called them again. He told me that one more time and they would be evicted. Fortunately, they did eventually quiet down some, but it was between 1 and 3 in the morning.

Fortunately, the next night was uneventful. I was very happy to see that Larkspur has a property near my employers' main office in San Jose. Whether I will get comped for it or not, I'm staying THERE instead of a cruddy ExtendedStay next time. Larkspur has spoiled me into regular patronage!

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank miselainis
Reviewed 4 October 2005

This hotel has the most unbelievably comfortable beds! The mini kitchen was fabulous and the room was extremely clean. Staff was very friendly and the variety of breakfast items was great. We even got a welcome basket with snacks upon arriving. We loved our stay in Folsom and will be looking to stay in other Larkspur locations whenever possible.

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank Reine80
Reviewed 26 August 2005

I had to travel to Folsom for business in Aug, 2005...while I was not excited about traveling to Folsom in the middle of summer, I must say that Larkspur Landing is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The one bedroom floorplan is roomy, and the "apartment" feel of it made it a pleasure to come back to after a day of work. It was impeccably clean, the bed was one of the most comfortable I'd slept in (as were the down comforters), and the desk/dining room table is big enough for all computers, folders, and whatever else you need to work with (and eat dinner at the same time).

The breakfasts had just enough variety for everyone... bagels, cream cheese, a variety of muffins, hard boiled eggs, string cheese, trail mix, and various fruit. I like to eat a light, healthy breakfast, so the breakfast fare suited my needs perfectly.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled on business
4  Thank daisies1
A TripAdvisor Member
Carson City, Nevada
Reviewed 4 June 2004

Stayed here twice for training weeks about 8 months apart and the hotel service, cleanliness, location, ammenities were excellent. Mini kitchen with microwave, full-size refrigerator, utensils, starbucks coffee, snack and water. Cleanest place I've ever been in. Free use of a local fitness facility (within walking distance), movie theater, two fast food joints, one restaurant, gas station mini-mart and a full outlet mall across the street. Nice staff, morning snacks in the lobby. Excellent choice.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 February 2004

This hotel is great. If you are planning a couple of days off with your significant other then this is a find. Its all suite and thats true. I walked in feeling more like it was a good size one bedroom apartment. Not to mention the bathroom is extremely large with two facets and the kitchen is fully equipped with plates, pots and pans, and glassware. The staff was extremely curtious as was the general manager. It is convenietly located across the street from Factory outlets, right next door to the movie theater ( but is very quiet ) and next to a couple of restuarants including Chili's. They even have free Bike rentals and info on trails to ride. This place is a great getaway and worth the drive if you are remotely close to it.

8  Thank PEteman_8